2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Cadillac Builds a Winner
By JHoss on 11/28/05 21:22 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

My new 2.8L CTS rocks. The design, performance, and interior quality are extremely impressive. The 2.8L engine provides impressive acceleration.

Best in it's class
By CadillacMan on 10/29/05 10:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Before I got my CTS this year I was driving a 2003 Cadillac Catera, which the CTS replaced. The Catera was a poor attempt to compete with the other luxury automakers who had made entry level automobiles. The CTS though is a vast improvement that not only looks better, but drives better, and comes with much more standard equipment and even better options. This has been one of the best cars that Cadillac has made so far. I would guess that the CTS is probably one of Cadillac's most successful vehicles since the STS, which also took the same form as the CTS when they were remaking the Sevilles. It is just a little larger but for the most part it is the same car. The CTS is also nicely priced.

Very pleased
By Mine! on 10/28/05 12:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Cadillac - I was considering my first non-American purchase since buying a used Honda from a family member several years ago. My father has had several and purchased an STS in the past couple of months in black - which was the color I thought I wanted. When I put my feature list together, the dealer could DX the car in silver, white or red. I love the red! People make a point to tell me they like the car.

Loving my CTS
By NatsCTS on 10/24/05 19:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My CTS is very nice, I enjoy driving it. I have had no trouble at all with it and it's sleek and sexy. It handles the road with such precision. Test drive one and see for yourself!

CTS
By Bill on 09/29/05 20:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car based on the style and a friend's enthusiastic endorsement. It's a good riding car, but the engine runs much rougher than my Honda's ever did. I am kind of disappointed with all the plastic in the interior and with the low gas mileage. The cigarette lighter hasn't worked since I drove it off the lot. But...everyone loves the styling.

Not a Real Standout.
By Ron on 09/01/05 14:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had mine for 5 months with 5,000 miles on it. I like the car generally, for the reasons I purchased it - stand out design, performance. However, I think it's a pretty average GM car in most ways. It lacks the "luxury" amenities you would find in other cars of this price range. For example, you get the same generic key fob as a Chevy Astro with no standard alarm or window roll down feature. And no locking fuel door? Are you kidding me? And while the performance is good, it's nothing to write home about. Assembly is not that good either. Rear bumper cover feels loose, and the passenger doors have to be slammed to be shut properly. While these aren't critical issues, this car can improve.

Cadillac CTS 2005
By Everett Coker on 08/26/05 02:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The ride is smooth and the handling is good. Car responded when asked and was quiet while riding. A/C could be a little quiter.

Incredible Car
By Nick on 08/13/05 20:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for six months and 15,000 kms with no problems. It is great to drive, the transmission is silky smooth, and it has great power in all ranges. GM has a winner here.

My New Car Experience
By Ken on 08/13/05 17:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have not gotten the performance or gas milage that I understood that I would get. I don't know what is wrong with my car but it is not the same car that is discribed in these reviews. It just does not measure up to other cars that I have owned.

Sharp car, great performance & handling
By cadillacmike on 08/13/05 00:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 6th Cadillac, and my wife absolutely loves it even if she won't admit it. It has rather sharp styling (I like the STS better) but everyone likes it. The black is real nice when it's clean. Power and handling are superb, interior comfort is unsurprassed, and Cadillac continues to refine their memory system, this car can remember the seat position, radio settings, climate control, exit preference, Twilight Sentinel settings, mirrors, and it even has a personalized name for each key holder! The XM Satellite radio is superb. We were originally not going to get the navigation system, but once she found out that it can play DVD movies it was all over. You can even watch while driving!