Used 2007 Cadillac CTS Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

J.R.'s CTS
By gill123

2007 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

First Cadillac I've ever owned, got it back in 2010 picked it over an Infiniti M35 due to dealer cost. Sport model with 18" wheels, limited chrome and spoiler definitely turns heads. For the most part it performs up to its looks which is pretty decent considering its weight and 255 HP. I like the Interior very much, love the plastic in the 2007, EZ to keep clean. Coming out of the a BMW 325i). I am good and uncomfortable; handling very good; braking powerful. Standard 18" sport tires which led to all-season replacement after 40000 miles (at my expense). Overall mileage of 19.2. Next vehicle? I am now looking at the ATS. My 99 BMW was a money pit.

Favorite Features

I love the car, you don't see any just like it. You see CTS's but not this one, sweet. This one just looks like me.

Suggested Improvements

Everyone knows, the cost.

3 Weeks in The Repair Shop!!!!
By mkzgirl

2007 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We will never own another CTS ever again! My husband and I purchased this car used in Feb. 2010 from a GM dealer. What sold us was the low mileage & excellent warranty. My husband has a long drive to work and wanted something fun and comfortable from the domestic luxury market. He fell in love with the styling and handling, that was until he was left stranded not once, not twice but THREE TIMES over the same problem which the dealership, several engineers & technicians direct from GM HQ could not pinpoint after three weeks, they had never seen the problem before! The key was stuck in the ignition and would not start or release the key so they had to replace the entire ECM to get it to start!

Favorite Features

Engine is pretty peppy for a 3.6L V6

Suggested Improvements

Pretty much everything! Cheap plastic trimmed interior and the very user "UN-friendly" DIC needs major improvements! Gass mileage is dreadfull, could get better mileage from a higher output V8!!!!

CTS Sport
By Supermatic

2007 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been remarkably trouble- free over the past 34 months. Performance is quite good and ride is firm but compliant. Front seats, however, in no way compare to the Mercedes-based ones in my previous Chrysler Crossfire. Replaced the front brake pads, etc. at 26,000 due to mainly mixed suburban driving. Biggest warranty repairs have been the replacement of a piece of interior trim in the rear seat area and replacement of the entire radio/CD player/information center due to a fault in the CD portion. In both cases loaner vehicles were provided and work was done on-time with no hassles.

Favorite Features

Smooth, flexible powertrain with manual select capability. Really am quite fond of the XM radio capability to the point where it's now a requirement going forward.

Suggested Improvements

Not sure I would have sprung for the 18" wheels if I had it to do over. My wife would have appreciated the car more if it "rode more like her father's Cadillac".

Uber Cadillac
By BroncoDan

2007 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love my CTS Sport, it has the 18" Wheel performance and appearance package, handles very well for the size. Not quite as well as my previous Audi and Porsche, but very nice for a larger car. Love the shiftable automatic. Only issue was a broken rear sway bar, replaced by the warranty. Cadillac has an excellent Certified Pre- owned program. (6 years/100,000 miles)

Favorite Features

looks, handling, comfort

Suggested Improvements

tighter suspension, more power, better gas mileage, shiftable auto. should shift faster.

CTS Sport
By boomr46

2007 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

First Cadillac I've ever owned - picked it over an Infiniti M35 due to dealer location. Sport model with 18" wheels, limited chrome and spoiler definitely turns heads. For the most part it performs up to its looks which is pretty decent considering its weight and 255 HP. Interior is much improved in the 2008 but very plasticky in the 2007. (Not up to previously owned BMW 740i, Mercedes SL, Jag XK or even Chrysler LHS). Ride is stiff but not uncomfortable; handling very good; braking powerful. Standard 18" summer sport tires abysmal in fall/winter which led to all-season replacement after 4000 miles (at my expense). Overall mileage of 19.2. Next vehicle? Accura or Lexus mid-size SUV.

Favorite Features

Awesome optional BOSE + XM radio Nimble handling Overall performance

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality Trunk closer