2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CTS model:
CTS
By swaz on 01/29/10 18:12 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my CTS since it had 8 miles. I got 75K miles out of the first set of brakes. I have maintained the car religiously. It is by far the worst car I have ever owned! I would not buy another Cadillac or any American car ever again. The quality stinks. The closer I have gotten to 100K miles the worse the car got. Was told by Capital in Atlanta, GA. "sorry, they didn't install an oil light in this year model". The car will alert you of everything, just not low oil.

Disappointed New Car Owner
By Susan Burnett on 10/03/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This purchase was the 1st new car I had ever made. I bought this particular car based on the recommendations made by Consumer Reports. As of today, I have owned it for a little over 4 years and, it has less than 46,000 miles on it. It has had the following problems: full set of replacment tires before 25,000 miles, a LOWER END OVERHAUL before 35,000 miles, a headlamp at 3 1/2 years, a battery at 4 years, a water pump at 45,000 miles, and numerous small problems. As of today, I most likely will never buy a new car again. I will, however, continue to buy GMC products.

Nice Car, but Still Some Things to Improve
By r41866 on 02/14/07 12:55 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

The CTS has a small turning radius and good traction, even in rainy days. It also has very good braking performance. Its acceleration is not very impressive, but maybe it is due to the heavy weight. Its fuel efficiency is so so. Its ride is comfortable, except that the engine noise is quite loud. Its quality is OK, except for a problem with the automatic window.

CTS lives at the shop!
By Zldjan on 03/27/06 14:21 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been nothing but problems from the day I received it. It has had problems with its electrical system, transmission, clutch, alignment, differential, driveshaft, tires, interior trim, you name it. I have had to make multiple trips to the dealer to get the same problem fixed. Me and the rental guy at Enterprise car rental are now on a first name basis At this point I have gotten GM customer service involved and I am hoping they come through and do the right thing. This is my first GM and so far I’m not so impressed with the quality, but the car is sexy and it has helped me meet some wonderful people in the towing and car rental industries.

CTS review
By ziskie on 02/27/06 07:45 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

My CTS' handling has been exceptional. It glides down the highway and has gotten lots of "wows" on ride quality from friends who have been in it. The soundproofing and speaker system are very good. I like the style too - it sticks out in the crowd without being ostentatious. There are lots of BMWs and Mercedes where I live, but my Caddy looks better and gets more notice.

Cadillac Builds a Winner
By JHoss on 11/28/05 21:22 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

My new 2.8L CTS rocks. The design, performance, and interior quality are extremely impressive. The 2.8L engine provides impressive acceleration.

CTS
By Bill on 09/29/05 20:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car based on the style and a friend's enthusiastic endorsement. It's a good riding car, but the engine runs much rougher than my Honda's ever did. I am kind of disappointed with all the plastic in the interior and with the low gas mileage. The cigarette lighter hasn't worked since I drove it off the lot. But...everyone loves the styling.

Need more like this in Europe!
By martin on 07/28/05 16:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I ever had. Last one was a Mercedes, but this one...

Check out this car
By Eric on 04/26/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

The Cadillac CTS is comfortable, has great performance, and has great looks. Anyone looking for a sports sedan that doesn't want to be cramped should check it out!

2005 Cadillac CTS - Great Car
By cts cadillac 2005 on 02/24/05 23:01 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Cadillac CTS. I had a BMW X5, but I like the CTS even better. My father had one and I always thoght Cadillacs were an old man's car untill I test drove the CTS and I really loved it. The look is great and it is very comfortable. Go test drive one yourself. Believe me you will buy it.