Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Not Alone
By Pboss

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my CTS for almost two years. Overall, I am mostly happy with my purchase. Pros: AWD handles great in Alaska Winter weather. Styling is beautiful and have power to spare. Cons: Squeaky brakes since day one! Most irritating: rattle from steering column. Both were deemed "normal" by dealer service department. At $15,00 maybe these things are normal. At almost $50K they should not be. As much as I love this car, with the constant "normal" rattles, I will not be buying another GM luxury car.

Styling, Power, AWD, Audio/Nav display.

Quality. If you want to compete in the luxury market then build a better product. Very sad that a few rattles and squeaks should cheapen this beautiful car.

Great car, nice ride.
By sp4rt4nz

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My first American car, after several Japenese sedans. The styling and build quality are excellent. I've had a few quirky problems, but no less reliable than the Toyotas, Infiniti, and Nissans that I've owned. The CTS has been much more reliable than the G35 which I traded. The CTS has been a low maint vehicle as I do oil changes and tire rotation only every 10K miles. I've been averaging 20 mpg in mixed driving, which is a bit disappointing, but it only requires non-premium fuel. This is no BMW, but I also paid $7K less than a comparably equipped 3- series and the CTS is much roomier for a 6ft. 200lb driver.

price, AWD is good in the snow, comfortable seats, sporty handling for a sedan, decent acceleration for a V6 but I wish I'd bought the DI-engine for added power, ease of dash controls.

had a speaker problem that took months to fix; could use a slightly quieter ride especially from rear window/door area, better gas mileage (or offer hybrid option), braking could be more responsive, servicing at Cadillac dealer is excessively expensive.

Great 2008 CTS!!
By Ed Stolarz

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned over 20 new cars so far and the 2008 CTS is Number 1 on my list of cars that I've owned! Its great distinctive styling and great looks, fabulous interior, great reliability and super handling makes it fun to drive and a real joy to own! Cadillac and GM have really done a great job on this car! The attention to detail and build quality is the best I've experienced! The interior in the CTS is truly a work of art! If you haven't considered or test driven the new CTS, you are not being fair to yourself and your missing one of the best car choices out there! The CTS is a super overall package especially with its great all wheel drive option! Give it a try and see for yourself!

Distinctive styling, great interior, double size sun roof, a super all wheel drive set up, smooth direct injection engine that runs on regular, super transmission, great handling and braking, a real joy to own and drive! All of this, at a very competitive price, makes the new CTS a fantastic value!

I really can't come up with any!

2008 CTS AWD 3.6DI
By Aaron

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at several cars (BMW 330xi, Mercedes Benz C230 & Audi A4) we decided to go with a CTS4 as I've been a Caddy fan for years. The 3.6L DI is exceptional, fun to drive and the overall build quality is something I'm not used to from GM. There are several flaws in the vehicle that I'm experiencing (minor) such as the express close moonroof doesn't actually close on it's own and the steering has a light clicking when turning. One major disappointment for me comes not from the car, but from GM. Our nearest Cadillac dealership is 2.5 hrs away; somewhat a nuisance when repairs are necessary, especially when we have about 4 GM dealers in the area.

Bold styling, Quality interior & Engine sound

GM incorporating Cadillac repairs/service into ALL their Chevrolet/Buick/GMC service centers.

Highly Unreliable
By Big Al

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In less than 24 months of ownership car has spent over 6 weeks in the shop being repaired or awaiting parts for a repair. 2008 CTS has had issues with timing chains. Cadillac had to redisgn the part because of high failure rates according to the Cadillac representatives I have spoken too. In addition, I have had persistent keyfob issues, accelerator sensor failures, nicked wiring harness, etc. Cadillac has been less than sympathetic about the LEMON they sold me. The car has been in the shop so often, it probably knows the route by heart.

Reliability - GM has building millions of cars should know how to design timing chains and build reliable cars.