Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Used to Drive a Honda - 2008 CTS Rocks!
By Brian S

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned Honda Accords for the past 18 years, I never saw much reason to consider an American car until this one. Never in a million years did I think I would own a Cadillac! Having said that, this car should cause any reasonable person to change their opinion on GM. Clearly, Bob Lutz and the Caddy design team deserve a lot of credit for bringing a legendary brand back to life. This is a no apologies sedan that brings a watermelon smile every time I look at or talk about this car! Nothing looks like it on the road and it looks great! Tons of compliments from everybody that sees it. The interior materials and features are great. A lot of thought went into engineering this vehicle

Exterior Styling (Black Exterior), Interior Styling (Black Leather with Wood Trim), Navigation System, Ambient Lighting, Logical placement of all controls, Bluetooth, XM radio, Ipod and HDD capability. AWD and 18" wheels will be great in Northeast climate. Keyless entry and start is convenient.

More interior storage space needed for things such as coins and glasses. Reduce blind spots on vehicle. Tighter feel to steering (less power assist. Overall, very minor quibbles.

Sweet Cadi - CTS
By Carlos D

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Wow, this car has exceeded my expectations and you must drive the direct inject V6 with 305 HP to truly appreciate it. I've owned new BMW 5, new BMW 3, and new Audi 6 and the new 2008 CTS not only belongs in this class but outshines them all with ext/int design and features. You definitely get more and more for your money. The direct inject 304 hp engine is there to perform when needed. The sport suspension package with 19" wheels has the CTS hugging the road and gives it the tight feel. I love this car...it's the best 4 dr sport sedan I've owned and if Cadillac continues to deliver quality and VALUE there's no reason to go back to BMW, Audi, or consider others like Lexus.

A new look with bold strong exterior design, upgraded quality interior feel and look--stitching and seats look terrific, premium Bose sound system, On Star w/phone, Bluetooth, XM Radio, sport suspension package with 19" wheels and the 304 HP V6 direct inject engine all for $42K. I love this car.

Only minor improvements needed to take the built quality from a 9 to a 10. Also, the direct inject V6 with 304 HP responds nicely when needed but needs that feel at lower speeds.

Best Sports Sedan in its price class
By Dr. Mike

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the new CTS for three months and this is the most enjoyable automobile that I have ever owned. All aspects of the vehicle are pleasing. The performance is world class and the interior is set up in a convenient and comfortable manner. The sound system is killer and the Nav is best in class. However, the Onstar turn-by- turn is so simple and cool that I tend to use it instead of the Nav system. I love the total lighting package from the very cool ambient interior lights to the trick light pipes in the front and rear. This car is confident and capable in the canyons, the city or on the highway. Great job Cadillac!!!

304 HP Direct Injected V6 and the total quality of the vehicle. It just feels good to own this machine.

None yet.

Very happy with CTS. No more Beemers.
By Christ Stangeo

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

For the money, this car has the most beautiful ride and style I have had the pleasure to own. BMW cars constant service and arrogant dealer attitude sent us over to Cadillac. 100% satisfied with CTS, we have finally escaped the German car thing.

Remote start which cools off the seats by turning on the A/C, before you even get in the vehicle. Quiet, Quiet, Quiet, my god does this car run almost silent on the highway. Super MPG for a strong 6 cylinder. AVG MPG 22 combined pretty hard driving.

Not a One! Congratulations to Cadillac, they still have some brains left in those buildings!

Proud to own a Cadillac
By Evan

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm 36 and this is my second Cadillac, but this is no fuddy-duddy car like my '04 DHS was labeled. It's a car seemingly made for my demographic. I've never driven a car that turns as many heads and gets as many compliments and inquiries as this one does. The steering feel and handling are superb. The throttle response and manumatic shifting can take some effort to be smooth, but that kind of adds to the fun. The car likes to rev, but it lacks low end torque. It feels a little slow until you hit around 3500 RPM, at which point it takes off almost unpredictably quickly. I also have a strange odor coming from the air vents, and have since day one. Not sure what that's about.

Exterior looks, steering wheel, iPod connection (though it should be digital, not analog,) shifter feel, interior design, including the real wood, the warm look that the forever- gray BMWs and Mercedes' lack, and the driving position. Running on regular gas is a very nice feature as well.

Cadillac should give up trying to push OnStar over Bluetooth connectivity. What a simple feature to lack in my $50k CTS. Rear visibility takes some getting used to (mainly because there is none, thanks to the C pillars,) and lack of interior storage places.