Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

BIG Mistake! Dont buy a 2008!
By katt4

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We were so excited to trade in our 2004 CTS for a 2008 CTS ! We had never had any issues with our first CTS so we were sure we would be getting another quality CTS. Our new CTS had 31,000 miles on it when we purchased it six months ago. It has been in the shop 4 times for major repairs-oil consumption, catalytic converter replacement, piston rings, cam shaft shims, steering and just this morning, the passenger airbag light is not working! I would expect these types of repairs on a 1980 Ford not a brand new Cadillac. I am half tempted to drop this car back off at the dealership, spend $ 500.00 and buy a junker that would certainly be more reliable than the new car I have now!

Obviously, the styling-the new CTS's are gorgeous, sexy and stylish. For this model however, beauty is only skin deep. I love that my CTS is a manual transmission, its fun to drive but it seems the car spends more time in the shop than actually being driven!

Gosh, where would I start, we have read online that the 2008's are very troublesome and have major issues with oil consumption so I would have to say, just go ahead and get a 2009-skip 2008 models altogether.

good car, but not aging well
By Rolling Thunder

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am approaching the final months of my lease and my CTS with 36K miles is still fun to drive and looks great. I've noticed that in the past 3 months that the car is "loosening up". More squeaks and rattles. This also happened to my Chevy Equinox at the 2.5 year mark. I am looking for my next lease and I may avoid another GM because of this. My CTS still drives well and looks great inside and out. I avg 19-20 mph in mixed driving.

interior design and comfort. crisp handling. decent acceleration. AWD in the winter has been excellent.

braking is a bit soft. slightly better gas mileage would be great. after 2.5 years, starting to hear more squeaks and rattles. inconsistent glitches with the electronics (windows, sunrooof, stereo).

Great car, nice ride.
By sp4rt4nz

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My first American car, after several Japenese sedans. The styling and build quality are excellent. I've had a few quirky problems, but no less reliable than the Toyotas, Infiniti, and Nissans that I've owned. The CTS has been much more reliable than the G35 which I traded. The CTS has been a low maint vehicle as I do oil changes and tire rotation only every 10K miles. I've been averaging 20 mpg in mixed driving, which is a bit disappointing, but it only requires non-premium fuel. This is no BMW, but I also paid $7K less than a comparably equipped 3- series and the CTS is much roomier for a 6ft. 200lb driver.

price, AWD is good in the snow, comfortable seats, sporty handling for a sedan, decent acceleration for a V6 but I wish I'd bought the DI-engine for added power, ease of dash controls.

had a speaker problem that took months to fix; could use a slightly quieter ride especially from rear window/door area, better gas mileage (or offer hybrid option), braking could be more responsive, servicing at Cadillac dealer is excessively expensive.

Amazing car!
By Sibica

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been incredible since owning it; gets more looks and comments than any car I've ever owned. Sure, the mileage isn't great, but I didn't buy this to save a few $ on fuel. Interior is SO quiet, build quality is fantastic, and it's a pleasure to drive. In fact, my wife and I fight over who gets to drive it when we go out! We chose the black on black, which really sets the car off. Absolutely stunning to look at. With regards to comfort, I'm 6'5" and have no worries in the drivers seat. Would suggest winter tires for the snow as it is rear drive, but otherwise not a problem. Would buy another one in a heartbeat. LOVE IT!

Design (in and out), silent interior, quiet engine until you open it up!

Fold down rear seats as standard

Lemon GM stopped making parts
By Unhappy owner

2008 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Delivery 3/29/08 Dead Battery Toe in adjusted Steering Column replaced Wipers started, heating fluid light came on and sprayed for two minutes two times in two months and then never happened again. One of the two horns stopped working 2 weeks later they worked Air conditioned seats stopped working 2) Days later Air conditioned seats started working Dead Battery jumped roadside Dead Battery jumped roadside Bolt Rolling around head liner Dead Battery caddy said battery OK Dead Battery roadside replaced ad cleaned corrosion Bolt Rolling around head liner Touch Pad broke off trunk Back windows donít work (said it was fine) nothing repaired came out with the same problems

Appearance