Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

CTS is a Great Car!
By Jeff

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted to buy American but haved owned Mercedes, BMW, and Audi in the past. I shopped all those but purchased 3.6 CTS with the sport and lux package. What a great car! The center stack is a little odd, but truly functional. The stereo needs autospeed adjustment. Those are the two little problems that I have with this car, other than that it is great. It's quiet, firm, and has a good ride at speed and around town. Its edgy looks and Cadillac emblem now command interest among all ages. I wish it had external speakers so it could broadcast Led Zep while driving down road. Good job Cadillac and GM! Don't be surprised, this car uses synthetic oil.

This is a great car. It is hard to pick a favorite feature. The interior instrument illumination is good, the headlights are good, the brakes and power delivery are good, and the trunk is nicely finished. The seats are comfortable and supportive.

Add speed sensitive audio volume, fold down rear seats, greater availability of models equipped with manual transmissions, a little more tint on the windows especially at the top of the windshield, pull outs in the sun visors, and double visors (like Suburban).

CTS Sport - Luxury, Performance, Value
By mjdart

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The power is supplied by a 255 HP 3.6L VVT (dual overhead cams) all aluminum V6 engine coupled to my optional 5-speed automatic transmission. It ts a very smooth combination. The auto features a very nicely incorporated manual shift mode that is accessible with a right flick of your wrist. Pull back and it down and it shifts to the next lower gear. Push it up and it up-shifts. All five gears are accessible this way. This car is rear wheel drive with a 3.42 drive ratio. I have found 70 mph yields an engine speed of 2,250 rpm, which is good for less engine wear and highway gas mileage. The interior is well laid out with the exception of the glove box which is big enough to hold gloves and not much else.

The 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shifting is simple and intuitive to operate. The 8 speaker, 6 disc CD Bose Stereo delivers outstanding performance. The Sport Apperance package set this model of the CTS apart from all others.

Increase the glove box dimensions, use a tire package with a higher treadwear rating.

My Caddy
By Cathleen Snyder

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed every minute of driving my Caddy. I took it to Pennsylvania last week and it handles the road beautifully. I am completely satisfied. Other perople come to me and ask me about its performance. Others that own a CTS come and tell me how much they enjoying owning this car. This is a beautiful car. I am just thrilled that I have it. My friends like riding in it too.

My absolute favorite feature of the car is the heated seats. I really enjoy having this feature in my car. I don't have to worry about being cold again.

The only suggestion that I have is the outside mirrors should go in automatically. When you park the car, you have to turn the mirrors in yourself and I sometimes forget. I do not like leaving them in place when I park.

After a long look, I bought a Caddy
By vj

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I looked long and hard for a new ride. We test drove a Toyota Avalon, Infiniti, and Ford 500. I went to this Cadillac because of the exterior styling and a little improvement in fuel economy over my Tahoe Z71. We love the performance; I've also owned a Corvette and the ride and handling of the CTS are comparable and in some respects better given that the Vet blows you away with power. But I always wanted a powerful, comfortable family car that had some style and looks like I found it. The interior is roomy enough for the men in my family, all of them over 6 feet and 200+ lbs. But is quick and agile for me by myself.

The comfort, handling, styling, color (stealth-gray) more like blue-grey, and improved fuel economy. It turns heads and my twentish daughter even approved and told our other daughter, that "No, Mom did not buy a Grandma car".

It needs a compass in the computer display or in the rearview mirror. No car today should be without a direction finder, especially one that costs between $30,000 and $40,000.

Before the Change
By Alan Bradford

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is the perfect size and fit for tall drivers and suits smaller drivers as well. When the change comes in 2008, may the same be said about the space.

The transmission choice.

Although it has traction control, all wheel drive is all that's missing.