Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Good Car
By PLEHMANN

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

If you're looking to upgrade to a luxury vehicle, this is the best starter car you can get for your money.

Favorite Features

The OnStar and XM radio features.

Suggested Improvements

The CTS and STS sit to low to the ground. These cars are not suited for the older generation. They need to be easier to get in and out of.

CTS
By Angela

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love everything about my Cadillac CTS, except for a couple of things. It would be better if it were a little roomier and also if the passenger seat was automatic and not manual. Other than those small annoyances the car is perfect and overall I love it!

Suggested Improvements

A little more foot room and automatic seats on both sides.

Happy Owner
By Delilah North

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. It looks good, handles great and really performs on the highway. I would recommend it to anyone that appreciates a quality automobile.

Favorite Features

I love the way it looks in a plate glass window when I am driving down the street.

Suggested Improvements

It should come with stainless steel exhaust pipes as standard equipment.

Mixed Emotions
By Chris DeWeese

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My CTS handles like a dream and has plenty of power. 0-60 it is great, when in "sport" mode. I can take corners that are posted 35 mph at 55 mph. I have the 3.6L with the 5 speed auto and it is plenty fast. I have two beefs, though. The XM radio has static, which I thought was impossible on satellite radio, and apparently all CTS's with the single CD player do, too. The response from the dealer/GM to fix it was underwhelming to say the least. It still hisses. The battery was replaced under warranty today because it died twice and I had to jump it. Yep, the car has 7,000 miles on it and the battery died.

Favorite Features

The memory seats, leg room (I'm 6'1"), overall comfort, auto sunroof, and the self dimming mirrors. The leather on the seats is very luxurious and the mesh parts to keep your back cool are ingenious.

Suggested Improvements

Clear up the static on the XM. Bring the steering wheel out a little bit or telescope it for us tall folks. The computer doesn't know the tire pressures, but my LT Suburban does. Since the stereo has AM, FM1, FM2, XM1, and XM2, install a source up/down button.

Glad To Be Back In A Caddy
By Vic

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Cadillac has finally come out with a destintive looking car. I love the design. Inside and out this is a head turner. I get excellent gas milage on the wide open roads of Nevada. I was so impressed with this car that I traded in a 2006 Nissan Altima and took some loss on it.

Favorite Features

I love XM, Onstar, and the steering wheel controls for radio and air.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a bigger glove compartment, more storing space for CDs etc., a locking gas cap, and better rear window visability.