Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Great Luxury, Performance, and Value
By yatesd

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I compared to the 2009 Audi A4, BMW 328xi, Mercedes C300 AWD, and Lexus IS250 AWD. Actually drove them all at a test track. The CTS offers the space of a BMW 5 series at a better value.

I live in inside the vehicle and the interior is great! Of course 304 HP and AWD providing 26 miles MPG on the highway with regular gas doesn't hurt. ;-)

Interior storage space and auto dimming side mirrors.

Jury still out - getting concerned
By Steve

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle in February right off the showroom floor. Great fun to drive, sharp looks. I wanted the wood trim interior and the large sunroof. The car is very smooth on the road and handles well since it is rear wheel drive. Interior space is a bit tight. Storage cubbyholes and trunk space are spare. Quality issues have come up. Two weeks after the purchase the steering went out (fluid leak around the rack) - that was in the shop for two more weeks getting fixed (free loaner, thankfully). Just today the radio went out. I have the high end radio (no nav) with the 40 GB HD. The radio now only picks up AM intermittently. I am a little worried and even considering trading.

Great interior design with wood and leather. Very sharp exterior look - I just enjoy walking up to get in the car. Great handling, good power. Cool oversized sunroof.

Several things should be standard on a Cadillac and are not. Universal door remote for garage door, remote start on key fob, push button start, bluetooth - all are either not available or require a higher package. The interior space is fairly tight - 4 people are a tight fit.

So far so good
By daveb

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had the CTS for over a month and so far it's been awesome. Lots of fun to drive. Averaging about 21 MPG. No issues so far. I was considering a Lincoln MKS but this car is so much more exciting I'm glad I chose it!

Exterior looks. Interior design. Nav / audio display. Sound system. Acceleration.

Put LEDs on the map lights so you can find them at night. Slightly larger side mirrors. More storage space. Coin holder. Backup camera. Longer front seats. Thicker opaque sunroof screen instead of translucent.

So Far, So Good
By Mark

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Former Lexus owner. Shopped against BMW 5 series, Audi A4 and Lexus 330. BMW dealer compares CTS DI with its 220 hp 3 series -- not even close unless you like stripped down, slow German cars. Lexus 330 was close, but is a lot more conservative looking and $3,000 more. With all the bells and whistles, none could come close to the Cadillac. I thought I was too young for a Cadillac sedan, but this car has exceeded my expectations and draws compliments from friends and clients.

Pop-up display screen with I-pod integration. Remote starting gets the a/c running before I get in. After years of buying foreign, it feels good to drive an American car on par with (if not exceeding) the imports.

Fuel economy, and a larger gas tank. Bluetooth should not be aftermarket, but I think they now all have it integrated Bluetooth. Trade less trunk space for more rear seat legroom. The appearance of the high end model should stand out over the base model.

Awesome!
By Matt K

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just hit the 200 mile mark on my CTS. I have only had the car for 1 week. This is truly the best car I have ever owned. The car handles OUTSTANDINGLY, rides GREAT, and looks FANTASTIC! My car has the performance package, luxury 1 and 2 and polished wheels. You really don't need to spend the extra money for the Nav. The interior lighting looks unbelievable. And the best part is that the car was so much less then the BMW 3 series, Audi A4 and the Mercedes C class. GM really did a tremendous job on this car. I would highly recommend this Cadillac to anyone in the market for a luxury midsized car.

Everything about the car. But I most likely like the 303 horse power engine.

None!