Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

I will re-think my next Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac
By chemerson

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2008 beauty, black on black, wood grain, low mileage (14,208), Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac CTS this spring. Two weeks of driving and it stops moving in the middle of traffic. Some strangers kindly pushed me to the side of the road. Called road-side assistance (joke) re-activated my AAA on the spot. Towed car to the dealer, they said, "we replaced a modular". No other explanation given even when I asked. On the way home I put on the brakes and that was the start of the squeaking sound. Six months later and to no avail the brakes are still squeaking. Also, I keep getting a lot of water inside, dealer response: Moon-roof drains are clogged. Not covered under extended warranty.

piece of junk
By knotarnicola

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but problems with my cadillac cts. It started making noised at around 15,000 miles. I ended up needing to have the entire driveshaft replaced. The brakes have always made noises that they shouldn't and I just had one of the fuel injectors replaced. It got stuck open according to the tecnician and the car started smoking and smelled like fuel. The car is totally not worth the money I paid for it.

CTS Owner for 2 Years
By linedrive21

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Owned my 2008 CTS 3.6 liter luxury edition for two years. No issues except a headlamp replacement. Combined mileage about 22.7 mpg. 26.8 hwy (non DI engine). Runs great, fun to drive. Excellent paint quality. I also own a 2004 SRX which has been okay, but had to replace xfer case at 51,000 miles. This CTS now is at 38,000 miles with no issues. Great quality GM. I now own four GM vehicles.

Bose 10 speaker stereo, sounds great. Ride quality perfect.

Would like a little more lateral leg room. Car is quiet, but could be a bit quieter.

Great Car!
By Michael

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 2 and half years of great driving we still love this car. We love car trips and the CTS consistently gets 26-28 mpg (it will get 30+ if you drive a constant 55-60) but I don't! It's comfortable but when you get to some corners it is great. No problems either.

Handling, looks.

More interior storage would be good.

First Cadillac I've ever owned
By Mike

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for over 2 years and it has been great! The only issue with it was a recall for the washer fluid heater but other than that it's been perfect. This is by far the best car I've ever owned and I've had 27 cars! Solid, quiet, fast and fun. If you live in a snowy climate the AWD is a real plus, mine had handled 2 Minnesota snowy winters without a problem. Cadillac did a great job with this and I would not hesitate to recommend it based on my experience.

Speed, AWD, solid feel and quiet. I love the cooled seats in the summer!

Improve the keyless locking system, it's a pain.