2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
2008 CTS DI
By Jim G on 11/28/07 13:53 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great vehicle to drive. A bit heavy but it feels good once it gets rolling... AWD takes a bit of performance away. I swear my 2007 (non-DI is quicker and faster) But a truly great car. Love the entire redesign.

One Great Car
By Joseph Fitzpatrick on 11/27/07 08:16 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great ride. Has all the extras that you need and then some. I only have a 1000 miles on the car but, rides like a dream. Feels tight and fast. The inside is well thought out. It has that little bit extra that a quality car needs. Engine is fast and smooth. I recommend this car highly.

08 CTS - new standard for the world
By 08 CTS - well done ! on 11/26/07 09:58 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2005 CTS was a step up from my two previous STS Caddies. Build quality was excellent and I experienced only minor repairs over 35,000 miles. It still is a real "looker". But my new loaded Crystal Red 08 CTS is about the most perfect car I have ever had. It blows away just about every BMW, Audi and Mercedes on the road today. It is stunningly beautiful, excellent fit and finish, with options galore and the handling is remarkable. The styling and performance improvements in the 08 are obvious, but it is the subtle nuances and thoughful engineering that make the car a standout for me. I can't tell a Lexus from a Camry until up close, but there's no mistaking this Caddy at any distance !

First American car in awhile
By DanV on 11/20/07 05:21 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Haven't owned an American car in years, but after reading reviews, decided to give it a try. My previous car was an '06 Audi A6. Very impressed with this new Cadillac...the CTS has an amazing ride-handling combination, great power with the DI engine, and awesome looks. The perceived quality is on par (if not better) with the top German and Japanese offerings. Time will tell about long term reliability.

Finally a true American sports sedan
By Todd K. on 11/18/07 19:40 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my '08 CTS for about a month now, and the commercials are spot on - this car turns me on every time I fire it up. It's a real head turner, and I've gotten more looks and thumbs ups than with any other car. Mine has the 6 speed w/ DI engine, and most every option available. I say most options because one that I really wanted - AWD, was not available with the stick. I test drove the G35X, BMW 335iX, Audi A4 Quattro and finally the CTS and it was love at first sight. The CTS is really that good, and a bit bigger than the others. I really wanted AWD and I might have a different opinion after the snow falls, but I'm planning in investing in a decent set of snow tires. We'll see..

Back to American
By randvlip on 11/13/07 13:06 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Once was a true blue American car buyer. During a period with no contract, I sold Toyotas and bought into the foreign car hype. However, something about the engines never gave me the feel of muscle in the engines of an American. This car has the get up and go I grew up with, yet the luxury I've grown to expect. I have the 304 DI with the Performance package which combined really gives a superior driving experience. And oh, BTW Sunset Blue has chameleon characteristics that may make you not recognize your car depending on the time of day and/or the light it's in. I love it.

CTS 08 Gorgeous!
By Christoph Capzi on 11/09/07 19:53 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Suspension on this car might be the best I have ever driven. The balance between handling and overall comfortable ride is spectacular. MPG has surprised as well with 22 combined!

Wow
By Mike on 11/09/07 09:52 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Waited 7 weeks and 1 day for cars arrival after factory order. Even though I had seen hundreds of photos in magazines and television ads, I was stunned by the car's beauty and design in person. And this is from a guy that owns an 07 MB S550 and 06 MB CLS500. The White Diamond paint is outstanding as is the build quality. The interior is excellent as well. I can't imagine anyone not being pleased with this vehicle. I got on the freeway and opened it up a bit and was very happy with the response and smoothness of the egine and transmission. Kudos to General Motors.

Finally a real competitor
By Aeryc on 10/29/07 15:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Already owned 2 Cadillacs and had no intentions of replacing my 2004 CTS with another Cadillac. However, my dealer called me when the 2008 came in and insisted I drive it. Needless to say I feel in love and I couldn't pass up the deal. GM finally blew me away with this car and kept me as a customer. Purchased a fully loaded Crystal Red with the 3.6 Direct Inject engine. This is truly an amazing car and far succeeds the previous models and certainly is a competitor to BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.

Red Hot 2008 CTS4
By anselmoc5 on 10/25/07 10:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this loaded 2008 CTS to replace our base model 2004 CTS. What a huge step up! Ours is exactly like the Crystal Red CTS4 seen in all of the ads. This car draws a great deal of attention when we are out in it. An 800 mile road trip in the first week of ownership proved to be a most pleasurable drive. The car handles like a sports cars and the 304 HP V6 sure feels like a V8. The ride is Cadillac quality but with a nice sporty road feedback. All of the chatter about the sunroof letting in too much light proved to be a non- issue. Even with the light Cashmere interior the sun shade blocked out the sun's rays just fine. This is a truely great car to own!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Cadillac CTS in WA is:

$159 per month*