Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

My New 04 CTS
By xtranaut

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Now, you might think me sick. I just traded my 2001 Jaguar XKR for a 2004 CTS. Object: get practical and stay sporty. First drive on the car - great, smooth, and agile on the freeway. Around town, it is noisy and a little clunky though. I have the sport suspension. This car is loaded except for navigation. The interior trim is really American cheesy. Why can these automakers spend a little more to make a little more? You can't play with the Germans and Japanese unless you at least MEET their specs. The dealer did a faux CTS-V package with mesh grille, spoiler, and 18 wheels (from STS) with new Michelins. Plus the color is a premium red. It looks like a hot streak. It is only what Chevy should have done with Impala.

Favorite Features

I love the body style, 3.6 260 engine, OnStar, and Bose stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the chessy plastic interior, put 18 inch wheels stock, shorten the car, and put a 300 hp Northstar motor in as an option.

Cadillac Builds a Winner
By JHoss

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

My new 2.8L CTS rocks. The design, performance, and interior quality are extremely impressive. The 2.8L engine provides impressive acceleration.

Favorite Features

The XM satellite radio and sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Better packaging options .

Best in it's class
By CadillacMan

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Before I got my CTS this year I was driving a 2003 Cadillac Catera, which the CTS replaced. The Catera was a poor attempt to compete with the other luxury automakers who had made entry level automobiles. The CTS though is a vast improvement that not only looks better, but drives better, and comes with much more standard equipment and even better options. This has been one of the best cars that Cadillac has made so far. I would guess that the CTS is probably one of Cadillac's most successful vehicles since the STS, which also took the same form as the CTS when they were remaking the Sevilles. It is just a little larger but for the most part it is the same car. The CTS is also nicely priced.

Favorite Features

My favorite features about this car are the sport shift which allows me to drive it as if it was a manual, the adapative cruise control which allows me to speed up and also slow down without having to push the gas or the break, and the power moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Well to compete with it's similar vehicles in its class, such as Lexus and BMW I would sugguest that the CTS has the new tehcnology of push start which is in the STS. I would also sugguest that they have run flat tires like the BMW so that it looks more sporty. This is a feature that is in demand.

Very pleased
By Mine!

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Cadillac - I was considering my first non-American purchase since buying a used Honda from a family member several years ago. My father has had several and purchased an STS in the past couple of months in black - which was the color I thought I wanted. When I put my feature list together, the dealer could DX the car in silver, white or red. I love the red! People make a point to tell me they like the car.

Favorite Features

Complete air bag system - may I never have to use it, but I feel safe in this car. Bose stereo - set for driver's side, nice! Great manuvering. I drive it 100 miles every day I go to work - on the Beltway it is great.

Suggested Improvements

A glove box that fits more than the owners manual. But really, if I get more passenger legroom and a safer airbag configuration, that is worth it.

Loving my CTS
By NatsCTS

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My CTS is very nice, I enjoy driving it. I have had no trouble at all with it and it's sleek and sexy. It handles the road with such precision. Test drive one and see for yourself!

Favorite Features

Adjusting and heated seats, the wood interior and the fabulous leather seating, WOW.

Suggested Improvements

None