2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
CTS Lemon
By cadictsawful on 04/16/13 14:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I loved my CTS when I got it in 2006 because it was so beautiful. It never had a lot of power and the "traction control" would come on each time I pulled out from a stop. I could live with that. I started having issues around the 2nd year... most of which was covered. Now I am at year 7 and I have had nothing but issues for 2 years. I have had to put several thousand dollars in for repairs. Rear differential broke TWICE, Air bag issue, Wipers don't work, catalytic converter, misfires all the time, purge valve, spark plugs, and the list goes on. I still owe 4K because it was a lease at first. Shouldn't a Caddy last at least a decade or 120000 miles? Very sad and disappointing.

Beautiful Car
By SH on 03/16/10 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

A wonderful car to drive. It handles well in city and highway conditions. A great car for long drives: very comfortable seats, good standard sound package, low highway noise. Most important to us was its heft: we wanted something luxurious that would handle well enough, but also provide safety. The CTS is a good trade-off of performance and safety. We totaled it on a patch of ice and everyone emerged without a scratch. Even as we were spinning into the trees, we felt fully confident of the protection the car offers. And grateful for OnStar.

Best in Class!
By lovely on 12/27/09 04:18 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have bought this car as a leased vehicle and it is the best car as far as fuel mileage, comfort and looks. It rides very smooth and have not had any problems when taken care of properly. I have not had any complaints and have since put on 17000 miles since I bought it 6 months ago, it still rides gracefully.

2006 Cadillac CTS-Decent car
By TimD106 on 12/13/09 18:58 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first ever owned luxury car and I am in some ways, very disappointed. It isn't as luxurious as expected for the base model CTS. It has a very underpowered 2.8L v6 engine in it, and the gas mileage is bad (i average with conservative driving about 16.5 MPG city.)It hasn't given me any problems though, it is comfortable to drive in, I like the exterior design and I get alot of respect just because I drive a cadillac.

awsome car
By dds on 12/06/09 19:09 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

recently i bought a 2006 CTS 2.8L i'm a mechanic for GM and i love this car!!. and 2.8L does compete with the 3.6L, there is hardly any chance of feeling the 60hp difference other than racing purposes. which buy the CTS-v not the 3.6L or 2.8L. they are poor in the snow if not treated properly (drive for the conditions) I have a corvette as well and people who compare 3.6L and 2.8L engine clearly don't know what a real sports car feels like. or are that ignorant, to do these type of comparisons. thank you to all the people who took the car for what it is made for and not blow it out of proportion, remember it is a four door sedan with a V6 either of them 3.6L or 2.8L. all an all beautiful car

First and Last Cadillac
By Kerj on 10/09/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my first new Cadillac in 2006 and was pretty excited. But, now after 60,000 miles I've had coils replaced, wheel bearings, tie rods, rear seals, and now told oil usage of a quart per 2000 miles is acceptable. If luxury cars by GM are produced to this quality level, I can see why they need bailing out!

Best car I ever owned
By Vetteman1971 on 05/06/09 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Caddy with 22000 miles on it. I live in the Chicagoland area and it is great in the snow. I have about 30000 miles on it now and I've had to replace the brakes and thats it. The dealership is the best I've ever been to as well. I will never own anything but a Cadillac for a daily driver ever again. The one small issue I have is the leather seats could be of a better quality leather but I think they addressed this already. GREAT CAR!!!!

cadillac has pride
By o.johnson on 09/18/08 02:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this auto with 45,000 miles. It was a rental with me being the first owner. I can tell you that I feel like this auto came just out of the showroom. I have owned 7 cadillacs and being almost 60 years old. I am impressed with my cts.

One of the nicest cars I've ever owned
By David on 06/05/08 05:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is one of the best cars I've owned. The power train is smooth and powerful. It handles like a sports car. I love the crisp angular styling. It is very comfortable for long trips. The driver's seat is supremely comfortable (on the other hand the front passenger seat is uncomfortable). The car has been totally reliable except for a sun shade that came loose. The interior has too much plastic and doesn't give a luxurious impression. The car is priced like a small BMW or Mercedes but has the interior room of their larger 500 and E series. One of the most endearing features is the extremely small turning radius. The car is very nimble and easy to park as a result.

Just ok
By ok on 04/21/08 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this about 18 months ago and it has been a very reliable car. It handles poorly with just the smallest amount of snow or wintry precip on the ground. The gas mileage is around 23 mpg with all highway driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.