Used 2004 Cadillac CTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac CTS

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (199 reviews )

CTS is a cool car
By Glenda Stayton

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

The Cadillac CTS with both the luxury and sport packages is a very cool and fun car to drive. You have more quick acceleration than you need and with the addition of chrome wheels and a spoiler...you have the looks. The CTS does not have the real soft ride of the DeVille, but the DVville cannot turn on a dime nor accelerate like the CTS can.

Favorite Features

This is a great looking car, especially black on back with chrome wheels. The driver's area has everything very accessible and is comfortable. It offers decent height, passengers are not scrunched in the back seat either. It has a huge trunk!

Suggested Improvements

Add heated back seats.

2004 Cadillac CTS
By Al

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I posted about my Cadillac CTS back in early 2005. I raved about this car. I loved it. Until October 2005 a seal broke in the trunk and it took all of the 3 inches of rain from the sky into my interior. Everything was totaled inside. Since then Caddy installed a new interior. Every week I get a new rattle along with panels falling off the interior. It sounds like a Yellow school bus when you drive it. I reached out to service reps and GM in Detroit. All on deaf ears. As long I pay GMAC nobody cares. I strongly recommend you choose wisely. For the first time in my life after 25 years of driving Cadillac, I have to try other waters (foreign). What a shame!

Favorite Features

It handles well and the 255hp engine is fast.

Suggested Improvements

The glove box too small and the arm rest is too short.

Drives like it looks
By bill e

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

The 2004 Cadillac CTS is a blast to drive. Its turning radius and power gives you a sense of dominance. It seems to turn heads with its short but big reputation. The big brother V doesn't hurt. One hundred thirty MPH is the fastest I've gone, but want to go One hundred forty five. For the price it gives you speed, dynamic handling, some luxury, and a lot of fun.

Favorite Features

The 255 HP 3.6 Multi Valve VVT engine.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower.

Best Car this 63 Year Old Man has Owned
By Bob

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1985 DeVille that was an engineering disaster. I never thought I would own another GM car let alone a Cadillac. However after test driving the CTS plus the great deal, I took a chance. I was thinking about a top end Camry or Ford 500. My CTS was in the same price range but in another class when it comes to performance. The mileage was the biggest surprise. I get between 28 mpg to 31 mpg on the road. Where we live we have a lot of twisty two lanes road that we have to use, a real pain except when I use the CTS. So far I really love this car.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort, mileage and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Minor issues, is it is easy to open the hood instead of releasing the brakes. And, a larger gas tank would be nice.

Dead Batteries and Dies Out When Driving
By Scott

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have been having problems with my 2004 Cadillac CTS since 7/2005 with the car dying out while driving on three occasions and I have had to have the battery changed twice. My car has been in the dealership for roughly one month while they are trying to figure out what is going on. They are not having much luck. They are only working on the dead battery problem. They gave up on finding out why the car dies out while driving. After my experience with the service level of the dealership and the Cadillac corporate people I would never buy another Cadillc. Buyer beware.

Favorite Features

Styling and the ride is nice when the car runs.

Suggested Improvements

Improve on reliability and service after the sale.