2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
Sport Mode
By Steven Russo on 02/11/05 22:58 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

For the dollar, I feel that the Cadillac CTS is untouchable. After reading the other reviews, I noticed that no one has mentioned the ability of this car set in Sport Mode! Next to the gear shift display it has are two buttons. One is for driving in the snow and the other to place the car in the sport mode. The sport mode changes the configuration of the transmission. Test drive the car and push the button to sport mode. You will leave all competitors behind. The salesman at the dealership thought it changed the suspension, but this is not true. It's absolutely incredible how this automobile performs in this mode. It is not recommended for normal driving, for your gas milage will decrease dramatically. Test drive it!

2005 Cadillac CTS
By Cathy on 02/08/05 16:12 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Although I have always loved speed (I traded in an 02 Camaro) I got the small 6-cylinder engine in my 2005 Cadillac CTS. It handles beautifully, and has a button on the shift to switch into sport mode. This car has great pickup and a smooth ride.

I like my CTS
By Margaret on 01/22/05 13:22 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have only had my Cadillac CTS for 22 days, but I already like the way it handles. It has a short turn radius, and I like the way it responds with the speed I need when I need it. It is a pleasure to drive - a great car.

I like my CTS
By Margaret on 01/22/05 13:22 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have only had my Cadillac CTS for 22 days, but I already like the way it handles. It has a short turning radius, and I like the way it responds with the speed that I need when I need it. It is a pleasure to drive, a great car.

Love My CTS
By PaulCTS on 01/21/05 02:11 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought my 2005 Cadillac CTS, moonstone/ebony, with every option except navigation. I am very happy with my purchase. I also drove the Mercedes-Benz C320 (too small), the Infiniti G35 (too cheap an interior), the BMW 330i (again too small) and found the CTS to have the most power, the most room, and the most unique look. And since not everyone has one, there is some exclusivity to having one. I traded my 2003 Deville DHS, gave up some room, but gained a lot more sport.

CTS - the Import Fighter
By CTS the Drivers Car on 01/19/05 20:14 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The 2005 Cadillac CTS is just great all around. I love the design on the exterior, it is just stunning. The interior is just as great, I find it to be very comfortable, and luxurious. The performance is even better, you really feel the accelration of the V6 rated at 255 hp. The control of the vehicle is very good as well, I really feel in control when driving. It has a very solid, strong feel to it, and it feels great on the road. It has a quiet cabin, with very good shocks.

Don't Purchase a Cadillac CTS
By carol cosentino on 01/19/05 12:55 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My 2005 Cadillac CTS looks great, but has a terrible ride. Going over a bump, the car shimmies and has bad tire bounce. The back seat is very uncomfortable due to the bouncing. I took it back to the dealer and was told that this is how the car rides, it has a sporty ride. Someone should have told us this before we purchased it. We cannot take it on long trips, it is too uncomfortable. Our Toyota Camry rides much better, for much less money. Also, I've had to replace the passenger rear tire twice due to flats. People have gotten into the car and asked if it has shocks. I test drove the car before purchaseing it and it did not ride like the one we bought.

Fort Myers, FL
By Fort Myers, FL on 01/11/05 17:15 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

A blast to drive! Traded in a Porsche Boxster for my Cadillac CTS and have been enjoying this car just as much, if not more. Its engine is responsive and its steering is a dream. I test drove a BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and a Lexus, but nothing has the look of a CTS. It is a very unique, muscular looking car.

Fun and Style
By P.L. Williams on 01/06/05 06:20 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

The 2005 Cadillac CTS has the power in its V6 engine to accelerate when needed. Its handling is very smooth and seems reliable. It's a joy to drive. It is extremely sporty for the price.

CAR TO HAVE
By KARL DIEHL on 01/05/05 16:42 PM (PST)

GREAT CAR TO DRIVE