2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
This CTS has all the right ingredients
By B.Smith on 10/03/07 07:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was considering the 3-series, 5- series, and Acura TL in addition to this vehicle. I'd have been happy with any of them I think, but the CTS had that extra bit. The technology was abundant and easy to use. The performance was amazing on twisty lake side roads. I've driven it about a 1000 miles so far on business trips and my customers gush over it and I sit in comfort the whole while. Get the air conditioned seats! I also appreciated the DFI engine over the standard and am getting about 28 mpg on the freeway. 20 mpg in town.

I love this car!
By Karen on 10/02/07 09:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've only had the car for 2 weeks, but it's been my dream car for years and I waited for the 2008s as I heard they were much improved. I love this car more than I ever imagined I would. It's quiet, comfortable, easy to drive and everyone stops to look at it. The sunset blue color is really something to look at.

Good after initial glitch w/ fuel gauge
By CTS-dad on 10/01/07 22:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has not disappointed us. We have had it for one month now. The car is very quiet; we cannot understand how anyone could have any complaints about noise. One disappointment: our car needed service during the first week we had it (fuel gauge was inaccurate and we ran out of gas on first trip...showed 1/4 tank when it was actually empty. Static electricity must have fried a chip or something. This problem was fixed by dealer service in a few days).

GM Gets it right
By Steve on 09/29/07 17:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Went to buy an STS but settled on the CTS instead. Love the sunroof with sunshade. The performance, economy, and handling are unbelievable in this car. Transmission very smooth. Got 26 miles to the gallon on first tank. Form and fit and interior design are way ahead of the competition. Thanks GM. Traded a 2005 SRX.

08 CTS
By CAC99 on 09/29/07 07:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car! Most outstanding interior of any American car. Exterior looks a little too flashy and front bumper is a little low, but still a classy looking car. Terrific build quality (way to go GM) and great driving characteristics. Nice to see Cadillac come to market with new technology like great nav system, "TiVO-like audio" and voice command. Disappointing to not see Bluetooth even offered - I bought on the promise that it will be retrofitted.

This CTS is amazing.
By Sirgeek on 09/27/07 06:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I can't get over the features this car packs. The hard drive is fantastic. The power and fuel economy together are both unbelievable. I liked it for the exterior, but I love it for the interior. And it actually has good rear seat room. This is clearly Caddy's 5-series, but it feels more like a 3-series driving down the road (the curvier the better!)

New AWD CTS is a winner
By Concord Caddy on 09/24/07 19:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2004 CTS lease was up and I was contemplating a SRX for the reliability in the snow. I decided to drive the 2008 CTS-4 and was amazed at the improvements. Both interior and exterior this is a superior car to the 2004-07 versions. Even though I got the standard engine, it still has more muscle than what my 2004 had. I was really thinking SUV, but once I drove the CTS it was a no-brainer. I like everything about it, the cabin looks like a fighter jet cockpit, the controls are easy to navigate, and find. The body is rounder and has a more muscle car look to it versus the boxy earlier versions. Be careful! If you drive it, you may not be able to resist getting it.

08 CTS Absolutely Tremendous!
By Michael Lyon on 09/22/07 13:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car just rode from Miami Beach to St. Augustine Florida, directly after pickup from the dealer. The straight line handling compares to train rails, almost unbelievable engineering from Cadillac/GM. We hated getting out of the car after 5 hours! Total joy, as you will swear your driving a V-8. This is the sweetest V-6 we have have ever driven for extended trips.

Bmw 3? Audi a4? MB C280?? No thanks!
By Dave on 09/21/07 09:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Unbelievable! Who needs the bmw 3, A4, or MB c class. This car looks amazing, it drives likes its got attitude. I have the 304 hp model with rear wheel dr. Fully loaded with the luxury package and navigation. The only thing this car is missing is blue tooth. there is zero road noise, you can only hear the engine at higher revs.

Rattle from Center Console Area
By Joe N on 09/16/07 11:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Likes: (1)Price (2)American brand (3)Style improvement over outgoing model Dislikes: (1)Started making rattles from center console (perhaps from fan) within first 1000 mile (2)Noisy engine at idle (3)Screaming engine at full acceleration (4)Terrible sound system for base model (5)Very few options for base model (6)Handsfree bluetooth should be a standard feature

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.