Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

Incredible Car
By Nick

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for six months and 15,000 kms with no problems. It is great to drive, the transmission is silky smooth, and it has great power in all ranges. GM has a winner here.

The Bose stereo.

None come to mind.

My New Car Experience
By Ken

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have not gotten the performance or gas milage that I understood that I would get. I don't know what is wrong with my car but it is not the same car that is discribed in these reviews. It just does not measure up to other cars that I have owned.

Looks.

I don't know how to answer this as others who owners of this car seem to have gotten a much better car than I have. I traded in a vehicle that was much better than this one and I think that I paid way too much for this car as it does not perform up the the standard that I expected.

Sharp car, great performance & handling
By cadillacmike

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 6th Cadillac, and my wife absolutely loves it even if she won't admit it. It has rather sharp styling (I like the STS better) but everyone likes it. The black is real nice when it's clean. Power and handling are superb, interior comfort is unsurprassed, and Cadillac continues to refine their memory system, this car can remember the seat position, radio settings, climate control, exit preference, Twilight Sentinel settings, mirrors, and it even has a personalized name for each key holder! The XM Satellite radio is superb. We were originally not going to get the navigation system, but once she found out that it can play DVD movies it was all over. You can even watch while driving!

Engine performance, handling, personalized memory settings, interior room, fuel economy, nice polished wheels, Nav system that can play DVD movies, XM Satellite radio and Bose audio system - nicely integrated with the Navigation system.

Why did Cadillac delete the automatic parking brake pulloff? They also seem to have deleted the cornering lights and the power trunk pulldown?! The car should have chrome exhaust tips with the $8,000 option package which my car has. Better colors are Silver, Blue or Stealth Grey.

Black Raven CTS
By 2005 CTS

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have (and do) owned BMW's for years. I am a member of BMWCCA and really appreciate these cars but I was ready for something different. I love this CTS as does my wife who is not a "car person." I have not had any type of problem in these first 9 months. My car is black with all options made plus numerous dealer extras, rear spoiler, back-up light louvers, grill, custom ss exhaust system, cold air intake, complete interior wood and more. Often people stop me to say it is beautiful and ask more about it. I am a car nut and not easy to please but this one has done it. Style is of course a matter of taste but I think this has it all. I have heard some negatives on the interior but do not agree.

The engine with varible valve timing producing excellent power at any RPM range or speed. The navigation system, satelite radio, and OnStar are great. It drives very solid with excellent brakes and handling.

I do not know of anything at this time.

A delight to drive and own
By dvc

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fourth Cadillac of this ilk: two Cateras and now two CTS. Obviously I have been highly satisfied with all, despite critics who bemoaned the "unreliability" of the Cateras (not true) and the "lack of information" on the '03 CTS. My experience is that the latest CTS is a great car: fine performance, wonderful design and absolutely no trouble.

Design, nice acceleration, precision steering and body solidity.