2004 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: Great On All Roads

2004 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.2L V6 5-speed Manual)

Great On All Roads
By John Morookian on

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I'm retired. Other than local driving, I take long trips with one or no passengers. My CTS's sport suspension, Stabilitrack, traction control, 17" Wheels, etc. make it handle great on Interstates and secondary roads. The seats allow comfort for 8 - 10 hours behind the wheel. I drive from Prescott, Arizona to both Southern and Northern California often. I have enjoyed separate drives to: the Canadian Rockies, Branson MO, Durango and Salida CO, Washington, D.C., Roswell NM, and Tombstone, AZ. I have installed a dashboard mounted GPS Navigation Unit that has proven invaluable. The fold-down rear seat-backs allow me to carry my Mountain Bike to nearby bike trails. It does what I want it to!

I like how this car gets up to 30 mpg on level Interstates at 70 mph. The V6 engine revs immediately and gives amazing passing power when called upon. The 5-speed automatic transmission complements the engine. The body is very solid and lets the driver know he is in control when using the excellent handling features.

Give it a larger pad for the driver to rest his left foot on. The top of the storage bin between the front seats should be same height as the left elbow rest pad on the driver's door, to allow the right elbow to be at a comfortable position. Improve the right-rear visibility when backing out of parking spaces at an angle, for safety.