Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

One of the nicest cars I've ever owned
By David

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is one of the best cars I've owned. The power train is smooth and powerful. It handles like a sports car. I love the crisp angular styling. It is very comfortable for long trips. The driver's seat is supremely comfortable (on the other hand the front passenger seat is uncomfortable). The car has been totally reliable except for a sun shade that came loose. The interior has too much plastic and doesn't give a luxurious impression. The car is priced like a small BMW or Mercedes but has the interior room of their larger 500 and E series. One of the most endearing features is the extremely small turning radius. The car is very nimble and easy to park as a result.

Performance, nimble handling, driver's seat comfort, styling, reliability. Great gas mileage on the road (34 mpg).

Improve the quality of the interior materials. Needs a more luxurious interior.

Just ok
By ok

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this about 18 months ago and it has been a very reliable car. It handles poorly with just the smallest amount of snow or wintry precip on the ground. The gas mileage is around 23 mpg with all highway driving.

XM and nav

Interior is not as luxurious as you would expect in a caddy. Plastic trim on the doors is not appealing at all.

Great Value!
By ccleary34

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am coming up on 2 years of ownership. This is also the first time in about 15 years that I only have one car. I was worried about not having 4X4 or AWD but so far I have never been stranded in the few times there has been snow. Great acceleration and handling! One of the best I've owned. While some have more performance, utility, luxury, this Cadillac is the best blend I've seen so far.

Reliablity and performance hands down. I love the exterior styling, rear wheel drive, quality of leather and wood on the steering wheel. Stereo is excellent. I love the personalization feature!

Only gripe I've had is the plastic interior, although it will probably turn out to be very durable over time.

You won't be disappointed
By Tony M

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my wife's car. When I drive it my head scrapes the headliner (I'm 6'0") so maybe not a great car for a tall person. Then again it has a sunroof and that robs some headroom. This car is a blast to drive. It corners like it's on rails and always has plenty of power on tap. Still turns heads too. Despite the head room thing it is otherwise comfortable for road trips. Reliability has been top notch and good fuel economy. If you are looking for a true drivers' car without having to shell out big bucks, look no further.

Chassis, suspension, motor, ability to program the steering wheel buttons, quality of the leather seats.

Brakes are good but could be better. Interior is plasticky, no MP3 connection. I think all these were addressed with the new '08 model.

I like this car
By Vsizemore

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my CTS certified used. I was looking at several new vehicles, including both the 3 and 5 series BMWs, Audi. I never even thought of considering a Cadillac until I saw one at a dealership when I was looking at another vehicle. I fell in love with the design. I drove it and fell in love with it. I waited a few months to review it so I could really experience the vehicle. I still love it. It is unbelievably comfortable, has a smooth ride, and tons of features. I buy new cars about every 2 years. I will probably keep this one longer, and I'll definitely consider another CTS when the time comes, which I haven't done with a vehicle for a long time.

Memory automatic seats, stereo (especially XM), styling, safety, room, comfort, OnStar (I love the directions and connections, although I don't use it very often), ease of driving, navigation, good sized cup holders, programmable steering wheel controls.

Blue tooth, change the steering wheel volume controls so you don't turn it up while backing out of a parking spot, ipod connection with a place to hold it (cup holder is really the only place), cell phone connection so the cell phone gets the exterior antenna as the OnStar connection.