Car from HELL
By newregal on
2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)
I purchased a new 04 cts which was my 15th new auto. It came from a Stephen King flick i think. Everything was changed out on it but the paint job and it had to be redone. I never had a car that had the instrument panel replaced before. I gave GM so much trouble they even made a monthly payment for me. Cadillac is the most overpriced car made. I would not buy another Cad at ANY PRICE. I don't have time for the problems. The dealer kept it more than i did. After 40,000 I finally justified getting rid of my problem. I traded the car from HELL. It actually made it to the new car dealer that i traded it to.
Favorite Features
When i had it at my house it looked good.
Suggested Improvements
Stop making cadillacs and save alot of people from having the same trouble and frustation that I had.
By 4u2no
on 08/17/11 20:42 PM (PDT)

How in the world did you get anything out of GM? I have contacted GM because like you I have had problems with my CTS from the time I bought it. Mine was not purchased new but like 50,000 miles and had problems right after I drove it off the lot. Long story short I have to put a whole new engine in mine and a new fuel sending unit! It does have 83,000 miles on it now, but you should not have to worry about an engine in an 04 Cadillac going out at that many miles. You are lucky you traded yours off as it seems lots of people with a CTS are having to replace their engines, some even at 40,000 miles!