Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

2005 CTS
By TGR

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My 2005 Cadillac CTS is a pleasure to drive. I drove it 3,800 miles in three weeks and had a blast. Its performance for a 255 hp V6 is great. The best part are the perks associated with Cadillac ownership. The Mid-Missouri dealership treats us like family. I will purchase again.

We like the looks, performance and safety features of the Cadillac. The memory features, OnStar, and XM radio are great. The car feels solid. My wife loves the heated seats.

Make the center dash between instruments and glove box so it sticks out little less. With the advanced electronics system, the radio should be made EASILY upgradable for a plug in XM radio system that will display on cars stereo screen if the customer chooses to upgrade after factory.

Luxury and Performance!
By CML

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My CTS is an amazing performance vehicle! What a great combination of luxury and performance! It is definitely the most fun car I've ever driven. It has incredible "pick-up" and gets out of the way of everyone rapidly. I get comments from even strangers regularly about "what a nice car" you have.

I love the navigation system! The Bose sound system is fantastic and XM Radio is a dream! I like everything about this car. Love the sunroof, and sport package!

It would be nice if the glove compartment was easier to get to and held more in it. A DC outlet for plug would also be great. The only one in the front is in the ashtray and is awkward to get to. There's nothing much to complain about here with this "stylin car."

My New 04 CTS
By xtranaut

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Now, you might think me sick. I just traded my 2001 Jaguar XKR for a 2004 CTS. Object: get practical and stay sporty. First drive on the car - great, smooth, and agile on the freeway. Around town, it is noisy and a little clunky though. I have the sport suspension. This car is loaded except for navigation. The interior trim is really American cheesy. Why can these automakers spend a little more to make a little more? You can't play with the Germans and Japanese unless you at least MEET their specs. The dealer did a faux CTS-V package with mesh grille, spoiler, and 18 wheels (from STS) with new Michelins. Plus the color is a premium red. It looks like a hot streak. It is only what Chevy should have done with Impala.

I love the body style, 3.6 260 engine, OnStar, and Bose stereo.

Improve the chessy plastic interior, put 18 inch wheels stock, shorten the car, and put a 300 hp Northstar motor in as an option.

Cadillac Builds a Winner
By JHoss

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

My new 2.8L CTS rocks. The design, performance, and interior quality are extremely impressive. The 2.8L engine provides impressive acceleration.

The XM satellite radio and sunroof.

Better packaging options .

Best in it's class
By CadillacMan

2005 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Before I got my CTS this year I was driving a 2003 Cadillac Catera, which the CTS replaced. The Catera was a poor attempt to compete with the other luxury automakers who had made entry level automobiles. The CTS though is a vast improvement that not only looks better, but drives better, and comes with much more standard equipment and even better options. This has been one of the best cars that Cadillac has made so far. I would guess that the CTS is probably one of Cadillac's most successful vehicles since the STS, which also took the same form as the CTS when they were remaking the Sevilles. It is just a little larger but for the most part it is the same car. The CTS is also nicely priced.

My favorite features about this car are the sport shift which allows me to drive it as if it was a manual, the adapative cruise control which allows me to speed up and also slow down without having to push the gas or the break, and the power moonroof.

Well to compete with it's similar vehicles in its class, such as Lexus and BMW I would sugguest that the CTS has the new tehcnology of push start which is in the STS. I would also sugguest that they have run flat tires like the BMW so that it looks more sporty. This is a feature that is in demand.

• SUV