Used 2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (200 reviews )

Dead Batteries and Dies Out When Driving
By Scott

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have been having problems with my 2004 Cadillac CTS since 7/2005 with the car dying out while driving on three occasions and I have had to have the battery changed twice. My car has been in the dealership for roughly one month while they are trying to figure out what is going on. They are not having much luck. They are only working on the dead battery problem. They gave up on finding out why the car dies out while driving. After my experience with the service level of the dealership and the Cadillac corporate people I would never buy another Cadillc. Buyer beware.

Styling and the ride is nice when the car runs.

Improve on reliability and service after the sale.

so far . . . so great
By steve

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

My 2004 Cadillac CTS becomes more fun to drive each time I take it out. The sport luxury package w/17 inch wheels, is smooth accelerating and handling. I just love this car. I also tested an Acura TL, but for some reason, I just wasn't that impressed.

The design, style, handling, and smooth ride.

Add a heated steering wheel.

A must drive!
By Glenn

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. I can say nothing bad about it and once you drive it, you will want it too!

Handling and acceleration in a luxury car, unbeataable!

It would be nice to have the Brembro brakes from the CTS-V as an option on the CTS.

Just purchased a 2004 Cadillac CTS
By tonelocdog

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I am only 24 years old, and I just want to say I am very impressed with my new 2004 Cadillac CTS. I am picking it up tomorrow, because thats when they will have it ready for me. So I don't have much experience with it except for taking it for a test drive, but boy am I impressed. I simply love the futuristic exterior, the whole outer body of this vehicle. Inside my car has an all black interior and is equipped with many updated features such as XM satellite radio, a wood trim steering wheel, an auto theft deterrent device, and the new stabilitc control system. Also, the lumbar cushioned seat is fantastic. I am similarly impreseed with the memory drivers seat. The car handles very smoothly like I am floating on air. And it is as quiet as a mouse.

The design of the vehicle and the power of the engine. The cushioned black leather seats, and the fantastic front grill.

The interior is very plain. It's not stylish at all, except for the black leather seats and interior. For the money that I paid for this vehicle I was hoping for a more unique interior, but I am satisfied by this car in every other way.

Get some options
By susieQ

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love my CTS! It is so easy to drive and park. Visibility is good. I have the Luxury Sport package with the 255 HP engine, Bose sound system, and the 17 inch wheels. This is a very practical and comfortable family car and gets excellent gas mileage. My only issues with this car is the door height from the inside (I always have to open the door when I am at the drive-up ATM) the fact that the car can easily be accidentally shifted into neutral from drive if my passenger crosses legs or shifts and bumps the shifter, and that the blower for the climate controls is VERY loud. A loaner CTS I recently drove with fewer options was not as enjoyable. Get upgrades on this car.

The polished wood and leather steering wheel and shifter knob and all the other bells and whistles.

Door height and the blower noise.