2006 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: This Car Saved My Life

2006 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

2006 Cadillac CTS

Base Sedan (2.8L V6 6-speed Manual)

This Car Saved My Life
By Angelo on

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I loved the 2006 Cadillac CTS from the day I took delivery of it, but this past Sunday I loved it even more. My son and I were in a major accident and this car saved our lives. I slid on ice and hit a pole on my drivers side door with the pole falling down on top of the car. It bent the car in half, blew out most of the windows and smashed the roof. The impact of the pole was by my pelvis and legs. To my amazment my son and I did not have a scratch. The side curtian airbags deployed as did the airbag in the seat. This saved me from any trauma. The pole hit the drivers side window smashing it, when the side curtain airbag deployed it was between my head the glass and the pole. My family thanks you GM.

The airbags.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By writerdianalee
on 03/09/12 19:33 PM (PST)

How does this car handle in the snow? I really liked the one I saw - but I have a steep driveway and several times each year I'm wondering if I'll get up it.....also - it's been a long long time since I've had a vehicle that's rear-wheel drive, and never that I can recall in the Midwest. Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks.