Used 2006 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

CTS Lemon
By cadictsawful

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I loved my CTS when I got it in 2006 because it was so beautiful. It never had a lot of power and the "traction control" would come on each time I pulled out from a stop. I could live with that. I started having issues around the 2nd year... most of which was covered. Now I am at year 7 and I have had nothing but issues for 2 years. I have had to put several thousand dollars in for repairs. Rear differential broke TWICE, Air bag issue, Wipers don't work, catalytic converter, misfires all the time, purge valve, spark plugs, and the list goes on. I still owe 4K because it was a lease at first. Shouldn't a Caddy last at least a decade or 120000 miles? Very sad and disappointing.

It makes we wanna SHOUT!!!
By dobyns

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This CTS is so much fun to drive my wife and I have to debate every day who is going to drive it that day. With its' sporty exterior I turn heads every where I go. The factory sound system is amazing quality. The seats are extremely comfortable and the dual climate zones make it even better. My 3 children never complain of being squished in the back seat since we have gotten it and I don't have to worry about their safety with the 6-point airbag system. I think I am falling in love all over again! (Don't tell my wife) LOL

Love it
By AZ driver

2006 Cadillac CTS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had it four years and plan on keeping it for at least a couple more. Currently has 80,000 miles on it and has given me no trouble at all. And it is really fun to drive. It has spent minimal time in the shop. Drives best with Michelin tires, just makes it tighter.

Favorite Features

Awesome sound system Pep-even in the mountains. Back seats fold flat to extend trunk

Suggested Improvements

None

First Premium Luxury Car
By Greg

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car used from a local dealer with 16,000 miles on it. I have owned the car for eight months & have had no problems with it. I like the sporty exterior looks & enjoy the manual mode shift feature on the automatic transmission. This car handles well for its size & with the 3.6 L engine is more than adequate in the power range. I added a custom after market stainless steel double twist grill to the front upper & lower bumper & the car looks outstanding.

Favorite Features

The handling, smoothness of the ride & quickness all make for a entertaining driving experience. I also like the edgy sporty design of the exterior appearance.

Suggested Improvements

On the base 3.6 L model the wheel & tire package is to small. This car needs a 18" to 20" wheel & tire package to make the side view more proportional. The size increase would also enhance the tire patch on the road improving the traction & handling characteristics.

problem car
By jim

2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Factory Goodyears were noisy and bad handling. Replaced at 20k. Torque converter went at 28k, fuel pump replaced at 31k. Bad in winter or on wet roads, no more rear wheel drive cars.