2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
I will re-think my next Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac
By chemerson on 12/06/11 09:06 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2008 beauty, black on black, wood grain, low mileage (14,208), Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac CTS this spring. Two weeks of driving and it stops moving in the middle of traffic. Some strangers kindly pushed me to the side of the road. Called road-side assistance (joke) re-activated my AAA on the spot. Towed car to the dealer, they said, "we replaced a modular". No other explanation given even when I asked. On the way home I put on the brakes and that was the start of the squeaking sound. Six months later and to no avail the brakes are still squeaking. Also, I keep getting a lot of water inside, dealer response: Moon-roof drains are clogged. Not covered under extended warranty.

piece of junk
By knotarnicola on 08/04/11 12:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but problems with my cadillac cts. It started making noised at around 15,000 miles. I ended up needing to have the entire driveshaft replaced. The brakes have always made noises that they shouldn't and I just had one of the fuel injectors replaced. It got stuck open according to the tecnician and the car started smoking and smelled like fuel. The car is totally not worth the money I paid for it.

CTS Owner for 2 Years
By linedrive21 on 08/03/11 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Owned my 2008 CTS 3.6 liter luxury edition for two years. No issues except a headlamp replacement. Combined mileage about 22.7 mpg. 26.8 hwy (non DI engine). Runs great, fun to drive. Excellent paint quality. I also own a 2004 SRX which has been okay, but had to replace xfer case at 51,000 miles. This CTS now is at 38,000 miles with no issues. Great quality GM. I now own four GM vehicles.

Great Car!
By Michael on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 2 and half years of great driving we still love this car. We love car trips and the CTS consistently gets 26-28 mpg (it will get 30+ if you drive a constant 55-60) but I don't! It's comfortable but when you get to some corners it is great. No problems either.

First Cadillac I've ever owned
By Mike on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for over 2 years and it has been great! The only issue with it was a recall for the washer fluid heater but other than that it's been perfect. This is by far the best car I've ever owned and I've had 27 cars! Solid, quiet, fast and fun. If you live in a snowy climate the AWD is a real plus, mine had handled 2 Minnesota snowy winters without a problem. Cadillac did a great job with this and I would not hesitate to recommend it based on my experience.

What a disappointment
By herb on 08/11/10 18:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I decided to take a chance on an American brand car after years of buying toyotas, hondas, nissans and mazdas. I loved the styling of the cts, and even knowing the poor reliability record of cadillacs and gm in general, I decided to take a chance on them. What a huge mistake! Within one month of owning the car, I had the first of numerous problems with this car. I had to have the sound system entirely replaced, and again less than one year later! From day one I experienced squealing from the brakes as I have heard many other owners have had. This is unacceptable in a so called premium automobile brand or any car period! The final straw was a non functioning fuel gauge. Maybe gm should hang it up!

Fustrated
By Disappointed on 08/10/10 21:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased this vehicle and was super excited when driving off the lot. Once I got home I noticed a ticking sound coming from the engine. Took the car back to the service center 2 days later. I'm told that the sound the fuel injector make is "normal". It's totally annoying and loud! Not that way I expected a Cadillac to sound.

I am a CTS lover!
By CTSluvr on 08/04/10 21:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my loaded, black on black CTS on my birthday last year and it is by far my favorite car and the best gift I've ever given myself. I have a couple of extras like a color keyed black grill, small deck spoiler and larger E&G chrome exhaust tips that all work to round out the package. The nav is great, the ultra-view roof is expansive, the leather is nice, the Bose audio rocks, the engine pulls like a V8, the transmission is smooth and responsive, the handling with the FE3 suspension is like a sports car and the styling is like nothing else on the road. I shopped other cars in it's class, but I felt the CTS suited me as the individual I am and not a follower. Try a loaded one, smile :)

My first and last Caddilac
By AFA3767 on 05/12/10 16:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am extremely disappointed with my 2008 Cadillac CTS AWD 3.6 DI. This car has been nothing but problems. At 10,000 miles the check engine light went on and they had to take my engine apart due to a cylinder head problem. The car was in the shop for 28days. At 30,000 miles Cadillac had to replace my engine. The car burns oil and you will not make the recommended 10k between oil changes. I now have 38k miles and i discovered rain water in my passenger seat floor. lastly, I just experienced a major transmission problem that resulted in flames coming out the side of the car. if you are thinking of buying this car, I would suggest you spend the 50k on a car built with better quality.

Been a great car
By Chris on 05/11/10 10:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the car since early 2008 with 28k miles and it continues to work near flawlessly. The ride is smooth, but still feels connected to the road. The engine is powerful, though at times feels weak since it's coupled with AWD. Besides regular maintenance, the only issues have been a broken trunk net clip.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.