Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

awsome car
By dds

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

recently i bought a 2006 CTS 2.8L i'm a mechanic for GM and i love this car!!. and 2.8L does compete with the 3.6L, there is hardly any chance of feeling the 60hp difference other than racing purposes. which buy the CTS-v not the 3.6L or 2.8L. they are poor in the snow if not treated properly (drive for the conditions) I have a corvette as well and people who compare 3.6L and 2.8L engine clearly don't know what a real sports car feels like. or are that ignorant, to do these type of comparisons. thank you to all the people who took the car for what it is made for and not blow it out of proportion, remember it is a four door sedan with a V6 either of them 3.6L or 2.8L. all an all beautiful car

ride smootheness and exceptional handling. also both 3.6L and 2.8L exceptional engines very similar and the 2.8L is not dis-continued it is still offered in europe!. It's a caddy not a honda or a acura .

the only improvement for this car in my opinion would be to put a little more thought to the interior and not so plastic

First and Last Cadillac
By Kerj

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my first new Cadillac in 2006 and was pretty excited. But, now after 60,000 miles I've had coils replaced, wheel bearings, tie rods, rear seals, and now told oil usage of a quart per 2000 miles is acceptable. If luxury cars by GM are produced to this quality level, I can see why they need bailing out!

Heated seats to stay warm while waiting for tow truck

Quality and durability

Incredible Car!
By Caddygirl

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The Cadillac CTS is very comfortable, has power when you need it and has an overall sexy appearance. I have been quickly sold on Cadillac since purchasing this vehicle. I bought my Cadillac CTS with 32,000 miles on it. It was a leased vehicle and I purchased it as a certified pre- owned. The heated leather seats, wood trimmed steering/console and plush pile carpeting add a luxurious coponent to the superb handling. My only complaint is the plastic grill on the front but I believe they have addressed this in the 2008 and 2009 models. As they say on the commercial...."when you turn your car on does it return the favor?"...the answer is a resounding YES! I LOVE THIS CAR!

Overall appearance, interior wood trim, heated leather seats, split rear seat, two tone leather.

Replace the plastic grill on the front with chrome. The Cadillac name warrants something other than plastic.

Best car I ever owned
By Vetteman1971

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Caddy with 22000 miles on it. I live in the Chicagoland area and it is great in the snow. I have about 30000 miles on it now and I've had to replace the brakes and thats it. The dealership is the best I've ever been to as well. I will never own anything but a Cadillac for a daily driver ever again. The one small issue I have is the leather seats could be of a better quality leather but I think they addressed this already. GREAT CAR!!!!

Handling, Fuel economy, Build quality, comfort!

The quality of the leather used on the seats is a bit sub par

So fun to drive, it should be illegal!
By kcindenver

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

With sport handling package it corners like it's on rails. Handling, braking, acceleration, nimble turning radius, easy to park, great gas mileage. This car really is a blast to drive. I'm hooked! Very tight, no rattles, great reliability. Yes, it does turn heads! I'm happy to buy American. I love it even more than I expected I would. Recommend a CTS with no reservations.

Memory seat adjustments, XM radio, navigation, controls in steering wheel, sunroof

Longer center arm rest for those of us who drive with seat farther forward. Easier to navigate the many computerized features would be nice. Needs larger glove box