Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Base Sedan Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Best used car ever
By Phil wingo

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I hope this isn't a jinx. I bought this car about 2 years ago and the only problem I've had so far is a burnt out head light which was a little difficult to change but I managed. I love the body style, stance, and performance. My next car will definitely be a Cadillac.

Man Cave
By Monica

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Obviously, not for the obese. A masculine car with the woman in mind.

BIG Mistake! Dont buy a 2008!
By katt4

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We were so excited to trade in our 2004 CTS for a 2008 CTS ! We had never had any issues with our first CTS so we were sure we would be getting another quality CTS. Our new CTS had 31,000 miles on it when we purchased it six months ago. It has been in the shop 4 times for major repairs-oil consumption, catalytic converter replacement, piston rings, cam shaft shims, steering and just this morning, the passenger airbag light is not working! I would expect these types of repairs on a 1980 Ford not a brand new Cadillac. I am half tempted to drop this car back off at the dealership, spend $ 500.00 and buy a junker that would certainly be more reliable than the new car I have now!

Obviously, the styling-the new CTS's are gorgeous, sexy and stylish. For this model however, beauty is only skin deep. I love that my CTS is a manual transmission, its fun to drive but it seems the car spends more time in the shop than actually being driven!

Gosh, where would I start, we have read online that the 2008's are very troublesome and have major issues with oil consumption so I would have to say, just go ahead and get a 2009-skip 2008 models altogether.

good car, but not aging well
By Rolling Thunder

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am approaching the final months of my lease and my CTS with 36K miles is still fun to drive and looks great. I've noticed that in the past 3 months that the car is "loosening up". More squeaks and rattles. This also happened to my Chevy Equinox at the 2.5 year mark. I am looking for my next lease and I may avoid another GM because of this. My CTS still drives well and looks great inside and out. I avg 19-20 mph in mixed driving.

interior design and comfort. crisp handling. decent acceleration. AWD in the winter has been excellent.

braking is a bit soft. slightly better gas mileage would be great. after 2.5 years, starting to hear more squeaks and rattles. inconsistent glitches with the electronics (windows, sunrooof, stereo).

Great car, nice ride.
By sp4rt4nz

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My first American car, after several Japenese sedans. The styling and build quality are excellent. I've had a few quirky problems, but no less reliable than the Toyotas, Infiniti, and Nissans that I've owned. The CTS has been much more reliable than the G35 which I traded. The CTS has been a low maint vehicle as I do oil changes and tire rotation only every 10K miles. I've been averaging 20 mpg in mixed driving, which is a bit disappointing, but it only requires non-premium fuel. This is no BMW, but I also paid $7K less than a comparably equipped 3- series and the CTS is much roomier for a 6ft. 200lb driver.

price, AWD is good in the snow, comfortable seats, sporty handling for a sedan, decent acceleration for a V6 but I wish I'd bought the DI-engine for added power, ease of dash controls.

had a speaker problem that took months to fix; could use a slightly quieter ride especially from rear window/door area, better gas mileage (or offer hybrid option), braking could be more responsive, servicing at Cadillac dealer is excessively expensive.