Disappointed New Car Owner
By Susan Burnett on
2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)
This purchase was the 1st new car I had ever made. I bought this particular car based on the recommendations made by Consumer Reports. As of today, I have owned it for a little over 4 years and, it has less than 46,000 miles on it. It has had the following problems: full set of replacment tires before 25,000 miles, a LOWER END OVERHAUL before 35,000 miles, a headlamp at 3 1/2 years, a battery at 4 years, a water pump at 45,000 miles, and numerous small problems. As of today, I most likely will never buy a new car again. I will, however, continue to buy GMC products.
Favorite Features
I like the dial control volume on the steering wheel and front/back movability of the headrest (neither feature on newer models). I like the comfort of the seat, accesablity of the controls, programability of controls, view from the mirrors and amount of airbags.
Suggested Improvements
Set a higher standard for making the overall mechanics of the car. Sometimes my foot gets caught getting in and out of the car. So, improving the design where you swing your feet out would help. Return my favorite features. Improve the sensitivity of the onstar system. Improve the window seals.