Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Cool Car
By complife

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Even though I have owned this car 18 months, I have just returned from my first 300 mile trip driving my White Diamond 2006 CTS 3.6 and I enjoyed the drive all the way there and back. It handled great (even on the Blue Ridge Parkway), the XM radio kept great company (no having to hunt for local stations), and I felt secure in knowing OnStar was with me all the way! This is my second Caddy - my first was a 1991 DeVille that I traded for the CTS. Oh yes, I got two compliments on my "pretty car" while at the resort!

Favorite Features

Memory seats, OnStar and XM radio

Suggested Improvements

Auto-close trunk

Rear end noise and early tire wear
By irene w webb

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this car after having traded in a 2000 Eldorado with low mileage that I had purchased from a non-Cadillac dealership, hence, it was not Cadillac "certified" and the repair bills were getting costly. They certified my car and marked up extensively - I should have kept it! The CTS was great - for the first 7,000 miles. I was rounding a corner on a rainy day and the car almost spun out of control and left huge - long - black tire marks on the road and the right rear tire seemed to lock up. I got the car under control and my nerves settled and went on. At 10,400 I took the car in for a noise in the back end and oil change. The service tech. told me I had to replace the tires.

Favorite Features

Ease of buttons for radio Great driver's seating. Sport package and optional grille greatly improves cars looks and curb appeal. Sport package not a benefit - large tires wear out quickly

Suggested Improvements

Fix the differential - it drags, hangs up and sounds terrible It is a great sized Cadillac - visiblity is good and I like the comfort - I might be the only one with a lemon -

Great car
By jjmiller

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this car with 7000 owned by 92 year old man and it is too much car for a oler person, traded back to the dealer for a small and less equipment.

Favorite Features

Power, pick up, Sat radio, onstar, all the proper power seats, etc. Nice leather, For the money it is a bargin compared to MB, Lexus, it does every thing they do plus we have the certified 100000 mile every thing is covered warranty back by GM

Suggested Improvements

Large map box

This transmission is normal?
By Dave

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Least satisfying car I've had in many years. The chief problem is a transmission-- or is it in the electronics-- that wants to stick me in a lower gear whenever the car decides to. I went down a steep mountain in supposed high gear and was going 10 mph at the bottom when I just let it coast. Dealer gave me the old line about European-type transmissions. Another point, I long ago gave up on ever figuring out the information screen controls. Gas mileage is lousy too. Why did I trade my Grand Prix, an excellent car, to "move up"?

Favorite Features

The seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Give me some kind of video-- not a CD-- to show me how to set the daggone controls.

Loving It
By Little Caddy

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love everything about this car. It is very durable, dependable and has power to it. The only negative factor is the rear seats do not fold down and passenger seats are not power.

Favorite Features

The controls on the steering wheels are absolutely handy when you need and also heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

I am only 5'1" and don't like to sit close up to the steering wheel but if I don't then I can't reach the pedals so only improvement I would like to see is the addition of an automatic pedal adjuster like Chevy and GMC vehicles have.