2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
This ain't your daddy's caddy
By Caddy gone perfect! on 10/25/07 00:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Be prepared to be impressed - from putting on some of Cadillac's color options - to the extensive standard equipment, all are better on this car. If the same level of attention paid in planning then building this car can be transfered to others in the GM Family - watch out world for market share will return back to the USA!

Maybe expectations were too high
By brown343 on 10/22/07 13:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Came off a lease of an Audi A4. The CTS was a new design for 08, which was appealing. Seriously considered the BMW 335xi also. Having more rear leg room and supporting an American company were the deciding factors. However, build quality of my A4 was much better than the CTS. Have already had the CTS in for steering (wheel shakes) and navigation problems. Spending 4 hours at the dealership with a two week-old $48,000 vehicle is quite discouraging. Steering feels "disconnected" from car at times, especially during aggressive driving. Fuel-injectors make a noticeable, annoying hum. Thanks go to a great stereo to mask this. Upon close inspection, my black paint has factory flaws.

My 3rd CTS
By PittDriver on 10/21/07 05:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Leased an '03 and then an '05. The new '08 improves on every aspect of the CTS both the good and the not so good. Huge improvements in the interior. Ride, suspension, handling all even better than before, and the handling was already great. I'm delighted to see GM's initial success in design mature so well. Growing up, I loved Caddies so it's satisfying to be driving one as a grown up. (Brings out the teen in me when I'm behind the wheel.) My CTS is, without any exceptions or explanations, every bit as good or better than what Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus and Infiniti can turn out for the money. That's improtant to me, since it would be great to keep driving cars like this made by GM.

A Huge Step Up
By A HUGE step up on 10/18/07 22:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned quite a few cars over the past 20 years all in the luxury market. I do alot of driving a year with pharm. sales. I would say in my experience this is one of the best cars I've driven for the money. Great performance and handling, easy to use features, feels luxury unlike in my opinon the previous CTS. An awesome ride.

CTS Walks All Over Avalon
By marksecoshop on 10/13/07 21:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a loyal Toyota customer who is grateful for heeding the advice to test drive the all new 2008 Cadillac CTS after nearly committing to purchasing a 2008 Toyota Avalon XLS. The 2008 CTS is far superior in quality, performance, and handling. That's right, the 2008 Cadillac CTS walked all over the Avalon for quality Three out of four Avalons I considered had very noticeable interior fit-and-trim problems. While the Avalon was very capable and pleasant to drive, there wasn't anything outstanding about the vehicle. On the other hand, the CTS provided me with an instant "WOW" experience in the road. This vehicle is fun to drive and the handling and suspension is outstanding.

CTS 08 Could Save GM!
By Joseph Timlak on 10/13/07 16:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

They finally woke up after 20 years in Detroit! CTS 300HP 6 Cylinder is an outstanding engine. Good power throughout, with better than expected MPG at 22MPG combined on CTS computer system. Seats and ride are absolutely above BMW and Mercedes. For the money this is an unbelievable buy! This car is outstanding, Congratulations to GM Detroit, they still have some talent left in those hallways!

This is a Caddy?
By Floored on 10/06/07 02:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Driving a Caddy (or any GM) never even entered our minds. We'd driven Infiniti, Lexus, and had left. Really liked what we'd driven so far. Stopped in to get the payoff on our Hummer trade-in. A black CTS in the showroom had (afater market) 20" chrome wheels and a feature set at least $6 - $10K better than Lexus and BMW. Just to be thorough, we drove it. Amazing ride. Stunning. I'm still smiling. Everything everybody is saying. I just kept thinking, "This is a Caddy?" I couldn't beleive it. Only several days later, but I'm still giddy. I love this car. Fast, smooth, quiet, responsive, corners on rails. There isn't enough room in this review space. Trust me: drive this car!

Wow
By teresa on 10/04/07 05:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car all around. I've been looking for 4months, BMW, MB, Lexus and this one beats them hands down! Performance, quality, and value. This is my first Caddy and I'm proud

Foreign cars eat ur hearts out!
By LB on 10/03/07 20:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car rocks! It's the red one on TV and magazine covers; I got it fully featured, but opted for the Auto vs Manual shift. It replaced my '03 CTS that I loved (and so did my BMW-owning friends....more room!) I obliged my Mercedes and Audi loving relatives by considering them, but hands down this CTS packs more punch/value for every buck. I find it a smooother ride than the Europeans. It has more useful features than my cousin's limited edition Audi that cost $80K. He said he has no iPod connector nor USB port, nor 36 preset channels, nor as much room in the back seat for clients as I do. The teenagers in my neighborhood went crazy over it. Talk about not being Dad's car anymore!

CTS beats BMW
By James Evans on 10/03/07 08:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My new CTS is awesome! I've had it for just about a month and now have 2K miles on it. It's a thrilling ride and looks gorgeous. When I bought my CTS I researched and test drove all the major competitors (BMW 3 Series, Mercedes C Class, etc.) and the CTS beat them all in drive, HP, leg room (I'm 6' 2" and have enough room to even sit in the back) and in looks. This is my first Caddy but won't be my last.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.