2005 Cadillac CTS Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2005 CTS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Sort Reviews by

Excellent Choice
By Anthony

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent choice. You get a powerful entry level sports car that offers the legendary comfort of a Cadillac, all at a reasonable price. Plus its unique Cadillac lines always cause heads to turn.

Suggested Improvements

Interior dash is a little plain. But still very comfortable interior

Great Car
By Misty

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I Love the car.I was looking for a car that was very sporty but not a 2 door sports car. I am 27 & even though it has 4 doors it isn't a family car...

Favorite Features

The Body Style Is Eyecatching!

2005 CTS
By Wesley B. Payne

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

CTS is a very solid and potent driver. The handling is firm and responsive. The 3.6 L v6 is snappy and gives confidence. Overall it is a pleasure to drive and has a very sporty feel, yet still provides comfort for long hauls.

Favorite Features

Instrumentation is simple yet effective. Seating is comfortable and stylish. Exterior is stylish and nicely finished. Good paint helps.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a more giving tire would help smooth out the ride. It is firm. Interior could use a little more eye catching trim. Perhaps a little more wood.

Great 4 Door Sports luxury car.
By Beverly J. Vaughn

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My husband drives CTS all the time. He is 62 and drives the CTS like he is 25. The accelleration is extremely good against similar foreign autos. Although it is a 4 door sports car it does ride well. The 10 way seats allow us to ride very comfortablly while we listen to SUNNY (24) on the satelite radio. Handling is teriffic. Sure wish the V8 wasn't so expensive after all I am 76 years young. Happy Motoring.

Favorite Features

Comfort and performance.

Suggested Improvements

none

Mega Car
By Mike

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Not sure what Edmunds say that this car can't keep up with it's competitors. This is an unbelievable automobile. Its fast, handles like nothing else in its bracket, and looks great. Just ask the all the gawkers to look at this car when it passes by. My is car black and black and it looks great. Have 28,000 miles on it with no quality problems, in fact brake wear is fantastic. All in all this is car with no competition.

Favorite Features

Handling, looks, muscle.

Suggested Improvements

Radio, tires (should have a better preforming tire on a machine like this).

"Porsche Driving" Husband Loves it, too!
By Beverly Hynes

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The CTS has the look and comfort of luxury with the power to accelerate quickly if needed. It has a sturdy safe feel on the highway and controls are easily reached without cumbersome search while driving. We love it.

Favorite Features

We love the look, comfort, and smooth ride with the power we wanted. It has a GREAT turning radius for a luxury car making parking very easy.

Suggested Improvements

We wish the gas tank door was on the driver's side rather than the passenger side. The console in front between the seats is cumbersome to open.

The best car I have had so far
By Sean

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car drives so smooth, has the power to do what I want and the styling that sets it apart. I have owned Mercedes, Jaguar and BMW so I never expected that a GM car would knock my socks off! Almost a year and I still love it.

Favorite Features

ride, comfort, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Interior could use an update, so much plastic. The navigation input is a bit dated.

Had my '05 CTS for 3 months now; Great!
By zman

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my '05 CTS about 3 months ago. I certainly was impressed with the performance when I test drove it, but now that I'm living with the car on a day to day level, it had exceeded my expectations. It's not only a good daily driver, but is a great weekender sports sedan for those winding, mountain roads.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is the selectable transmission modes that come with the 5-speed auto. Normal is good for economy, but the "S" mode is good for pleasure (performance) driving.

Suggested Improvements

The interior could use some better appointments and trim.

Amazing
By eileen

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent drive and appearance. I've driven vans/SUV's for over 20 years and was hesitant to purchase a sedan. But I've found the CTS to have great visibility and a very stable feel on the road. My sister-in-law and neighbor both purchased a CTS over the past two years and they both love it! It was due to their testimony that we even considered test driving one. We went to many dealerships and saw numerous other makes and models, but didn't see anything that compared to the look, drive, and pricing of our CTS. Our backseat passengers stated there was plenty of leg room and their ride was great. Our sound system is good, On-Star and hands free phone is great.

Favorite Features

Style and "silver green" color. Seats are comfortable and adjust to your individual selections. Air bag system was one of our main features we were looking for. OnStar and phone were icing on the cake.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe more wood trim in the cabin. And please move the parking brake from the hood opener! Everyone I know that drives a CTS has opened their hood instead of releasing the parking brake!

the not over saturated lux. sport sedan
By tara

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car, first off I stand out from all the other cars in it's class because there is just not as many of them out there. The car really turns heads. The performance is all there along with a great feel and smooth ride (without the boat like feel of the Cadillac of the past).

Favorite Features

programmable steering wheel controls, now i choose what i want at my fingertips...with the choice of 41 differnt featurs.

Suggested Improvements

Although i love the size of the vehicle, i would suggest there be a little more leg room for the rear passengers. If you are over 7 it is hard to be comfortable back there.