2005 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Black Raven CTS
By 2005 CTS on 07/31/05 14:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have (and do) owned BMW's for years. I am a member of BMWCCA and really appreciate these cars but I was ready for something different. I love this CTS as does my wife who is not a "car person." I have not had any type of problem in these first 9 months. My car is black with all options made plus numerous dealer extras, rear spoiler, back-up light louvers, grill, custom ss exhaust system, cold air intake, complete interior wood and more. Often people stop me to say it is beautiful and ask more about it. I am a car nut and not easy to please but this one has done it. Style is of course a matter of taste but I think this has it all. I have heard some negatives on the interior but do not agree.

A delight to drive and own
By dvc on 07/28/05 20:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fourth Cadillac of this ilk: two Cateras and now two CTS. Obviously I have been highly satisfied with all, despite critics who bemoaned the "unreliability" of the Cateras (not true) and the "lack of information" on the '03 CTS. My experience is that the latest CTS is a great car: fine performance, wonderful design and absolutely no trouble.

Need more like this in Europe!
By martin on 07/28/05 16:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I ever had. Last one was a Mercedes, but this one...

What a thrill!
By Jim Stewart on 07/22/05 12:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The power is exhilarating! The road maneverabilty is great. It corners very well and it turns around "on a dime". I highly recommend the CTS to everyone.

2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6
By Ken Neal on 07/10/05 11:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Have not had any problems. Fun car to drive not only the accelerating but it hangs to the road with a small turning radius.

Great Design; Sub-Standard Paint Job
By JERRY on 07/03/05 14:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. It has a unique design and distinctive performance. It is super! Now for the cynical part of me: My unit has the "Diamond White" optional exterior paint, which cost $995 retail; $860 GM Employee price. As you know, the factory robotic spray paint booth does its job flawlessly. From 10 feet away, the car is very nice and pretty. From 2 feet away, the exterior white paint is rippled (like waves on a lake) and the final clear coat paint is noticeably dimpled. Not a world-class effort, IMO. I did not appreciate paying extra for a sub-standard simple white application. A much smoother paint job could have been programmed into the robots.

World Class
By SteveB on 06/29/05 13:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

While many would argue that buying a Cadillac vs. a Lexus is crazy, the simple fact is that I purchased a car based on the enjoyment I recieve while driving it instead of considering only the "re-sale" price for the next owner. The CTS handles very well (this from someone that used to race Camaros in SCCA autocross), it has plenty of power for normal (and somewhat spitited) driving and fits the driver like a four door Trans-Am. The rear seat provides plenty of room for "adults" vs many competitiors that provide onlly enough leg room for pre- schoolers. In other words, if you are considering a BMW, Mercedes C-Class, or Lexus ES or IS, you would do well to drive a CTS before buying.

Cadillac a winner
By Cadillac done right on 06/29/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had many new cars, this is my first Cadillac but will not be my last. I am very satisfied with the ride and performance. Everything works and works well. I looked at Audi, BMW and Benz models in this price range and they did not come close to ride, roominess or smooth performance.

Excellence from Cadillac
By James Westwick on 06/25/05 14:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I tried hard to hear a squeak, feel a vibration, receive a jolt from hitting a pothole. No Success. After some twenty years of Nissans, Mercedes and Porsches, I am now back to a good old American-built car. The Cadillac CTS has it all -- whether on a superhighway or in the driveway. Solid, positive handlng, even a powerful engine that runs on 87-octane fuel. Who would have thought?

Excellent Choice
By Anthony on 06/24/05 20:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent choice. You get a powerful entry level sports car that offers the legendary comfort of a Cadillac, all at a reasonable price. Plus its unique Cadillac lines always cause heads to turn.