Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Fustrated
By Disappointed

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased this vehicle and was super excited when driving off the lot. Once I got home I noticed a ticking sound coming from the engine. Took the car back to the service center 2 days later. I'm told that the sound the fuel injector make is "normal". It's totally annoying and loud! Not that way I expected a Cadillac to sound.

Exterior design and comfort.

Make the car sound as good as it looks! This is embarrassing.

I am a CTS lover!
By CTSluvr

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my loaded, black on black CTS on my birthday last year and it is by far my favorite car and the best gift I've ever given myself. I have a couple of extras like a color keyed black grill, small deck spoiler and larger E&G chrome exhaust tips that all work to round out the package. The nav is great, the ultra-view roof is expansive, the leather is nice, the Bose audio rocks, the engine pulls like a V8, the transmission is smooth and responsive, the handling with the FE3 suspension is like a sports car and the styling is like nothing else on the road. I shopped other cars in it's class, but I felt the CTS suited me as the individual I am and not a follower. Try a loaded one, smile :)

Everything, really everything!

I would like the center plastic stack to be real aluminum like the new SRX has. That's really it.

My first and last Caddilac
By AFA3767

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am extremely disappointed with my 2008 Cadillac CTS AWD 3.6 DI. This car has been nothing but problems. At 10,000 miles the check engine light went on and they had to take my engine apart due to a cylinder head problem. The car was in the shop for 28days. At 30,000 miles Cadillac had to replace my engine. The car burns oil and you will not make the recommended 10k between oil changes. I now have 38k miles and i discovered rain water in my passenger seat floor. lastly, I just experienced a major transmission problem that resulted in flames coming out the side of the car. if you are thinking of buying this car, I would suggest you spend the 50k on a car built with better quality.

The radio works well,

Cadillac has an inferior product. They need to work on the quality of their product if they want to compete with the Japanese and German car makers

Been a great car
By Chris

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the car since early 2008 with 28k miles and it continues to work near flawlessly. The ride is smooth, but still feels connected to the road. The engine is powerful, though at times feels weak since it's coupled with AWD. Besides regular maintenance, the only issues have been a broken trunk net clip.

The car's look is very distinct, muscular, and attractive. I still find myself staring at it while sitting at my desk at work.

Needs to cut some weight or offer a lower output V8 option like the LS3.

good car, but not aging well
By Rolling Thunder

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am approaching the final months of my lease and my CTS with 36K miles is still fun to drive and looks great. I've noticed that in the past 3 months that the car is "loosening up". More squeaks and rattles. This also happened to my Chevy Equinox at the 2.5 year mark. I am looking for my next lease and I may avoid another GM because of this. My CTS still drives well and looks great inside and out. I avg 19-20 mph in mixed driving.

interior design and comfort. crisp handling. decent acceleration. AWD in the winter has been excellent.

braking is a bit soft. slightly better gas mileage would be great. after 2.5 years, starting to hear more squeaks and rattles. inconsistent glitches with the electronics (windows, sunrooof, stereo).