2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 2.8L V6 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

2006 CTS Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
CTS Lemon
By cadictsawful

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I loved my CTS when I got it in 2006 because it was so beautiful. It never had a lot of power and the "traction control" would come on each time I pulled out from a stop. I could live with that. I started having issues around the 2nd year... most of which was covered. Now I am at year 7 and I have had nothing but issues for 2 years. I have had to put several thousand dollars in for repairs. Rear differential broke TWICE, Air bag issue, Wipers don't work, catalytic converter, misfires all the time, purge valve, spark plugs, and the list goes on. I still owe 4K because it was a lease at first. Shouldn't a Caddy last at least a decade or 120000 miles? Very sad and disappointing.

Beautiful Car
By SH

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

A wonderful car to drive. It handles well in city and highway conditions. A great car for long drives: very comfortable seats, good standard sound package, low highway noise. Most important to us was its heft: we wanted something luxurious that would handle well enough, but also provide safety. The CTS is a good trade-off of performance and safety. We totaled it on a patch of ice and everyone emerged without a scratch. Even as we were spinning into the trees, we felt fully confident of the protection the car offers. And grateful for OnStar.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, understated luxury of interior, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign digital interface (like an iPod wheel?), electric trunk latch.

Best in Class!
By lovely

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have bought this car as a leased vehicle and it is the best car as far as fuel mileage, comfort and looks. It rides very smooth and have not had any problems when taken care of properly. I have not had any complaints and have since put on 17000 miles since I bought it 6 months ago, it still rides gracefully.

Favorite Features

The sleek design, smooth ride and easy conrols inside especially to program are great.

Suggested Improvements

I only think that having to keep pushing buttons to retrieve the information on oil, gas mileage and trip should have been a lot easier for the driver.

2006 Cadillac CTS-Decent car
By TimD106

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first ever owned luxury car and I am in some ways, very disappointed. It isn't as luxurious as expected for the base model CTS. It has a very underpowered 2.8L v6 engine in it, and the gas mileage is bad (i average with conservative driving about 16.5 MPG city.)It hasn't given me any problems though, it is comfortable to drive in, I like the exterior design and I get alot of respect just because I drive a cadillac.

Favorite Features

The ability to be able to customize your own settings in the car. Climate control and The comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage (very bad for a weak v6 engine) The power of the 2.8L v6 engine and the lack of luxurious appeal mto the base model cts.

awsome car
By dds

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

recently i bought a 2006 CTS 2.8L i'm a mechanic for GM and i love this car!!. and 2.8L does compete with the 3.6L, there is hardly any chance of feeling the 60hp difference other than racing purposes. which buy the CTS-v not the 3.6L or 2.8L. they are poor in the snow if not treated properly (drive for the conditions) I have a corvette as well and people who compare 3.6L and 2.8L engine clearly don't know what a real sports car feels like. or are that ignorant, to do these type of comparisons. thank you to all the people who took the car for what it is made for and not blow it out of proportion, remember it is a four door sedan with a V6 either of them 3.6L or 2.8L. all an all beautiful car

Favorite Features

ride smootheness and exceptional handling. also both 3.6L and 2.8L exceptional engines very similar and the 2.8L is not dis-continued it is still offered in europe!. It's a caddy not a honda or a acura .

Suggested Improvements

the only improvement for this car in my opinion would be to put a little more thought to the interior and not so plastic

First and Last Cadillac
By Kerj

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my first new Cadillac in 2006 and was pretty excited. But, now after 60,000 miles I've had coils replaced, wheel bearings, tie rods, rear seals, and now told oil usage of a quart per 2000 miles is acceptable. If luxury cars by GM are produced to this quality level, I can see why they need bailing out!

Favorite Features

Heated seats to stay warm while waiting for tow truck

Suggested Improvements

Quality and durability

Best car I ever owned
By Vetteman1971

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Caddy with 22000 miles on it. I live in the Chicagoland area and it is great in the snow. I have about 30000 miles on it now and I've had to replace the brakes and thats it. The dealership is the best I've ever been to as well. I will never own anything but a Cadillac for a daily driver ever again. The one small issue I have is the leather seats could be of a better quality leather but I think they addressed this already. GREAT CAR!!!!

Favorite Features

Handling, Fuel economy, Build quality, comfort!

Suggested Improvements

The quality of the leather used on the seats is a bit sub par

cadillac has pride
By o.johnson

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this auto with 45,000 miles. It was a rental with me being the first owner. I can tell you that I feel like this auto came just out of the showroom. I have owned 7 cadillacs and being almost 60 years old. I am impressed with my cts.

Favorite Features

Quickness, on-star, and complete exterior beauty

Suggested Improvements

Try to make the computer technology a little more simple for us old folks to program

One of the nicest cars I've ever owned
By David

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is one of the best cars I've owned. The power train is smooth and powerful. It handles like a sports car. I love the crisp angular styling. It is very comfortable for long trips. The driver's seat is supremely comfortable (on the other hand the front passenger seat is uncomfortable). The car has been totally reliable except for a sun shade that came loose. The interior has too much plastic and doesn't give a luxurious impression. The car is priced like a small BMW or Mercedes but has the interior room of their larger 500 and E series. One of the most endearing features is the extremely small turning radius. The car is very nimble and easy to park as a result.

Favorite Features

Performance, nimble handling, driver's seat comfort, styling, reliability. Great gas mileage on the road (34 mpg).

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality of the interior materials. Needs a more luxurious interior.

Just ok
By ok

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this about 18 months ago and it has been a very reliable car. It handles poorly with just the smallest amount of snow or wintry precip on the ground. The gas mileage is around 23 mpg with all highway driving.

Favorite Features

XM and nav

Suggested Improvements

Interior is not as luxurious as you would expect in a caddy. Plastic trim on the doors is not appealing at all.