2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Best Car I ever owned
By debij on 09/23/08 07:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome Car, great interior, great gas mileage. couldn't be happier with Cadillac's new design

Great Luxury, Performance, and Value
By yatesd on 09/12/08 05:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I compared to the 2009 Audi A4, BMW 328xi, Mercedes C300 AWD, and Lexus IS250 AWD. Actually drove them all at a test track. The CTS offers the space of a BMW 5 series at a better value.

Jury still out - getting concerned
By Steve on 09/11/08 14:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle in February right off the showroom floor. Great fun to drive, sharp looks. I wanted the wood trim interior and the large sunroof. The car is very smooth on the road and handles well since it is rear wheel drive. Interior space is a bit tight. Storage cubbyholes and trunk space are spare. Quality issues have come up. Two weeks after the purchase the steering went out (fluid leak around the rack) - that was in the shop for two more weeks getting fixed (free loaner, thankfully). Just today the radio went out. I have the high end radio (no nav) with the 40 GB HD. The radio now only picks up AM intermittently. I am a little worried and even considering trading.

So far so good
By daveb on 09/08/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had the CTS for over a month and so far it's been awesome. Lots of fun to drive. Averaging about 21 MPG. No issues so far. I was considering a Lincoln MKS but this car is so much more exciting I'm glad I chose it!

So Far, So Good
By Mark on 09/08/08 08:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Former Lexus owner. Shopped against BMW 5 series, Audi A4 and Lexus 330. BMW dealer compares CTS DI with its 220 hp 3 series -- not even close unless you like stripped down, slow German cars. Lexus 330 was close, but is a lot more conservative looking and $3,000 more. With all the bells and whistles, none could come close to the Cadillac. I thought I was too young for a Cadillac sedan, but this car has exceeded my expectations and draws compliments from friends and clients.

Awesome!
By Matt K on 09/07/08 02:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just hit the 200 mile mark on my CTS. I have only had the car for 1 week. This is truly the best car I have ever owned. The car handles OUTSTANDINGLY, rides GREAT, and looks FANTASTIC! My car has the performance package, luxury 1 and 2 and polished wheels. You really don't need to spend the extra money for the Nav. The interior lighting looks unbelievable. And the best part is that the car was so much less then the BMW 3 series, Audi A4 and the Mercedes C class. GM really did a tremendous job on this car. I would highly recommend this Cadillac to anyone in the market for a luxury midsized car.

Wow! What A CAR!
By Matt K on 09/04/08 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I look at every make from BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Cadillac. It was a no brainer to get the Cadillac. The car was either the same or outperformed all the other cars. The layout of the cockpit is fantastic. The car rides great and people notice the beauty of the car as well. My car has everything expect for Navigation and the Moonroof. With Onstar I felt I didn't need the Nav. That saves you a lot of $$. I would recommend this car to anyone in the market for a luxury high performance car. Definitely get the DI version. Matt.

5 Series Goodbye! Hello CTS!
By Bob Georgia on 08/18/08 13:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

BMW is gonna learn a hard lesson in ECON 101. Every stinking day we got into our 2006 5 series another warning light was on the dash. BMW Service Good Riddance! We absolutely adore this new CTS. So far no service issues after approx 2600 miles including round trip to Colorado from Atlanta.

Refined American
By JD on 08/08/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I waited for 8 months for this car to come out - I was looking for a 4 door sports sedan and after reading all the product info. I was hoping it would live up to the hype after the long wait it exceeded it & I was not disappointed. This car is awesome. I also own a 2007 Corvette and truly believe the CTS handles if not better, then at least as well as the vette (but obviously not as fast!). The CTS is really quick though, refined, handles great, and with great mileage. I avg 22 in town and have gotten as much as 32 on the highway while driving 70 & 80 mph.

A True American Contender
By Al and Rene on 08/07/08 19:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After considering the Mercedes C350, Lexus IS350, Infinity G37S, and the BMW 5 Series, my wife and I decided on the 2008 CTS. The ride, the looks, the interior ergonomics and options were great. The quality of fit and trim, along with the value of the available features, trumped the competition. We decided that we wanted a vehicle that did not look like anything else on the road and this 2008 CTS does just that with the looks it commands from passersby. It truly is a car that “turns us on when we turn it on”!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.