Used 2005 Cadillac CTS Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:

CTS
By swaz

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my CTS since it had 8 miles. I got 75K miles out of the first set of brakes. I have maintained the car religiously. It is by far the worst car I have ever owned! I would not buy another Cadillac or any American car ever again. The quality stinks. The closer I have gotten to 100K miles the worse the car got. Was told by Capital in Atlanta, GA. "sorry, they didn't install an oil light in this year model". The car will alert you of everything, just not low oil.

The car is pretty and that is about it!

OIL LIGHT!

Disappointed New Car Owner
By Susan Burnett

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This purchase was the 1st new car I had ever made. I bought this particular car based on the recommendations made by Consumer Reports. As of today, I have owned it for a little over 4 years and, it has less than 46,000 miles on it. It has had the following problems: full set of replacment tires before 25,000 miles, a LOWER END OVERHAUL before 35,000 miles, a headlamp at 3 1/2 years, a battery at 4 years, a water pump at 45,000 miles, and numerous small problems. As of today, I most likely will never buy a new car again. I will, however, continue to buy GMC products.

I like the dial control volume on the steering wheel and front/back movability of the headrest (neither feature on newer models). I like the comfort of the seat, accesablity of the controls, programability of controls, view from the mirrors and amount of airbags.

Set a higher standard for making the overall mechanics of the car. Sometimes my foot gets caught getting in and out of the car. So, improving the design where you swing your feet out would help. Return my favorite features. Improve the sensitivity of the onstar system. Improve the window seals.

Nice Car, but Still Some Things to Improve
By r41866

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

The CTS has a small turning radius and good traction, even in rainy days. It also has very good braking performance. Its acceleration is not very impressive, but maybe it is due to the heavy weight. Its fuel efficiency is so so. Its ride is comfortable, except that the engine noise is quite loud. Its quality is OK, except for a problem with the automatic window.

The exterior design, traction control, and small turning radius.

The interior design, engine noise, and fuel efficiency.

CTS lives at the shop!
By Zldjan

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been nothing but problems from the day I received it. It has had problems with its electrical system, transmission, clutch, alignment, differential, driveshaft, tires, interior trim, you name it. I have had to make multiple trips to the dealer to get the same problem fixed. Me and the rental guy at Enterprise car rental are now on a first name basis At this point I have gotten GM customer service involved and I am hoping they come through and do the right thing. This is my first GM and so far Iím not so impressed with the quality, but the car is sexy and it has helped me meet some wonderful people in the towing and car rental industries.

The body style!

Improved quality, iPod docking, Bluetooth, better entry remote or nicer keys like the Benz or BMW.

CTS review
By ziskie

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

My CTS' handling has been exceptional. It glides down the highway and has gotten lots of "wows" on ride quality from friends who have been in it. The soundproofing and speaker system are very good. I like the style too - it sticks out in the crowd without being ostentatious. There are lots of BMWs and Mercedes where I live, but my Caddy looks better and gets more notice.

The very good turning radius - it makes U turns and tight angles a breeze.

Improve the city gas mileage, make the navigation system more intuitive - it is not easy to enter the destination you want to get to.