Rear end noise and early tire wear
By irene w webb on
2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)
I leased this car after having traded in a 2000 Eldorado with low mileage that I had purchased from a non-Cadillac dealership, hence, it was not Cadillac "certified" and the repair bills were getting costly. They certified my car and marked up extensively - I should have kept it! The CTS was great - for the first 7,000 miles. I was rounding a corner on a rainy day and the car almost spun out of control and left huge - long - black tire marks on the road and the right rear tire seemed to lock up. I got the car under control and my nerves settled and went on. At 10,400 I took the car in for a noise in the back end and oil change. The service tech. told me I had to replace the tires.
Favorite Features
Ease of buttons for radio Great driver's seating. Sport package and optional grille greatly improves cars looks and curb appeal. Sport package not a benefit - large tires wear out quickly
Suggested Improvements
Fix the differential - it drags, hangs up and sounds terrible It is a great sized Cadillac - visiblity is good and I like the comfort - I might be the only one with a lemon -