2008 Cadillac CTS Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2008 CTS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Sort Reviews by

Fun Car
By Darwin's Guy

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Driven 500 miles so far; getting 29 hwy mpg; sound system is great; absolutely no problems at this point. Love the interior and exterior; white premium paint is beautiful. Love the Bluetooth phone connection; talking on phone as I enter car, automatically call is transfered to car, no buttons to push. Came from BMW 745Li, have never looked back since getting the CTS (see ya BMW); this is a very nice vehicle; good deal with dealer. Debated with self on Infiniti G35 and M35/45 and Lincoln MKZ; CTS beat both with features and more for the money; absolutely no regrets/second thoughts.

Favorite Features

Sound system; bluetooth system; premium paint; interior appointments; weather/traffic reports thru nav system; iPod connection; XM radio; exterior styling. Love the keyless entry/starting, remote start. Great car for the money, beats BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Lexus in this regard.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe little longer wheel base for more comfortable ride even though current ride is pretty good (remember I came from BMW 745Li); better interior storage (fairly limited)

Great Car
By rados123

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

What a great vehicle, this is my first G.M. car. Fast, comfortable, (I'm 6'3) great car for the price.

Favorite Features

handles great, fast, interior is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

nothing yet!!!

One Sweet Car
By foxtrot571

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 30 years in the working world and turning 55 years young, it was time to reward myself. And, with all of the imported sport sedans everywhere, I wanted to stand out in a big way. My CTS with a black exterior/interior was a dream come true. I never thought I could love a car, but this one makes me love driving to and from work. I've gotten compliments in Beverly Hills from Benz, BMW, Infiniti, and Lexus owners. The Cadillac art and design concept blends so well in this car. The marriage of the design, engineering, manufacturing, and assembly is really impressive. This car is one HOT HEART THROB! I want to drive it everywhere! I'm proud to own an American car again!!Go Cadillac!

Favorite Features

87 octane unleaded fuel (yeah), superb instrumentation, center stack controls and layout, smooth acceleration, nice handling, quiet drive, Bose stereo + 40 gig hard drive, cool pop-up nav screen, ambient lighting, XM, On Star, exquisite interior, & elegant, modern exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Increased interior storage space, rear view camera, larger outside mirrors for blind spots, color code brake release

Nice Car
By Larry

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The CTS is a nice car but it does have some weaknesses. There is a bothersome rattle in the dash, the brake accelerator set up is too close together and is dangerous in my opinion and the storage compartments are small. The hard drive and the navigation systems are much too complicated. The interior is very nice and the exterior style is attractive.

Favorite Features

The interior is nicely done and attractive.

Suggested Improvements

Better accelerator brake set up.

6 cyl engine on CTS is real good
By Mike Ciavalo

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in 2005 STS. CTS rides sharper, and a bit more quiet. Engine is slightly better on Combined MPG now averaging 20.2 after 9,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Love the interior night illumination, extremely nice.

Suggested Improvements

STS 2005 came standard blue tooth, how could GM Screw Up so badly on this option with CTS. That is positively my only gripe. Totally happy with vehicle.

You should have bought the Hot Lava
By Hot Lava

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I shopped for a month, drove every sports sedan, suv, and AWD vehicles made, and bought this one. This is my '86 IROC Z28 all grown up. She's now a sexy graceful American; knows who she is, what she wants and how to get it with style! I bought the awd hot lava and it has bluetooth and all the other stuff you guys want! I have waited 48 years for this car that yes still has room for improvement as you all have suggested, but we bought it for $8,700 under the sticker, cash deal and so far it hasn't disappointed me on my 100 mi/day commute on dirt hills and curves in North Idaho terrain.

Favorite Features

Swallows the road at 26-28 MPG Car drives itself, engine almost a BMW for much less $ The style and luxury of course.

Suggested Improvements

Little things that you can deal with because she hooks you with her wink, intelligence and graceful moves that makes you want to take her out again.

Stands Out!
By Mark

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I originally was looking at the Infiniti G35 or BMW 335. The Infiniti was a tremendous value, and the BMW had an engine that was simply irresistible. Then, out of nowhere, I cam across the CTS. To say the least, this car is an architectural masterpiece. It can stand out, unlike the BMW and Infiniti. Especially in Red. I get at least one compliment a day on that car, people always ask me what kind of car it is, when I say "Cadillac", thy always say "what?".

Favorite Features

Styling Inside and Out, Navigation System, Red Color, Build Quality, Fit and Finish.

Suggested Improvements

Place the Engine of the BMW In it, get the price-tag of the Infiniti, and you will have the best car on the market.

Love my CTS
By Jharold

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love driving my CTS. Itís a perfect balance between performance and comfort. Performs well on long trips and around town. Fit and trim are excellence. No annoying rattles. The sun roof provides adequate shade from the Georgia sunshine

Favorite Features

The interior look and comfort. Road handling and performance.

Suggested Improvements

More interior storage. Better rear view visibility.

My Caddy
By Janet Reeves

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Driving the Cadillac is a dream and owing it is even better.

Favorite Features

The interior

Suggested Improvements

Wood Grain on all the Cadillac's steering wheels and gear shift with no extra charge

This CTS is best car ever purchased.
By Conner

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The ride and interior of this car are truly outstanding! Never in my wildest dreams did we think of owning a Cadillac, however "WOW" are we in love with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

The PRICE!!! Awesome price for a heavily loaded vehicle. Mercedes can't offer anything close to this figure. We comparison shopped for a month.

Suggested Improvements

Soft close doors and power soft close trunk lid. No complaints, only praise. We can't believe it, this car is phenomenal.