2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
good car, but not aging well
By Rolling Thunder on 05/09/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am approaching the final months of my lease and my CTS with 36K miles is still fun to drive and looks great. I've noticed that in the past 3 months that the car is "loosening up". More squeaks and rattles. This also happened to my Chevy Equinox at the 2.5 year mark. I am looking for my next lease and I may avoid another GM because of this. My CTS still drives well and looks great inside and out. I avg 19-20 mph in mixed driving.

Not Alone
By Pboss on 11/24/09 17:43 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my CTS for almost two years. Overall, I am mostly happy with my purchase. Pros: AWD handles great in Alaska Winter weather. Styling is beautiful and have power to spare. Cons: Squeaky brakes since day one! Most irritating: rattle from steering column. Both were deemed "normal" by dealer service department. At $15,00 maybe these things are normal. At almost $50K they should not be. As much as I love this car, with the constant "normal" rattles, I will not be buying another GM luxury car.

Great car, nice ride.
By sp4rt4nz on 10/22/09 06:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My first American car, after several Japenese sedans. The styling and build quality are excellent. I've had a few quirky problems, but no less reliable than the Toyotas, Infiniti, and Nissans that I've owned. The CTS has been much more reliable than the G35 which I traded. The CTS has been a low maint vehicle as I do oil changes and tire rotation only every 10K miles. I've been averaging 20 mpg in mixed driving, which is a bit disappointing, but it only requires non-premium fuel. This is no BMW, but I also paid $7K less than a comparably equipped 3- series and the CTS is much roomier for a 6ft. 200lb driver.

Great 2008 CTS!!
By Ed Stolarz on 10/09/09 08:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned over 20 new cars so far and the 2008 CTS is Number 1 on my list of cars that I've owned! Its great distinctive styling and great looks, fabulous interior, great reliability and super handling makes it fun to drive and a real joy to own! Cadillac and GM have really done a great job on this car! The attention to detail and build quality is the best I've experienced! The interior in the CTS is truly a work of art! If you haven't considered or test driven the new CTS, you are not being fair to yourself and your missing one of the best car choices out there! The CTS is a super overall package especially with its great all wheel drive option! Give it a try and see for yourself!

2008 CTS AWD 3.6DI
By Aaron on 10/09/09 06:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at several cars (BMW 330xi, Mercedes Benz C230 & Audi A4) we decided to go with a CTS4 as I've been a Caddy fan for years. The 3.6L DI is exceptional, fun to drive and the overall build quality is something I'm not used to from GM. There are several flaws in the vehicle that I'm experiencing (minor) such as the express close moonroof doesn't actually close on it's own and the steering has a light clicking when turning. One major disappointment for me comes not from the car, but from GM. Our nearest Cadillac dealership is 2.5 hrs away; somewhat a nuisance when repairs are necessary, especially when we have about 4 GM dealers in the area.

Highly Unreliable
By Big Al on 09/27/09 07:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In less than 24 months of ownership car has spent over 6 weeks in the shop being repaired or awaiting parts for a repair. 2008 CTS has had issues with timing chains. Cadillac had to redisgn the part because of high failure rates according to the Cadillac representatives I have spoken too. In addition, I have had persistent keyfob issues, accelerator sensor failures, nicked wiring harness, etc. Cadillac has been less than sympathetic about the LEMON they sold me. The car has been in the shop so often, it probably knows the route by heart.

Good but.....
By Waste on 09/18/09 22:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a fully loaded 08, the back deck where the speakers are rattles terribly, along with bad back struts that rattle louder than the deck. people that ride with me think I have a bunch of empty paint cans in the trunk rolling around! Everything squeaks from the sunroof to the chairs. Plus the service hours are terrible at the dealer.

Amazing car!
By Sibica on 07/25/09 01:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been incredible since owning it; gets more looks and comments than any car I've ever owned. Sure, the mileage isn't great, but I didn't buy this to save a few $ on fuel. Interior is SO quiet, build quality is fantastic, and it's a pleasure to drive. In fact, my wife and I fight over who gets to drive it when we go out! We chose the black on black, which really sets the car off. Absolutely stunning to look at. With regards to comfort, I'm 6'5" and have no worries in the drivers seat. Would suggest winter tires for the snow as it is rear drive, but otherwise not a problem. Would buy another one in a heartbeat. LOVE IT!

Great buy, a few minor issues
By cpatterson on 05/08/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my '08 CTS in August of 2008 as a demo car, so it already had about 5k miles on it. Have had no major problems or defects. The DI engine is awesome, especially when you use premium gas. There are a few rattles that come from the dash and the driver's seat does do some squeaking, especially when the leather is cold. My only complaint has been the brakes, which started squeaking about a month after I bought it. Dealer tells me it's because of the parts used and GM should have a replacement out by January '09 - but it's May and still no way to stop the squeaking. Brakes work fine though. Overall, very happy with my purchase - it's a beautiful car, fun to drive, and a really good price.

Great Car
By Rich on 05/06/09 11:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car just over a year ago. Love the 40 gig hard drive, and nav system with the traffic reports. The car is very comfortable to drive, and handling and acceleration are better than average. The CTS is a sharp looking car inside and out, and the build quality is better than my last two cars, a Mercedes and a Jag. One of the best cars I've owned.