Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

CTS
By Bill

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car based on the style and a friend's enthusiastic endorsement. It's a good riding car, but the engine runs much rougher than my Honda's ever did. I am kind of disappointed with all the plastic in the interior and with the low gas mileage. The cigarette lighter hasn't worked since I drove it off the lot. But...everyone loves the styling.

Styling and electronics.

Add a fold down rear seat. Less plastic in the interior. Re-designed ashtray with a light. Bigger glove compartment.

Not a Real Standout.
By Ron

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had mine for 5 months with 5,000 miles on it. I like the car generally, for the reasons I purchased it - stand out design, performance. However, I think it's a pretty average GM car in most ways. It lacks the "luxury" amenities you would find in other cars of this price range. For example, you get the same generic key fob as a Chevy Astro with no standard alarm or window roll down feature. And no locking fuel door? Are you kidding me? And while the performance is good, it's nothing to write home about. Assembly is not that good either. Rear bumper cover feels loose, and the passenger doors have to be slammed to be shut properly. While these aren't critical issues, this car can improve.

Overall performance; handling; small turning radius; unique styling; navigation system

Usable sized glovebox; locking fuel door; fold-down rear seat.

Cadillac CTS 2005
By Everett Coker

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The ride is smooth and the handling is good. Car responded when asked and was quiet while riding. A/C could be a little quiter.

Style, performance and size is perfect. The interior is great and comfortable. I like the dual a/c feature and the dual exhaust.

Quiter A/C is the only thing I can think of.

Incredible Car
By Nick

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for six months and 15,000 kms with no problems. It is great to drive, the transmission is silky smooth, and it has great power in all ranges. GM has a winner here.

The Bose stereo.

None come to mind.

My New Car Experience
By Ken

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have not gotten the performance or gas milage that I understood that I would get. I don't know what is wrong with my car but it is not the same car that is discribed in these reviews. It just does not measure up to other cars that I have owned.

Looks.

I don't know how to answer this as others who owners of this car seem to have gotten a much better car than I have. I traded in a vehicle that was much better than this one and I think that I paid way too much for this car as it does not perform up the the standard that I expected.