2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Almost there, but not quite yet.
By omegafiler on 04/24/09 13:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a fully loaded 2008 CTS w/ DI brand new and ended up trading it in about 5k miles later. So you can see where this is going. Overall the car was great, fun the drive, and looked very nice. But after 6 dealer visits and a few annoying issues unresolved, it had to go. The big issue with this CTS and ALL of the CTS's I tested was poor build quality and materials. Every piece of plastic squeaks in the car from the center stack, to center console, to the cheap "chrome" bezel on the IP. Like rattles? Plenty of those around the sunroof, doors, etc. This is not what I or anybody expects from GM's 'best' car they are offering for sale right now. If GM can fix that, they might survive.

Piece of Junk
By ej on 04/21/09 17:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car when it's not in the warranty service shop. Have 24,000 miles on it, and it has had two major repairs. First, at 12k miles, the cheap plastic clips that hold up the wiring harness broke in cold weather and the fan destroyed the harness. Then after the check engine light came on at 24k, and the inferior timing chain had to be replaced. Now, I;m told the service codes indicate the cam/crank misalignment. Pretty sad for GM's "flagship" car line. Then there's been constant leaks in the door seals (repaired three times), which whistle above 40 MPH. The premium Bose sound is a disappointment This is my 1st & last Cadillac.

Lemon GM stopped making parts
By Unhappy owner on 03/27/09 07:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Delivery 3/29/08 Dead Battery Toe in adjusted Steering Column replaced Wipers started, heating fluid light came on and sprayed for two minutes two times in two months and then never happened again. One of the two horns stopped working 2 weeks later they worked Air conditioned seats stopped working 2) Days later Air conditioned seats started working Dead Battery jumped roadside Dead Battery jumped roadside Bolt Rolling around head liner Dead Battery caddy said battery OK Dead Battery roadside replaced ad cleaned corrosion Bolt Rolling around head liner Touch Pad broke off trunk Back windows donít work (said it was fine) nothing repaired came out with the same problems

Sexy and Fun to Drive!
By Eric on 03/10/09 14:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my 2008 CTS. I chose a 6 speed manual with the direct injection (304 hp) and for the power it gets amazing fuel economy. I have not had one single problem with this car since I drove it off the dealer lot. The cabin is comfortable, quiet and has lots of goodies to play with. Th exterior literally makes heads turn. The materials are high quality and the design is flawless.

First Impression
By Wineldr on 03/02/09 11:00 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased this car from a private party, a good friend so I know it has been treated well. What a surprise. The car is fantstically put together. Weleld esigned and executed. An absolute pleasure to drive. Looking forward to a very lengthy relationship.

Squealing Brakes
By Gaylan B. on 03/01/09 08:50 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Everything is fine with this car except the brakes have been squealing from day one. Initially, I was told that the problem was due to weather conditions, but eventually a dealership in Texas informed me that the quality of the metal used to make the brakes was inferior, and there was nothing to be done to resolve the problem, except to replace the brakes in hopes of getting some that do not squeak. I have been waiting for the new brakes for over three weeks. It is disheartening to be driving such a car and the brakes sound so terrible.

Applause Well Deserved
By Bill on 02/15/09 18:30 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned Audi, Jag, Acura, and Infiniti. The 2008 CTS has them all beat in terms of overall performance and comfort. Averaging 2,000 miles per month of combined city/hwy driving with overall fuel economy of 22 mpg on reg gas. AWD has handled the lake effect snow in Buffalo with no problem and highway driving is more fun and just as comfortable as a Q45.

Dissappointed, and surprised
By Jamie K on 02/15/09 08:44 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Disappointed, and surprised. Others don't agree. My father picked up the newly redesigned CTS last year as his third Cadillac. As I am a huge BMW fan, the 2008 CTS falls way behind. First, big improvement over the embarrassing interior design of the first CTS, but the looks deceived me. When I drove the car, I was disappointed in many things. The driver's seat is too tight and not appropriate for a luxury car. The dashboard looks beautiful, but its functionality is poor, and again too tight a fit. Acceleration is typical GM, jumpy with an intense torque if you don't have a gentle-minded foot. The dealer-installed rear bumper proximity beeper is downright annoying.

After one Year of Driving
By Michael on 02/12/09 22:23 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car! I have owed many fast cars but this one is fast, corners like crazy and is a great luxury vehicle at the same time! I am getting 20 mpg around town and 26-28 on the highway! Mine has the F2 suspension with the direct Injection. If this car holds together like I think it will I will buy another (assuming GM is still in business).

Love this car
By Mark Nethers on 01/05/09 10:02 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Easily the best car that I have ever owned. Have driven 3,000 miles the first two weeks that I have owned it. Fantastic ride, gas mileage, styling. Never thought that I would actually love a car. I was wrong. Would recommend it to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.