Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

I like this car
By Vsizemore

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my CTS certified used. I was looking at several new vehicles, including both the 3 and 5 series BMWs, Audi. I never even thought of considering a Cadillac until I saw one at a dealership when I was looking at another vehicle. I fell in love with the design. I drove it and fell in love with it. I waited a few months to review it so I could really experience the vehicle. I still love it. It is unbelievably comfortable, has a smooth ride, and tons of features. I buy new cars about every 2 years. I will probably keep this one longer, and I'll definitely consider another CTS when the time comes, which I haven't done with a vehicle for a long time.

Memory automatic seats, stereo (especially XM), styling, safety, room, comfort, OnStar (I love the directions and connections, although I don't use it very often), ease of driving, navigation, good sized cup holders, programmable steering wheel controls.

Blue tooth, change the steering wheel volume controls so you don't turn it up while backing out of a parking spot, ipod connection with a place to hold it (cup holder is really the only place), cell phone connection so the cell phone gets the exterior antenna as the OnStar connection.

Cool Car
By complife

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Even though I have owned this car 18 months, I have just returned from my first 300 mile trip driving my White Diamond 2006 CTS 3.6 and I enjoyed the drive all the way there and back. It handled great (even on the Blue Ridge Parkway), the XM radio kept great company (no having to hunt for local stations), and I felt secure in knowing OnStar was with me all the way! This is my second Caddy - my first was a 1991 DeVille that I traded for the CTS. Oh yes, I got two compliments on my "pretty car" while at the resort!

Memory seats, OnStar and XM radio

Auto-close trunk

Rear end noise and early tire wear
By irene w webb

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this car after having traded in a 2000 Eldorado with low mileage that I had purchased from a non-Cadillac dealership, hence, it was not Cadillac "certified" and the repair bills were getting costly. They certified my car and marked up extensively - I should have kept it! The CTS was great - for the first 7,000 miles. I was rounding a corner on a rainy day and the car almost spun out of control and left huge - long - black tire marks on the road and the right rear tire seemed to lock up. I got the car under control and my nerves settled and went on. At 10,400 I took the car in for a noise in the back end and oil change. The service tech. told me I had to replace the tires.

Ease of buttons for radio Great driver's seating. Sport package and optional grille greatly improves cars looks and curb appeal. Sport package not a benefit - large tires wear out quickly

Fix the differential - it drags, hangs up and sounds terrible It is a great sized Cadillac - visiblity is good and I like the comfort - I might be the only one with a lemon -

Great car
By jjmiller

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this car with 7000 owned by 92 year old man and it is too much car for a oler person, traded back to the dealer for a small and less equipment.

Power, pick up, Sat radio, onstar, all the proper power seats, etc. Nice leather, For the money it is a bargin compared to MB, Lexus, it does every thing they do plus we have the certified 100000 mile every thing is covered warranty back by GM

Large map box

This transmission is normal?
By Dave

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Least satisfying car I've had in many years. The chief problem is a transmission-- or is it in the electronics-- that wants to stick me in a lower gear whenever the car decides to. I went down a steep mountain in supposed high gear and was going 10 mph at the bottom when I just let it coast. Dealer gave me the old line about European-type transmissions. Another point, I long ago gave up on ever figuring out the information screen controls. Gas mileage is lousy too. Why did I trade my Grand Prix, an excellent car, to "move up"?

The seats are very comfortable.

Give me some kind of video-- not a CD-- to show me how to set the daggone controls.

• SUV