Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Most Helpful|
So fun to drive, it should be illegal!
By kcindenver

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

With sport handling package it corners like it's on rails. Handling, braking, acceleration, nimble turning radius, easy to park, great gas mileage. This car really is a blast to drive. I'm hooked! Very tight, no rattles, great reliability. Yes, it does turn heads! I'm happy to buy American. I love it even more than I expected I would. Recommend a CTS with no reservations.

Favorite Features

Memory seat adjustments, XM radio, navigation, controls in steering wheel, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Longer center arm rest for those of us who drive with seat farther forward. Easier to navigate the many computerized features would be nice. Needs larger glove box

First Cadillac
By JLT

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My husband had been trying to get me to buy a new car, but I really loved my '99 Grand Am, and the appearance of the new cars did not appeal to me. Besides that, the Grand Am was the first new car that I ordered just the way I wanted it! But, even though the CTS is a used car, it beats the Grand Am hands down in almost all categories. Comfortable, easy driving, nice appearance, lots of amenities, could have better gas mileage, but overall, a really nice car. I am not sorry that we bought this car, especially since it is American made.

Favorite Features

On Star, The way it hugs the curves, comfortable seats, quick excelleration, great braking, easy handling. My husband likes that it is a Caddy, because he remembers his uncle's old Cadillacs with affection, and always wanted one, but thought that I would not. He's happy!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, green technology ie: some kind of hybrid engine, something with low emissions and really high mileage to help stem imports of foreign oil!

Good Car
By PLEHMANN

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

If you're looking to upgrade to a luxury vehicle, this is the best starter car you can get for your money.

Favorite Features

The OnStar and XM radio features.

Suggested Improvements

The CTS and STS sit to low to the ground. These cars are not suited for the older generation. They need to be easier to get in and out of.

Love it
By AZ driver

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had it four years and plan on keeping it for at least a couple more. Currently has 80,000 miles on it and has given me no trouble at all. And it is really fun to drive. It has spent minimal time in the shop. Drives best with Michelin tires, just makes it tighter.

Favorite Features

Awesome sound system Pep-even in the mountains. Back seats fold flat to extend trunk

Suggested Improvements

None

Loving It
By Little Caddy

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love everything about this car. It is very durable, dependable and has power to it. The only negative factor is the rear seats do not fold down and passenger seats are not power.

Favorite Features

The controls on the steering wheels are absolutely handy when you need and also heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

I am only 5'1" and don't like to sit close up to the steering wheel but if I don't then I can't reach the pedals so only improvement I would like to see is the addition of an automatic pedal adjuster like Chevy and GMC vehicles have.