Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Amazing - a GM product that's a "10"
By thaines

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If the new CTS is representative, GM is in the process of pulling off an astonishing revival. The BMWCCA magazine Roundel recently did a comparo between the CTS and the 5 series and concluded that not only was the CTS an excellent auto inside and out, but was virtually the equal of the BMW for over $10K less. After driving the Cadillac and seeing it up close, I agreed with the assessment.

Favorite Features

Not only is the Cadillac CTS wonderful to drive, its fit and finish is equal to the best of the imports, and exceeds them in style and extras. Functionality is thoughtful and impressive - with the AWD system, and with the fold down rear seat you get most of the cargo space you get from a SUV.

Suggested Improvements

None. I never thought I would own a GM car, but this one absolutely knocked my socks off on style, utility, and most importantly, value. Bravo Cadillac! I can finally own a wonderful American car again.

Almost there, but not quite yet.
By omegafiler

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a fully loaded 2008 CTS w/ DI brand new and ended up trading it in about 5k miles later. So you can see where this is going. Overall the car was great, fun the drive, and looked very nice. But after 6 dealer visits and a few annoying issues unresolved, it had to go. The big issue with this CTS and ALL of the CTS's I tested was poor build quality and materials. Every piece of plastic squeaks in the car from the center stack, to center console, to the cheap "chrome" bezel on the IP. Like rattles? Plenty of those around the sunroof, doors, etc. This is not what I or anybody expects from GM's 'best' car they are offering for sale right now. If GM can fix that, they might survive.

Favorite Features

Interior design, navigation system, stereo, handling, HID's, heated/cooled seats, keyless entry, and various other "high-tech" features.

Suggested Improvements

Improve build quality and materials! And trust me, I didn't just get a "lemon." They're all the same. Beyond that, everything else is relatively minor. Such as Nav volume issues, limited Bluetooth features, lack of low-end torque, no "push- button" start, more supportive seats, etc.

Love it
By soccerj3

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for a fun and roomy drive. Still needed a large backseat for the kiddies. I had test driven Audi A4, BMW 3 Series and many small SUVs. Couldn't stomach the monthly payments on them as they just were not appealing to me. Once I got behind the wheel of the CTS (black with creamy leather) I was sold. So much fun to drive and the kids are comfortable in the back. I love this car! I will update on reliability as the months progress.

Favorite Features

Gorgeous exterior. Very unique. Sporty yet smooth driving, beautifully finished interior (better than BMW), and so much fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

So far none but I will update as time goes on, maybe better fuel mileage?

First Cadillac I've ever owned
By Mike

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for over 2 years and it has been great! The only issue with it was a recall for the washer fluid heater but other than that it's been perfect. This is by far the best car I've ever owned and I've had 27 cars! Solid, quiet, fast and fun. If you live in a snowy climate the AWD is a real plus, mine had handled 2 Minnesota snowy winters without a problem. Cadillac did a great job with this and I would not hesitate to recommend it based on my experience.

Favorite Features

Speed, AWD, solid feel and quiet. I love the cooled seats in the summer!

Suggested Improvements

Improve the keyless locking system, it's a pain.

Happy Owner
By majsharan

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Cadillac CTS since 2008 when I bought it fully loaded during the bankruptsy and employee pricing wars for $35,000. At that point the '09s were out so I also got rebates for buying the old model year. I have been generally very happy with purchase. A couple of issues mostly relating to fit and finish. The car has some spots where the wood accents aren't quite large enough to fill the space they are in so there a couple of gaps here and there. Also, the car has a pretty bad paint job for a luxury car. It was like they only put one coat of clear on it. The car also has some interior rattles that seem to come from the bowels of the dash and can't be held down to be stopped.

Favorite Features

Safety. I was in a T bone crash that totaled the other car and all they had to do was replace my bumper and front right panel.

Suggested Improvements

More clear coats.