2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Satisfied
By Gloria on 07/06/08 11:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The leather on the driver's side started to split and have dry cracks in less then three years old and I wonder if it is due to the heating element in the seats. This is the first time having the heating element on my seat and I welcome this during the winter months but the leather did not last. The leather type material around the joy stick element is starting to peel exposing the metal. The black paint around the stereo CD is starting to peel as well. The electronic seats on the driver's side starts to squeak when it goes forward and backwards. Don't know what causes this when the passenger seat does not make this sound.

Cool Chicks Cruise in Caddy's
By caddy girl on 10/15/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The Cadillac CTS rocks in its sporty style and luxury styling. I never thought I'd be a Caddy girl but I feel glamorous behind the wheel and rock out with the superb sound system. I cannot wait for the 09 CTS-V and STS-V. Quite frankly, I could afford the other luxury vehicles (BMW, Mercedes, Audi) but none of them had the same qualities I found in my CTS. My Cadillac is as hot as a pin-up girl - everyone takes a second look because she's smokin' hot! I'm proud to be a Caddy girl!

Snow Joke
By CawfeeTawk on 09/22/07 07:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

While I've thoroughly enjoyed the way this car handles and drives, it's a nightmare in the snow. Long Island,NY had only 3 snowy days, one with real accumulation. This car couldn't even negotiate a one inch ridge of icy snow leaving me unable to get of a parking space. I needed to be towed a few times over the winter because the rear wheel drive is so inadequate (even with "Stabili-trac & snow traction engaged). I never had this issue with front wheel drive cars and I would never buy or lease a rear-wheel-drive vehicle again. With that said, if an all-wheel-drive version is available and affordable, I'd be in it in a NY minute.

Good Car!
By DB on 07/08/07 20:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Very nice looking car. Very road worthly. Fun to drive. Two years old and no problems.

My 3.6L CTS Experience
By breaga01 on 07/03/07 10:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Very quick responsive fun car to drive. All that fun is hard on the tires as I found out when I had to replace them at 25K. A great looking car unique to Cadillac, It's easy not to confuse it with other cars because of its styling.

Loads of Fun!
By rhaydon on 07/01/07 14:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Cadillac, although my parents have had several over the years so I am familiar with them. I am 37 yrs old and absolutely love this car! I have the 3.6L V6 and it gets about 26 mpg highway and 19 mpg city. I average about 24 mpg and I step into the pedal quite often. It did have to go back to the dealer at about 3000 miles when the car started pulling to the left for no apparent reason. It took 2 trips to the dealer, but they figured out it was a failed steering gear and replaced it under warranty. Overall, this car is superb!

Good Bye Lincoln (For Now)
By JJL on 04/12/07 03:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2005 CTS V6 3.6L Hi Feature several months ago. I still can't stop looking at it. The design is very eye catching and has practical aerodynamic application. The interior is designed well. The control panel is easy to get to and manipulate. The bucket seats keep me comfortable during my long drives. The navigation system has saved me more than once. The handling is very stiff and sporty. I was surprised at the turn radius. After driving a Lincoln LS for several years, I would have to say that this is a slight step up.

Nice Car, but Still Some Things to Improve
By r41866 on 02/14/07 12:55 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

The CTS has a small turning radius and good traction, even in rainy days. It also has very good braking performance. Its acceleration is not very impressive, but maybe it is due to the heavy weight. Its fuel efficiency is so so. Its ride is comfortable, except that the engine noise is quite loud. Its quality is OK, except for a problem with the automatic window.

GM Does it Right!
By Greg on 01/12/07 13:11 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is done right. From comfort, to performance, to reliability, to quality, it is the best American car on the market. It is the best car I have ever owned. I have never considered buying the same model car twice, but I can't wait to buy my next CTS. The CTS rocks!

Not too Great for a Cadillac
By Mike on 10/11/06 18:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

It has been many years since I have had a new vehicle spend so much time in the shop. Almost immediately I had problems with the rear end. They performed a bulletin on it but it was back in the shop a few weeks after with the same problem. Then they replaced the whole rear end. Next it was check engine lights. Then they replaced the gas tank. Next the rear end problem came back. Then came more check engine light problems. And then less intrusive problems started happening like the finish chipping off the most used control knobs, problems with the driver's power seat, problems with the nav system. I was ultimately pretty disappointed in this great looking Cadillac.