A great alternative...
By berne1 on
2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
This is a great alternative to the usual suspects (3-Series, C-Class) with stand-out styling and performance to match. Cadillac really got this one right. The engine is flexible with lots of torque AND loves to rev. 5-spd auto is so smooth. This car has great turn in and response to input. It's roomy enough for two kids in car seats in back. I love the styling, although I know this is polarizing design. I've gotten lots of "thumbs-up" and compliments in parking lots. Growing up with imports, I decided to take a look as I'd heard great things about CTS. I could not be happier with my vehicle choice. RWD is back and I'm lovin' it!
Favorite Features
Flexible engine. Seamless shifts. Great value for the money. Outstanding sound system. Very responsive handling. I love the styling.
Suggested Improvements
I would have gotten the 6-speed if it were available at the time. Nothing wrong with the autobox, in fact this is a very enjoyable automatic. I would like paddle shifters or some sort of manual control. Maybe some chrome tips for the dual exhausts. That's it.