Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Highly Unreliable
By Big Al

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In less than 24 months of ownership car has spent over 6 weeks in the shop being repaired or awaiting parts for a repair. 2008 CTS has had issues with timing chains. Cadillac had to redisgn the part because of high failure rates according to the Cadillac representatives I have spoken too. In addition, I have had persistent keyfob issues, accelerator sensor failures, nicked wiring harness, etc. Cadillac has been less than sympathetic about the LEMON they sold me. The car has been in the shop so often, it probably knows the route by heart.

Reliability - GM has building millions of cars should know how to design timing chains and build reliable cars.

Good but.....
By Waste

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a fully loaded 08, the back deck where the speakers are rattles terribly, along with bad back struts that rattle louder than the deck. people that ride with me think I have a bunch of empty paint cans in the trunk rolling around! Everything squeaks from the sunroof to the chairs. Plus the service hours are terrible at the dealer.

Headlights and interior

Glove compartments is useless, fix rattling noises on back speaker deck. For god sakes change the strut manufacturer already, every Cadillac has the same problem with the struts

Amazing car!
By Sibica

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been incredible since owning it; gets more looks and comments than any car I've ever owned. Sure, the mileage isn't great, but I didn't buy this to save a few $ on fuel. Interior is SO quiet, build quality is fantastic, and it's a pleasure to drive. In fact, my wife and I fight over who gets to drive it when we go out! We chose the black on black, which really sets the car off. Absolutely stunning to look at. With regards to comfort, I'm 6'5" and have no worries in the drivers seat. Would suggest winter tires for the snow as it is rear drive, but otherwise not a problem. Would buy another one in a heartbeat. LOVE IT!

Design (in and out), silent interior, quiet engine until you open it up!

Fold down rear seats as standard

Great buy, a few minor issues
By cpatterson

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my '08 CTS in August of 2008 as a demo car, so it already had about 5k miles on it. Have had no major problems or defects. The DI engine is awesome, especially when you use premium gas. There are a few rattles that come from the dash and the driver's seat does do some squeaking, especially when the leather is cold. My only complaint has been the brakes, which started squeaking about a month after I bought it. Dealer tells me it's because of the parts used and GM should have a replacement out by January '09 - but it's May and still no way to stop the squeaking. Brakes work fine though. Overall, very happy with my purchase - it's a beautiful car, fun to drive, and a really good price.

Powerful engine. Nice interior. Very smooth ride.

Rear visibility is poor (backup assist should be standard). Thicker and wider seats for the driver and passenger. Fix the brake problem.

Great Car
By Rich

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car just over a year ago. Love the 40 gig hard drive, and nav system with the traffic reports. The car is very comfortable to drive, and handling and acceleration are better than average. The CTS is a sharp looking car inside and out, and the build quality is better than my last two cars, a Mercedes and a Jag. One of the best cars I've owned.

The audio/nav system with real time traffic.

Better design on the trunk, which although appears to be large does not allow 2 suitcases to be placed side by side.