Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

My 3.6L CTS Experience
By breaga01

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Very quick responsive fun car to drive. All that fun is hard on the tires as I found out when I had to replace them at 25K. A great looking car unique to Cadillac, It's easy not to confuse it with other cars because of its styling.

Favorite Features

Full Ebony interior and lack of wood grain. The fact that the styling is not an old man's car and it does not have woodgrain on the dash or console.

Suggested Improvements

Remote start. Better computer display (too much on the radio display), better radio. Take the volume dial off the steering wheel(dumb). Add rain sense wipers and outside auto dimming mirrors as standard equipment. Limit wood grain to door handles, shifter and steering wheel. Add some carbon fiber to interior.

Loads of Fun!
By rhaydon

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Cadillac, although my parents have had several over the years so I am familiar with them. I am 37 yrs old and absolutely love this car! I have the 3.6L V6 and it gets about 26 mpg highway and 19 mpg city. I average about 24 mpg and I step into the pedal quite often. It did have to go back to the dealer at about 3000 miles when the car started pulling to the left for no apparent reason. It took 2 trips to the dealer, but they figured out it was a failed steering gear and replaced it under warranty. Overall, this car is superb!

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, performance, handling. I love the programmable steering wheel buttons and the customizable stereo. The heated seats are really nice.

Suggested Improvements

Please recess or redesign the steering wheel volume knob. It is too easy to bump it now. Ventilated front seats would be awesome! Larger rims (like the CTS-V) would really dress this work of art up.

Good Bye Lincoln (For Now)
By JJL

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2005 CTS V6 3.6L Hi Feature several months ago. I still can't stop looking at it. The design is very eye catching and has practical aerodynamic application. The interior is designed well. The control panel is easy to get to and manipulate. The bucket seats keep me comfortable during my long drives. The navigation system has saved me more than once. The handling is very stiff and sporty. I was surprised at the turn radius. After driving a Lincoln LS for several years, I would have to say that this is a slight step up.

Favorite Features

The body stylilng is sleek and very appealing. The leather seats and wood accents are great. I really like the stereo system,Bose speakers and the Nav system. The handling and performance at speeds of 70mph plus are great.

Suggested Improvements

The only issues I have is the body composition (too much plastic) and the pick up. I don't get the G's when I do a hard acceleration (V8's may provide a different experience).

Nice Car, but Still Some Things to Improve
By r41866

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

The CTS has a small turning radius and good traction, even in rainy days. It also has very good braking performance. Its acceleration is not very impressive, but maybe it is due to the heavy weight. Its fuel efficiency is so so. Its ride is comfortable, except that the engine noise is quite loud. Its quality is OK, except for a problem with the automatic window.

Favorite Features

The exterior design, traction control, and small turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

The interior design, engine noise, and fuel efficiency.

GM Does it Right!
By Greg

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is done right. From comfort, to performance, to reliability, to quality, it is the best American car on the market. It is the best car I have ever owned. I have never considered buying the same model car twice, but I can't wait to buy my next CTS. The CTS rocks!

Favorite Features

Performance, performance, performance.

Suggested Improvements

It should have a telescoping steering column, an iPod connection, and front seat cell phone connection (cigarette lighter) on the lower dash, not in the change holder (ash tray).