2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Took me by surprise
By ringsoft on 01/01/05 23:14 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Drove lots of the top-of-the line imports, then after driving a top-of-the-line Saab spotted the CTS on the lot of the same dealer and asked to drive it. Cadillac was not on my list of cars to test so imagine my surprise when I was amazed by the performance. Continued on my new car quest with more import test drives, and after all was done ended up back at the Cadillac dealer and purchased the CTS. Not only did I get a fantastic car I got a fantastic deal ... with the current weakness of the dollar against foreign currency (esp. the Euro) I saved many thousands. The CTS is a true "Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde" car ... a luxury car that turns into a raw sports car at the whim of the driver.

Love this Caddy!
By Pastor D on 01/01/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The CTS is my fifth car and I am proud to say I am once again a Caddy owner. This car is beautiful, priced just right, and exciting to drive! While searching for the perfect new car, I drove the Mercedes-Benz C-Class and was utterly dissappointed! I also test drove the Acura TSX and had similar sentiments. Nothing impressed me the way the CTS did. I highly recommend this car to all!

New Fan of CTS
By cadaddy on 01/01/05 12:31 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first venture into the luxury market and the CTS is a real nice blend of luxury and performance. The size is just right and the features are great for a personal car. A 6 CD dash-mounted player, satellite radio and OnStar handle all the entertainment and the 3.6L engine is strong enough for quick driving (I couldn't justify getting the more expensive V-series and it's potential for speeding tickets). My only complaint is an amplifier that has not performed a few times, rendering the radio silent. It was diagnosed and will soon be fixed when I get the time. I got the redline color and the 17 inch chrome wheels. It is a beautiful car, although I may lose it to my wife.

Best Car I've Owned
By 05 6 speed on 12/31/04 15:39 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a 2000 VW New Bettle, and a 1997 Saturn SC2 since graduating college, and my 2005 Cadillac CTS is the best car that I've ever owned, hands down. Its sharp and agile steering with a powerful engine makes this car a winner. I get lots of stares and appreciative comments on looks.

2005 CTS
By bmarkdc on 12/24/04 19:18 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car. Had to order it, couldnt find the 6 speed anywhere. It took about 8 weeks to get, but was well worth it. I get compliments all the time.

Best Sedan on the Market
By JCP on 12/23/04 17:49 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This was a long process of comparing price ranges and ameneties, and Cadillac was the clear winner. I have the Sport & Luxury packages and for the money, could not be happier. If you like manual shifters, this is the smoothest in low to high speeds and gives punch when needed. Great car.

Exceptional Car
By ResearchDev on 12/23/04 16:25 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a car buff who has raced cars and motorcycles, and have owned Mercedes, Jag, and Volvo. This CTS, with the Luxury Sport package, outclasses any European or Japanese car within range. The car is one more reason to buy American.

under rated
By diver on 12/18/04 15:39 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

2005 CTS with the perks will cost ya around 40000 but the car will exceed all the you have heard about. The 255 hp can push the car up to 130 mph not bad. Handling with the sport package is very good. The decor is not as refined as its german buds but the room you get inside the cab is great and more than makes up the difference. its my fist GM car in yrs

2004 3.6 cts cadillac sedan
By paul selby on 12/15/04 23:12 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

the cts with the 3.6 engine has the best engine, trans mission combination I have ever driven. the 4 wheel disk brakes,and nemble handling, make it a very fun car to drive.

Great Car!
By Bob on 12/14/04 10:50 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

WOW! I love the styling, comfort and performance of the 2005 Cadillac CTS. I have the 3.6L engine with the manual transmission and no other options. This car's MSRP was $32,545 and I received $7,750 in incentives from General Motors. The manual feels faster than the auto and is much more fun to drive.