2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
BIG Mistake! Dont buy a 2008!
By katt4 on 03/27/12 05:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We were so excited to trade in our 2004 CTS for a 2008 CTS ! We had never had any issues with our first CTS so we were sure we would be getting another quality CTS. Our new CTS had 31,000 miles on it when we purchased it six months ago. It has been in the shop 4 times for major repairs-oil consumption, catalytic converter replacement, piston rings, cam shaft shims, steering and just this morning, the passenger airbag light is not working! I would expect these types of repairs on a 1980 Ford not a brand new Cadillac. I am half tempted to drop this car back off at the dealership, spend $ 500.00 and buy a junker that would certainly be more reliable than the new car I have now!

good car, but not aging well
By Rolling Thunder on 05/09/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am approaching the final months of my lease and my CTS with 36K miles is still fun to drive and looks great. I've noticed that in the past 3 months that the car is "loosening up". More squeaks and rattles. This also happened to my Chevy Equinox at the 2.5 year mark. I am looking for my next lease and I may avoid another GM because of this. My CTS still drives well and looks great inside and out. I avg 19-20 mph in mixed driving.

Great car, nice ride.
By sp4rt4nz on 10/22/09 06:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My first American car, after several Japenese sedans. The styling and build quality are excellent. I've had a few quirky problems, but no less reliable than the Toyotas, Infiniti, and Nissans that I've owned. The CTS has been much more reliable than the G35 which I traded. The CTS has been a low maint vehicle as I do oil changes and tire rotation only every 10K miles. I've been averaging 20 mpg in mixed driving, which is a bit disappointing, but it only requires non-premium fuel. This is no BMW, but I also paid $7K less than a comparably equipped 3- series and the CTS is much roomier for a 6ft. 200lb driver.

Amazing car!
By Sibica on 07/25/09 01:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been incredible since owning it; gets more looks and comments than any car I've ever owned. Sure, the mileage isn't great, but I didn't buy this to save a few $ on fuel. Interior is SO quiet, build quality is fantastic, and it's a pleasure to drive. In fact, my wife and I fight over who gets to drive it when we go out! We chose the black on black, which really sets the car off. Absolutely stunning to look at. With regards to comfort, I'm 6'5" and have no worries in the drivers seat. Would suggest winter tires for the snow as it is rear drive, but otherwise not a problem. Would buy another one in a heartbeat. LOVE IT!

Lemon GM stopped making parts
By Unhappy owner on 03/27/09 07:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Delivery 3/29/08 Dead Battery Toe in adjusted Steering Column replaced Wipers started, heating fluid light came on and sprayed for two minutes two times in two months and then never happened again. One of the two horns stopped working 2 weeks later they worked Air conditioned seats stopped working 2) Days later Air conditioned seats started working Dead Battery jumped roadside Dead Battery jumped roadside Bolt Rolling around head liner Dead Battery caddy said battery OK Dead Battery roadside replaced ad cleaned corrosion Bolt Rolling around head liner Touch Pad broke off trunk Back windows don’t work (said it was fine) nothing repaired came out with the same problems

Dissappointed, and surprised
By Jamie K on 02/15/09 08:44 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Disappointed, and surprised. Others don't agree. My father picked up the newly redesigned CTS last year as his third Cadillac. As I am a huge BMW fan, the 2008 CTS falls way behind. First, big improvement over the embarrassing interior design of the first CTS, but the looks deceived me. When I drove the car, I was disappointed in many things. The driver's seat is too tight and not appropriate for a luxury car. The dashboard looks beautiful, but its functionality is poor, and again too tight a fit. Acceleration is typical GM, jumpy with an intense torque if you don't have a gentle-minded foot. The dealer-installed rear bumper proximity beeper is downright annoying.

Love this car
By Mark Nethers on 01/05/09 10:02 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Easily the best car that I have ever owned. Have driven 3,000 miles the first two weeks that I have owned it. Fantastic ride, gas mileage, styling. Never thought that I would actually love a car. I was wrong. Would recommend it to anyone.

Stick shift Caddy
By Stan Thompson on 10/23/08 22:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The car is very responsive, solidly crafted, and in black with chrome rims is gorgeous. The stick shift has loosened up nicely after the first forty-five days. Seating is very comfortable and two hour drives produce zero stiffness.

rear axle issue
By car groupie on 10/14/08 08:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The rear axle vibrates at 55 mph and the factory says they are working on a fix. This has been going on for 90 days. In another 60 days without a fix we will post a web site GM won't like, but it will be truthful.

Best Car I ever owned
By debij on 09/23/08 07:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome Car, great interior, great gas mileage. couldn't be happier with Cadillac's new design

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.