2006 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
One of the nicest cars I've ever owned
By David on 06/05/08 05:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is one of the best cars I've owned. The power train is smooth and powerful. It handles like a sports car. I love the crisp angular styling. It is very comfortable for long trips. The driver's seat is supremely comfortable (on the other hand the front passenger seat is uncomfortable). The car has been totally reliable except for a sun shade that came loose. The interior has too much plastic and doesn't give a luxurious impression. The car is priced like a small BMW or Mercedes but has the interior room of their larger 500 and E series. One of the most endearing features is the extremely small turning radius. The car is very nimble and easy to park as a result.

Just ok
By ok on 04/21/08 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this about 18 months ago and it has been a very reliable car. It handles poorly with just the smallest amount of snow or wintry precip on the ground. The gas mileage is around 23 mpg with all highway driving.

Great Value!
By ccleary34 on 02/26/08 14:06 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I am coming up on 2 years of ownership. This is also the first time in about 15 years that I only have one car. I was worried about not having 4X4 or AWD but so far I have never been stranded in the few times there has been snow. Great acceleration and handling! One of the best I've owned. While some have more performance, utility, luxury, this Cadillac is the best blend I've seen so far.

You won't be disappointed
By Tony M on 01/13/08 08:25 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my wife's car. When I drive it my head scrapes the headliner (I'm 6'0") so maybe not a great car for a tall person. Then again it has a sunroof and that robs some headroom. This car is a blast to drive. It corners like it's on rails and always has plenty of power on tap. Still turns heads too. Despite the head room thing it is otherwise comfortable for road trips. Reliability has been top notch and good fuel economy. If you are looking for a true drivers' car without having to shell out big bucks, look no further.

I like this car
By Vsizemore on 10/09/07 03:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my CTS certified used. I was looking at several new vehicles, including both the 3 and 5 series BMWs, Audi. I never even thought of considering a Cadillac until I saw one at a dealership when I was looking at another vehicle. I fell in love with the design. I drove it and fell in love with it. I waited a few months to review it so I could really experience the vehicle. I still love it. It is unbelievably comfortable, has a smooth ride, and tons of features. I buy new cars about every 2 years. I will probably keep this one longer, and I'll definitely consider another CTS when the time comes, which I haven't done with a vehicle for a long time.

Cool Car
By complife on 09/24/07 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Even though I have owned this car 18 months, I have just returned from my first 300 mile trip driving my White Diamond 2006 CTS 3.6 and I enjoyed the drive all the way there and back. It handled great (even on the Blue Ridge Parkway), the XM radio kept great company (no having to hunt for local stations), and I felt secure in knowing OnStar was with me all the way! This is my second Caddy - my first was a 1991 DeVille that I traded for the CTS. Oh yes, I got two compliments on my "pretty car" while at the resort!

Rear end noise and early tire wear
By irene w webb on 08/04/07 09:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this car after having traded in a 2000 Eldorado with low mileage that I had purchased from a non-Cadillac dealership, hence, it was not Cadillac "certified" and the repair bills were getting costly. They certified my car and marked up extensively - I should have kept it! The CTS was great - for the first 7,000 miles. I was rounding a corner on a rainy day and the car almost spun out of control and left huge - long - black tire marks on the road and the right rear tire seemed to lock up. I got the car under control and my nerves settled and went on. At 10,400 I took the car in for a noise in the back end and oil change. The service tech. told me I had to replace the tires.

Great car
By jjmiller on 07/25/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We purchased this car with 7000 owned by 92 year old man and it is too much car for a oler person, traded back to the dealer for a small and less equipment.

This transmission is normal?
By Dave on 05/08/07 12:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Least satisfying car I've had in many years. The chief problem is a transmission-- or is it in the electronics-- that wants to stick me in a lower gear whenever the car decides to. I went down a steep mountain in supposed high gear and was going 10 mph at the bottom when I just let it coast. Dealer gave me the old line about European-type transmissions. Another point, I long ago gave up on ever figuring out the information screen controls. Gas mileage is lousy too. Why did I trade my Grand Prix, an excellent car, to "move up"?

Loving It
By Little Caddy on 03/05/07 19:19 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love everything about this car. It is very durable, dependable and has power to it. The only negative factor is the rear seats do not fold down and passenger seats are not power.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.