Used 2007 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Bad experience
By vbs

2007 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't had a very good experience with my CTS, I have had major repairs and the car is only 1 yr and 5 months. I love the look of the car and the features, But would like to try another CTS because I think I ended up with a defective model.

Favorite Features

My favorite features is the onstar service and also XM radio i love it I can't live without it.

Suggested Improvements

The Cadillac CTS should include heated seats,automatic key entry and it would be nice if the engine was quiet.

3 Weeks in The Repair Shop!!!!
By mkzgirl

2007 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We will never own another CTS ever again! My husband and I purchased this car used in Feb. 2010 from a GM dealer. What sold us was the low mileage & excellent warranty. My husband has a long drive to work and wanted something fun and comfortable from the domestic luxury market. He fell in love with the styling and handling, that was until he was left stranded not once, not twice but THREE TIMES over the same problem which the dealership, several engineers & technicians direct from GM HQ could not pinpoint after three weeks, they had never seen the problem before! The key was stuck in the ignition and would not start or release the key so they had to replace the entire ECM to get it to start!

Favorite Features

Engine is pretty peppy for a 3.6L V6

Suggested Improvements

Pretty much everything! Cheap plastic trimmed interior and the very user "UN-friendly" DIC needs major improvements! Gass mileage is dreadfull, could get better mileage from a higher output V8!!!!

Not that good
By Paul

2007 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car because it was American. At first I thought it looked cool, but after 3 months, the styling looks outdated and ugly. The engine is weak and could use some hints from BMW. The interior function is not impressive for the misplacing of buttons. I was going to look at the new CTS but it looks like a 70 year old would be driving it. I am ready to trade it in for a BMW 335, something that will acually make me feel under 60 years old.

Favorite Features

American heritage, 2-tone leather

Suggested Improvements

Revamp the next generation of the CTS also

Poor reliability
By Dianne

2007 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My CTS Cadillac is nothing but problems. Major engine repair at 5 months and issue for over a year. Then again Major engine issue at 19months! The car has been a nightmare and the dealership is even worse to deal with in this regard. I would never buy another Cadillac nor deal with GM. I can't believe the poor level of customer service and then the poor level of quality of the car. I do like the style and look of the car, but it is a poor, poor quality car. It is upsetting as you expect a Cadillac to be the best, not the worse!

Not as Good as It looks!
By SteveP

2007 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle drives well, but does not reach the EPA mileage. Has the larger engine (not the V-8) and performs well. Noisy inside on rough roads - the combo of shocks, suspension and body results in some annoying reverberation over bumps. There was no plan for the back seat passenger AC - on a par with the cheapest Chevy on the lot. If you want the back seat cooled, you have to run the AC fans on high and freeze out the front seat. Trunk does not have the closer system - it needs a big slam to shut!

Favorite Features

Nice touches inside, nice radio/sound system. Nice road handling too.

Suggested Improvements

The console tunnel could have had an air duct for the back seat, but doesn't. Back seat passengers are treated to 1950's style creature comfort. The trunk could have had a closer!