2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
CTS Lemon
By cadictsawful on 04/16/13 14:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I loved my CTS when I got it in 2006 because it was so beautiful. It never had a lot of power and the "traction control" would come on each time I pulled out from a stop. I could live with that. I started having issues around the 2nd year... most of which was covered. Now I am at year 7 and I have had nothing but issues for 2 years. I have had to put several thousand dollars in for repairs. Rear differential broke TWICE, Air bag issue, Wipers don't work, catalytic converter, misfires all the time, purge valve, spark plugs, and the list goes on. I still owe 4K because it was a lease at first. Shouldn't a Caddy last at least a decade or 120000 miles? Very sad and disappointing.

It makes we wanna SHOUT!!!
By dobyns on 03/21/12 14:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This CTS is so much fun to drive my wife and I have to debate every day who is going to drive it that day. With its' sporty exterior I turn heads every where I go. The factory sound system is amazing quality. The seats are extremely comfortable and the dual climate zones make it even better. My 3 children never complain of being squished in the back seat since we have gotten it and I don't have to worry about their safety with the 6-point airbag system. I think I am falling in love all over again! (Don't tell my wife) LOL

Love it
By AZ driver on 07/19/10 09:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had it four years and plan on keeping it for at least a couple more. Currently has 80,000 miles on it and has given me no trouble at all. And it is really fun to drive. It has spent minimal time in the shop. Drives best with Michelin tires, just makes it tighter.

First Premium Luxury Car
By Greg on 06/25/10 04:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used from a local dealer with 16,000 miles on it. I have owned the car for eight months & have had no problems with it. I like the sporty exterior looks & enjoy the manual mode shift feature on the automatic transmission. This car handles well for its size & with the 3.6 L engine is more than adequate in the power range. I added a custom after market stainless steel double twist grill to the front upper & lower bumper & the car looks outstanding.

problem car
By jim on 04/16/10 08:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Factory Goodyears were noisy and bad handling. Replaced at 20k. Torque converter went at 28k, fuel pump replaced at 31k. Bad in winter or on wet roads, no more rear wheel drive cars.

Beautiful Car
By SH on 03/16/10 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

A wonderful car to drive. It handles well in city and highway conditions. A great car for long drives: very comfortable seats, good standard sound package, low highway noise. Most important to us was its heft: we wanted something luxurious that would handle well enough, but also provide safety. The CTS is a good trade-off of performance and safety. We totaled it on a patch of ice and everyone emerged without a scratch. Even as we were spinning into the trees, we felt fully confident of the protection the car offers. And grateful for OnStar.

First Cadillac
By JLT on 01/27/10 06:39 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My husband had been trying to get me to buy a new car, but I really loved my '99 Grand Am, and the appearance of the new cars did not appeal to me. Besides that, the Grand Am was the first new car that I ordered just the way I wanted it! But, even though the CTS is a used car, it beats the Grand Am hands down in almost all categories. Comfortable, easy driving, nice appearance, lots of amenities, could have better gas mileage, but overall, a really nice car. I am not sorry that we bought this car, especially since it is American made.

Best in Class!
By lovely on 12/27/09 04:18 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have bought this car as a leased vehicle and it is the best car as far as fuel mileage, comfort and looks. It rides very smooth and have not had any problems when taken care of properly. I have not had any complaints and have since put on 17000 miles since I bought it 6 months ago, it still rides gracefully.

2006 Cadillac CTS-Decent car
By TimD106 on 12/13/09 18:58 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first ever owned luxury car and I am in some ways, very disappointed. It isn't as luxurious as expected for the base model CTS. It has a very underpowered 2.8L v6 engine in it, and the gas mileage is bad (i average with conservative driving about 16.5 MPG city.)It hasn't given me any problems though, it is comfortable to drive in, I like the exterior design and I get alot of respect just because I drive a cadillac.

Unpleasant.
By CTS on 12/08/09 11:02 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Excessive road noise,engine noise(sounds like a truck). It drowns out any conversation. Otherwise a fine car.The lease expires soon. It will be a Lexus this time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.