2008 CTS Junk Buyer Beware
By techtwou on
2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
This car is Junk, I purchased one with 38K miles on it, drove nice for about 3 weeks, and then it started pinging/knocking, the vehicle has been at the dealer now for 6 weeks they can't figure out whats causing the problem, called GM Customer Service they had a Field Engineer go to the dealer and he stated it was fixed, Not so it's still Pinging, Now with additional problems, that they caused (Main Motors Anoka, MN) Now GM customer service is giving me the side step along with the Dealer, people save your money Please don't buy this car in any Year. I am not a disgruntle buyer I have owned 4 Cadillacs before but I will never buy another one ever.
Favorite Features
None now!
Suggested Improvements
Go back to the drawing board GM and build a quality car that is worthy of the Cadillac Seal.
By techtwou
on 06/26/12 09:37 AM (PDT)

Update, the vehicle went to another dealer with Knocking/Pinging problem, I pretty much got the whitewash on this from GM because this vehicle is still under warranty GM does not want to replace the engine, they threw every part at it and threw their hands up and said it falls under a service bulletin of ticking on 3.6 DI, injector ticking, COME ON I know and the mechanics know who worked on it that it's not a ticking but ping my vehicle sounds like a Diesel going done the road now, so when my warranty runs out and I go back in to the dealer GM/Cadillac will recommend a engine rebuild? On my dime now, you see that is much more convenient for me to pay for an engine than them, NO ENGINE SHOULD PING/KNOCK LIKE THIS WITH THAT LITTLE MILES EVEN IF ITS ROAD HARD AND PUT AWAY WET.