Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Wow! What A CAR!
By Matt K

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I look at every make from BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Cadillac. It was a no brainer to get the Cadillac. The car was either the same or outperformed all the other cars. The layout of the cockpit is fantastic. The car rides great and people notice the beauty of the car as well. My car has everything expect for Navigation and the Moonroof. With Onstar I felt I didn't need the Nav. That saves you a lot of $$. I would recommend this car to anyone in the market for a luxury high performance car. Definitely get the DI version. Matt.

Bluetooth, performance and handling, air cooled seating and sound system.

No improvements needed. The rear sensor works great. No rear cam is needed.

5 Series Goodbye! Hello CTS!
By Bob Georgia

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

BMW is gonna learn a hard lesson in ECON 101. Every stinking day we got into our 2006 5 series another warning light was on the dash. BMW Service Good Riddance! We absolutely adore this new CTS. So far no service issues after approx 2600 miles including round trip to Colorado from Atlanta.

After spending Two day driving over 6 hours per day, this vehicle has to be One of the most comfortable, enjoyable ride we have ever purchased. For the money you can be sure BMW is gonna get severely hurt!

Higher than average rear window ledge which slightly hurts visibility, however that would be deeply trying to find something wrong with CTS. Love, Love, Love this vehicle.

Refined American
By JD

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I waited for 8 months for this car to come out - I was looking for a 4 door sports sedan and after reading all the product info. I was hoping it would live up to the hype after the long wait it exceeded it & I was not disappointed. This car is awesome. I also own a 2007 Corvette and truly believe the CTS handles if not better, then at least as well as the vette (but obviously not as fast!). The CTS is really quick though, refined, handles great, and with great mileage. I avg 22 in town and have gotten as much as 32 on the highway while driving 70 & 80 mph.

Exterior styling, refined interior, the double sunroof, and the technology such as the pop up nav and hard disk drive for the radio, etc.

Only ONE. I wish the car had a push button start instead of the knob on the column. Thats being pretty picky, but other than that, I wouldn't change ANYTHING.

A True American Contender
By Al and Rene

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After considering the Mercedes C350, Lexus IS350, Infinity G37S, and the BMW 5 Series, my wife and I decided on the 2008 CTS. The ride, the looks, the interior ergonomics and options were great. The quality of fit and trim, along with the value of the available features, trumped the competition. We decided that we wanted a vehicle that did not look like anything else on the road and this 2008 CTS does just that with the looks it commands from passersby. It truly is a car that “turns us on when we turn it on”!

When the two of us are riding in the CTS, the Ultraview Roof – the individual contoured heated and vented seats – encapsulating cockpit design – and the ambient lighting at night, gives us the feeling of riding along in our own personal individualized luxury compartments. GM got this one right!

Rear view Camera,a little more low-end torque,in-mirror turn indicators, middle headrest in rear seat - but regardless of when we arrive at our destination; “we feel as if we have arrived ” in a true American Contender!

A year later
By ctshadaflood

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just about one year later, The $48,900 loaded CTS had two leaks in the sunroof making water run into the car though the A frame. The Fuel Pump went the 1st week with 400 mile on the car. Since then all is ok except the hard ride has created more rattles than a NYC Gypsy cab. I'm Very disappointed. Craftsmanship is still crap. No wonder GM is hurting

make fewer better quality cars