3 Weeks in The Repair Shop!!!!
By mkzgirl on
2007 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
We will never own another CTS ever again! My husband and I purchased this car used in Feb. 2010 from a GM dealer. What sold us was the low mileage & excellent warranty. My husband has a long drive to work and wanted something fun and comfortable from the domestic luxury market. He fell in love with the styling and handling, that was until he was left stranded not once, not twice but THREE TIMES over the same problem which the dealership, several engineers & technicians direct from GM HQ could not pinpoint after three weeks, they had never seen the problem before! The key was stuck in the ignition and would not start or release the key so they had to replace the entire ECM to get it to start!
Favorite Features
Engine is pretty peppy for a 3.6L V6
Suggested Improvements
Pretty much everything! Cheap plastic trimmed interior and the very user "UN-friendly" DIC needs major improvements! Gass mileage is dreadfull, could get better mileage from a higher output V8!!!!
By brentw1
on 02/19/13 20:06 PM (PST)

I had the same issue with my vehicle. All it is, is the computer sesor plug. They just have to unplug it and plug it back in 3 times. It get's a little rust on it. They did it for me for free it was so quick to do. Just a little FYI. Other then that my CTS has been good other then the brakes/rotars but I mean that comes with time. I have the 2007 cts 3.6L I really haven't had any major complaints and I have 92K+ miles.