Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Good Buy, Good Car
By alex153

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the experience of driving literally hundreds of cars, and I decided to buy this one as my daily driver (awd, every option ticked). I have had minimal reliability problems and the dealer was always excellent at getting it resolved on Cadillacs bill My advice to anyone reading these reviews is that if someone is complaining about the reliability of their CTS they bought used with over 30,000+ miles (That's a lot to me to be calling "new"!), you take that risk when buying anything used as the previous owner could have rode it hard and put it away wet with no maintenance. I've seen every brand have its problems (last BMW was a nightmare).. The pro's have given it good reviews..

AWD, cooled seats

All I can say is I would like better fuel economy.. but at the end of the day if you buy a luxury vehicle and whine over a few dollars, maybe you shouldn't be buying in this segment. Hence most toyota camrey buyers and mid grade import buyers will be disappointed as this is a luxury performance car! PS. I apologize on behalf of all cts buyers that the V embarrassed your BMW's,Jaguars, Mercedes and Audis.. lick your wounds and give us the win on this one...;)

2008 CTS Junk Buyer Beware
By techtwou

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is Junk, I purchased one with 38K miles on it, drove nice for about 3 weeks, and then it started pinging/knocking, the vehicle has been at the dealer now for 6 weeks they can't figure out whats causing the problem, called GM Customer Service they had a Field Engineer go to the dealer and he stated it was fixed, Not so it's still Pinging, Now with additional problems, that they caused (Main Motors Anoka, MN) Now GM customer service is giving me the side step along with the Dealer, people save your money Please don't buy this car in any Year. I am not a disgruntle buyer I have owned 4 Cadillacs before but I will never buy another one ever.

None now!

Go back to the drawing board GM and build a quality car that is worthy of the Cadillac Seal.

BIG Mistake! Dont buy a 2008!
By katt4

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We were so excited to trade in our 2004 CTS for a 2008 CTS ! We had never had any issues with our first CTS so we were sure we would be getting another quality CTS. Our new CTS had 31,000 miles on it when we purchased it six months ago. It has been in the shop 4 times for major repairs-oil consumption, catalytic converter replacement, piston rings, cam shaft shims, steering and just this morning, the passenger airbag light is not working! I would expect these types of repairs on a 1980 Ford not a brand new Cadillac. I am half tempted to drop this car back off at the dealership, spend $ 500.00 and buy a junker that would certainly be more reliable than the new car I have now!

Obviously, the styling-the new CTS's are gorgeous, sexy and stylish. For this model however, beauty is only skin deep. I love that my CTS is a manual transmission, its fun to drive but it seems the car spends more time in the shop than actually being driven!

Gosh, where would I start, we have read online that the 2008's are very troublesome and have major issues with oil consumption so I would have to say, just go ahead and get a 2009-skip 2008 models altogether.

Be careful!
By blaid

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned the 2008 Cadillac Cts V6 DI for about two years now. I was very intrigued by the new design and thought it looked very nice. I never bothered to look at the reviews or negatives about the car, so I screwed my self there. I bought the car used with only 24k miles on it and it's been at the dealers for minor problems six times within the two years! Now if the car didn't have a warranty these minor problems would have been a major price considering it is a Cadillac. Key less entry malfunctioned numerous times, wheel tilt control and two windows as well. Engine would make noises and the tech's would not display any information to why. Don't buy it without a warranty, you will lose!

I do enjoy the overall design exterior/interior. The heated and cooled seats are also enjoyable. I like the digital speedometer/odometer and the panoramic sunroof.

Overall build quality. Engine, cockpit, seating, interior sealing or doors and windows.

2nd CTS and probably not the last
By cadillacmike

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 2nd CTS. the first was a Black 2005 with EVERY option except block heater (we're in FL folks) and pearl paint. This one is the same, in light platinum (looks like the silver on my 2009 STS). It also has AWD. The 2005 went strongly to 117,000 miles when we traded it; this one is up to 30,000. No major issues, but the ultraview sunroof is too noisey, something's loose because i can push up on the divider and the noise goes away. Handling is superb, inside room is good (I also have a Fleetwood and like my room), performance is outstanding. Noise level will be great once the roof is fixed. Eye appeal is without par, wife gets compliments on the chrome wheels all the time.

While the 2005 CTS took a few hits from the pundits, it was a very well executed car. I also have a 2009 NorthStar STS, so the 'bar' is set very high. The 2008 looks far nicer than the 2005, the head & tail lights look more 'refined' & the grill is sharper. The interior is much nicer as well. We miss the nice 17" 7 spoke polished wheels from the 2005, but we were able to get a set of the factory 18s chromed and they do look very good. The HDD based Nav is the best thing, you can copy CDs & USB MP3s to it. The sound system is very powerful. The big sunroof can let a lot of light (and heat here in FL ) in. Interior finish is very well done as is the cabin lighting. Well done Cadillac!!!

Should not have to go to 18" wheels for V & W rated tires. I can just imagine what a set of 18" 50 series tires will cost. 17s would have been fine. Yeah i know they have to 'bling' it up, but.. Remote entry / exit settings are psychotic. it moves the seat forward AND tilts the wheel down BEFORE you even get in. The 2005 had this perfect; it moved the seat to the EXIT position when you unlocked it and it had a manual tilt (much better). Then when you put the key in to start, it moved the seat to the memory position. The 2008 is all wrong. The HDD while it is supposed to copy single tracks off a CD or MP3, won't do it, it only copies the entire disc. DIC does not show gallons used, why??