2006 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: Great Car Unless in Snow or Ac

2006 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Manual)

Great Car Unless in Snow or Accident
By Sk00ts99 on

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the car in '06 and loved it from the start, until the first snow hit and I realized how much rear wheel drive stinks. I was all over the place, must have had a few mini heart attacks on the commute home from work. The worst was a few weeks ago, I was rear ended and sandwiched between 2 cars. No air bag deployment and my seatbelt brought me up to the steering wheel, then decided to kick in and pull me back, the car just broke apart. I was sad, but will definitely go with something else now, with better fuel mileage and NO REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!!!

Comfort of the seats

Fuel Economy, change to front wheel drive option

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By tgm2
on 04/15/14 11:32 AM (PDT)

Rear Weel Drive isn't all that bad, it's much more predictable/controllable than Front Wheel Drive. I have a 06 Dodge Charger and was surprised at first at how it slid a bit in the snow when I first got it, but discovered as I got used to it that the sliding and handling was very predictable and controllable. Now I actually prefer it over FWD. With FWD you initally get better traction, but once you do lose traction the breakaway is much more abrupt and since all the weight is up front you will lose control of the car quicky. That doesn't happen with RWD. You get plenty of warning.