Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

I don't know what you guys are talking about.
By bigsim

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my CTS 4.ago and I love it, had a oil leak which was repaired under warranty. It does use a little oil so I keep an eye on it, this is a sports car I don't think a lot of people understand that so you have to be vigilant on upkeep I love this car and would recommend it to anyone ...Again this car is not for the person that doesn't take care of their car all the blown engine problems I bet can be traced back to some kind of abuse.

Favorite Features

Everything!It blows the doors off of the Chrysler 300c.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any.

291,000 and still going strong
By twee2

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2005 CTS brand new in Oakland at the Cadillac dealer on Broadway. (Name changed years ago). I have 291,456 miles on my car and it is still running great for me. Most of the reviews talk about all the oil it drinks, this has not been the case for me. I get my oil changed between 5,ooo-7,000 miles faithfully. I did need to replace the transmission at 110,000 miles ($3500) but other than that it has been just the usual brakes, tires, and oil changes. I have had some minor things go wrong when it got in the 200,000 miles but other than that, this has been the BEST CAR EVER! People can't believe how many miles I have on my car. I keep waiting for something to happen but it hasen't.

Favorite Features

Have not had a car payment in 3 years and I LOVE IT! Thanks Cadillac!

Oil Burner!!!
By mabyn66

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2005 CTS, but traded it in on a reliable car, a Honda. I loved my CTS. It was a beautiful car, but at about 60,000 miles it started burning oil. It had no drips or blue smoke. They car was sounding weird and I had my husband check it. It needed 5 quarts of oil. There was no warning, or light. The catalytic converter went out in it twice in a year and a half and then I started having a misfiring problem. Whenever I was going up a hill, or had to accelerate fast, my whole car would jerk and then my engine light would start flashing. Beautiful looking car, but looks only get you so far. It was a major lemon and I'd never buy one again!!!!

Favorite Features

The exterior and interior and beautifully designed.

Suggested Improvements

Figure out the oil-burning problem.

Disappointed
By natural_99_99

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have been a proud owner of my CTS until recently. I have made sure the oil was changed every 3,000 to 6,000 miles as needed. Just with in the last month my CTS started cutting back when my wife was driving it. I checked oil in car & it was fine. dealership did a diagnostic test on the car and contacted me that same day and advise that the CTS had no issues & everything checked out fine. Within two weeks she was experience same problem I checked oil level & it was no oil at all. Went to pick up some oil put in car. Then I test drove the CTS next day & had no problem until I picked up some speed then it cutback some and engine light came on. When I went out to leave on tuesday it would not start out all & had to have it towed to dealership. Thats when I was told that i need a new engine. The repairs would cost $6200. I have recommended Cadillac CTS to numerous people never again. I am disappointed I had a chrysler sebring before this car that I traded in with 230000 miles on it. Cadillac is suppose to be a step above that. Its wrong how this economy is set up to bail out GM but I can't even get a $6200 repair covered by the company that should have failed.

Where did all the oil go?
By joez34

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love or should I say "loved" this car for the many years I have owned it. The car performed perfectly until 55,000 miles when it began drinking up a qt of oil every 1,000 miles. No leaks, and No Smoke, just a quart of oil gone. The worst part about it was I didn't figure this out until the car was down 4 qts and started to make lots of noise. No LOW oil level or pressure indicator. Sorry GM, I traded in the CTS for a NEW Lexus ES350. Maybe I'll be back in a few years, but for now I'm gone.

Favorite Features

Radio, trip computer, comfy seats, great performance

Suggested Improvements

No place for my sun glasses! Where did all my oil go? They should do better testing on these engines before putting them into production. Do your research before buying a 2004-2008 CTS with the 3.6L