Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Bang for your buck Queen
By Jordan

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 Cadillac CTS4 with the 3.6 direct inject V6 engine and most of the bells and whistles. The only options I did not get were navigation and parking pack. I have to start with the power train in this vehicle. The 305hp direct inject V6 is an absolute peach. Smooth, refined, and power all over the band. It's also very quiet, until you push it past 3500rpm, then she starts to growl. It's a great noise for a Luxury V6. The tranny, a 6-speed automatic, is one of the best I've ever used. It's buttery smooth and knows where (what gear) it needs to be. I've never had issues with either. Always follow the factory maintenance guide and requirements for maintenence. The all-wheel drive is great. I live in Buffalo, NY, and if there is one thing people know about Buffalo, is that we get a lot of snow. It puts the power down well. This car is also incredibly comfortable. I owned a small econo-car previously, and my back would cry at trips longer than 45mins... This car, no complaints at all. Very comfortable seats with 10-way adjustability. I'm very big on nice interiors, and the interior of this car sold me on it. It's beautifully laid out, nice use of perforated leather, soft-touch plastics, and wood trim throughout. I got the panoramic moon roof as well, which is beautiful during the night, or soaking up the sun rays on cooler days. There are, however, creaks and rattles all over the cabin. It's a shame, but the car is also cheaper to own than foreign competitors, so it's expected to see corners cut in places. The only other complaint I have about the interior is outward visibility. The pillars are very thick. It hasn't been a huge problem, but noticeable. Exterior is subjective. I was never really a fan of the look, only because my little eyes can see cost-cutting corners shaved. But, it is a sharp looking, handsome design. Modern amenities such as HID headlamps and LED light bars throughout make her a beauty in the night. I also opted for the 18" polished aluminum wheels and spoiler, which make the car look a little more upscale and aggressive, respectively, in my opinion. Driving the car had been very nice. Smooth over rough roads, good road manners, although the weight does tend to want to drag it around corners sometimes, great steering feel, and plenty of V6 power. 0-60 has been run at 6.3 seconds for me at the track, on 93 premium. Practicality is good, not great(this is a luxury sedan after all). Fuel economy roughly 19-20 mpg combined city/highway. Cost of ownership has been low for luxury levels. Maybe I'm "lucky" or maybe I properly maintain my vehicle. Either way, outside of normal maintenance (oil, tires, brakes, etc.) and a few minor electrical faults (all have been very cheap (>$20) fixes or under warranty) this car hasn't caused me a single headache. If you are looking at buying one, DO YOUR HOMEWORK!! look at owner history, service history, car fax reports, etc!! Can't stress this enough. The car is a fantastic car, especially at the price you'll find them. But, it needs to have been properly maintained and taken care of.

Love This Car
By Dan Holliday

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car new and never had a problem for the 8 years I owned it.

Bought 2008 in 2010 at 145k miles, excellent ride
By Dave

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

purchased in 2010 a 2008 luxury edition with 27k miles. Paint exterior still good, wheels starting to pit, but we live in a cold climate. AWD is excellent, only had to replace a rear hub at 130k miles. Handles well and seats very comfortable. Will purchase a 2 year old CTS once we're at 150k miles. Just took on a 600 mile trip and the power is almost as good as the day we purchased. No rattles and rides well. Replaced the brakes at 80k miles.

Best used car ever
By Phil wingo

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I hope this isn't a jinx. I bought this car about 2 years ago and the only problem I've had so far is a burnt out head light which was a little difficult to change but I managed. I love the body style, stance, and performance. My next car will definitely be a Cadillac.

Man Cave
By Monica

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Obviously, not for the obese. A masculine car with the woman in mind.