2005 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: Cadillac CTS

2005 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.6L V6 6-speed Manual)

Cadillac CTS
By Jay Hayden on

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had a good experience wityh my 2005 Cadillac CTS so far. The car is quiet and tight without rattles. It has a firm ride and does not sway when rounding curves at high speeds. I like the leather interior, and so far it has been very reliable with no problems whatsoever. I am not crazy about the angular exterior design, but the styling is not too bad. The car still gets a lot of attention and nice comments from friends and neighbors. This is my third Cadillac, and I prefer American cars because in my opinion, they are less expensive to maintain, and this Cadillac is much more roomy (especailly in head room) than many European and Japanese cars which cost a lot more.

I like the leather interior and the roominess of the passenger compartment. I have a lot of headroom and legroom, and I do not feel cramped as I do in my wife's C-Class Mercedes-Benz. I also think it is very reliable.

I would restyle the exterior to eliminate the "creased paper" look and return to curved lines. I think that the car needs a more elegant exterior look with soft, flowing lines.