2004 Cadillac CTS Consumer Review: BMW Killer

2004 Cadillac CTS - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.2L V6 5-speed Manual)

BMW Killer
By jeff on

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

When I was in the market for a new car, I was looking extensiviley for the best midsize luxury sedan, and did not care one bit about brand or price if I felt that the car was a good value. I ended up purchasing a 2004 Cadillac CTS. The best car to me means, in the highest 5% class of all cars made for safety, comfort, drivablity, performance, reliabilty, operating cost, and total value. Spending months investigating automotive publications and internet reviews, comparing detailed specification data, and driving many of the cars that met my stringent requirements, only two cars remained out of all the competitors. They were the BMW 5-series and the CTS. The one area that seperated the cars by a wide margin was CTS's high value/lower price for the better overall offering.

Suggested Improvements

Add a auxiliary power port on the front right side of the console so that elecric equipment can be operated from the front w/o the cord coming from the back or the ash tray having to be open. Additonal audio and command controls on the wheel to be able to manage the systems without removing your hands off the wheel.