Used 2008 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Bought 2008 in 2010 at 145k miles, excellent ride
By Dave

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

purchased in 2010 a 2008 luxury edition with 27k miles. Paint exterior still good, wheels starting to pit, but we live in a cold climate. AWD is excellent, only had to replace a rear hub at 130k miles. Handles well and seats very comfortable. Will purchase a 2 year old CTS once we're at 150k miles. Just took on a 600 mile trip and the power is almost as good as the day we purchased. No rattles and rides well. Replaced the brakes at 80k miles.

Best used car ever
By Phil wingo

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I hope this isn't a jinx. I bought this car about 2 years ago and the only problem I've had so far is a burnt out head light which was a little difficult to change but I managed. I love the body style, stance, and performance. My next car will definitely be a Cadillac.

Man Cave
By Monica

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Obviously, not for the obese. A masculine car with the woman in mind.

Great car
By Derek

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 cts 1 year ago. I have not had any issues. The car is very smooth great power for a v6. I love the body design.

Is it ever home and will it get me there?
By Virginia Swisher

2008 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan w/Direct Injection (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

10 months ago I bought a Cadillac CTS and what a nightmare. I needed to replace the 2003 Buick Century with 190,000 miles on it. I've have had several GTM cars in the past and wanted to keep with GM, and this was going to be my birthday splurge. I decided to look for a used car with lower mileage, rather than a new car because I was on a limited budget. I had looked at Chevy Impalas, Buicks and found that they were exceeding my budget- so just as a whim- I looked on the internet at Cadillac and was seeing that there were a few that were in the same range as the Impalas. (I did CarFaxes on every car I looked at & before I took it for a test drive - this car came with a positive report- one owner, garage kept, well maintained, & 50,000 miles on it & it looked brand new- nothing to indicate that there would be any problems. ) So in comparing a Cadillac CTS to and the Impalas- I thought I was getting a higher quality car- not so. I picked it up at the end of February- (they gave me a 3 month warranty). In April, the check engine light came on- it needed a new coil (not cover by the warranty) $500: in June, the catalytic convertor went (cover by the warranty, otherwise it would have been at least $700). In July I took it in for an oil change and a check up and was informed it would need new brakes on the rear by the end of November (this would cost at least $400- wound up costing $500). In September it just passed inspection (mostly because of the brake issue). The middle of October, I was heading to work and there was the horrible clanking noise coming from the wheels- (no warring), managed to get to the dealership (which has been in business for over 80 years) and left it there. Next day they informed me that the drive shaft had broken (don't know how or why) and it would cost $1500 (they took off $250 from the bill). I informed them I was extremely unhappy and nervous about driving the car and I needed to talk to customer service. She listed to me politely, said she wanted me to be secure with the car and they would take it in and do a complete check up on the car to make sure everything was working right. They did that, then one week later I as was coming home from work, I heard this big thump. I got out of the car to check it and saw nothing- got back in the car and it went nowhere- the transmission went on the car. I called the dealership and they couldn't believe this happened. They gave me a loaner for the 6 days they had my car. The bill came to $2500, but I paid $750 (they got GM to cover most of it under a warranty). At This point, I can't trust the car and began to talk to my salesperson, customer service and head of use car sales about getting me out of this car (between the sales price and repairs, I have spent over $20,000 + the dealership has put in $3000 in repairs). My salesperson showed me another CTS, a year younger than mine w/ less mileage. So he discussed it with the head of use car sales, and he informed me that they could only give me $10,000 for the car. I can't afford to throw $10,000 down the drain and then spend an additional $7500 to get into that new car, so I left asking that they keep eye out for something comparable that I could afford. I became resolved that I would have to keep this car, so I put the new brakes on at the beginning of December and hoped for the best. On the Monday after Christmas, on the way home from work, the car began to vibrate violently as I began to accelerate. Again I called the dealership and manage to get it there, and then left it. They called me the next day and informed me the car was fixed at no charge (it turned out to be 2 coils & 2 spark plugs needed to be replaced- that would have cost over $700). I have checked into Lemon Laws- my car does not qualify, talked to a friend who is a lawyer, called Cadillac Corporate to file a complaint- but no help. I cannot in good conscious sell this car to anyone else without divulging the history of this car & once hearing about it who would buy it from me. (I do have to say that the dealership has been reasonable about discounting the repairs and I appreciate this, but I have never had so many problems with one car in my life time- and I have purchased older cars in the past. This car has been in the shop 8 times in 10 months- this is not right!!!!!