Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Good but good be better
By jjnewlife

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Our CTS has been mostly reliable save for the electronic dash that seems to go black every so often. Shutting off the car for a few minutes brings it back. Check engine light came on once. Dealer could not find the fault. Reset and been ok since. A car of this price should have more than an ugly black plastic dash. (something GM changed in 2008) Minus? Depreciation. The worst I ever experienced. This 3 year old car is not even worth 40% of what it cost new. Seat belts are awful. No passenger grab handle. Quite an omission in a $45,000 car. Overall the CTS is a very fine $25-30k automobile. But $45K? Forget it.

XM Radio, handling and performance, good looks. Competitive warranty.

Better looking dashboard, adjustable seat belts, grab handle for passenger. Don't get a sunroof if you are over 6'. Changing the rear tail light bulbs is a major hassle.

Satisfied
By Gloria

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The leather on the driver's side started to split and have dry cracks in less then three years old and I wonder if it is due to the heating element in the seats. This is the first time having the heating element on my seat and I welcome this during the winter months but the leather did not last. The leather type material around the joy stick element is starting to peel exposing the metal. The black paint around the stereo CD is starting to peel as well. The electronic seats on the driver's side starts to squeak when it goes forward and backwards. Don't know what causes this when the passenger seat does not make this sound.

I like the heating elements on the seats during the winter months. I like the passenger side mirrors especially when you reverse the car. I like the seat adjustments for height and comfort. It does has a smooth drive.

More comfortable seats and feel soft like the volvo seats. Toucher leather to withstand the heat and not wear out so fast. A foot relaxer on the driver's side. Better mirrors and glove compartments.

Cool Chicks Cruise in Caddy's
By caddy girl

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The Cadillac CTS rocks in its sporty style and luxury styling. I never thought I'd be a Caddy girl but I feel glamorous behind the wheel and rock out with the superb sound system. I cannot wait for the 09 CTS-V and STS-V. Quite frankly, I could afford the other luxury vehicles (BMW, Mercedes, Audi) but none of them had the same qualities I found in my CTS. My Cadillac is as hot as a pin-up girl - everyone takes a second look because she's smokin' hot! I'm proud to be a Caddy girl!

It just looks beautiful. Sound system is excellent and you cannot beat OnStar service.

Getting two for the price of one since its hard to decide on a color!

Snow Joke
By CawfeeTawk

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

While I've thoroughly enjoyed the way this car handles and drives, it's a nightmare in the snow. Long Island,NY had only 3 snowy days, one with real accumulation. This car couldn't even negotiate a one inch ridge of icy snow leaving me unable to get of a parking space. I needed to be towed a few times over the winter because the rear wheel drive is so inadequate (even with "Stabili-trac & snow traction engaged). I never had this issue with front wheel drive cars and I would never buy or lease a rear-wheel-drive vehicle again. With that said, if an all-wheel-drive version is available and affordable, I'd be in it in a NY minute.

Peppy acceleration, responsive handling, nice, comfortable ride. The size is perfect for my lifestyle which sometimes includes driving with a few people in the rear seat.

All wheel drive should be offered as an affordable option!

Good Car!
By DB

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Very nice looking car. Very road worthly. Fun to drive. Two years old and no problems.

Handling.

Make navigation a standard feature.