2004 Cadillac CTS Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2004 CTS Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (199 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Cts great car
By Regal

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love the Cts, the best car I have ever owned,,only regreat I didnt get the gps system. wont ever go back to the park Ave,

Favorite Features

the sporty feel, the 6 cd changer, all controls on the sterring wheel

Suggested Improvements

the trunk doesnt lift by itself, only a lock release....would like for it to be a tad easier to open, a little heavy

Is it too soon to love this car?
By LuxoSport

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I've only had my CTS for a very short time so my enthusiasm is high. I have the 3.6 w/nav, XM radio. I was very close to buying a Chrysler 300C but found I could have the CTS for about the same price and opted for the Caddy. I love the secure, comfortable feeling behind the wheel,the power when called for,the techno gadgetry is awesome,the light platinum w/ebony interior gets raves from my passengers. Even the carpeting is plush and elegant. The OnStar hands free phone feature is a welcome addition to the overall pleasure quotient. Cadillac has regained its status in the luxury market with the new CTS and now appeals to a younger set as well.Even my grand

Favorite Features

high tech electronics, comfort, power, elegant looks, leather and wood interior and new car smell. Navigation system works well. I never had one before and will likely be sure my next ride has one too.

Suggested Improvements

glove box is too small, trunk access is somewhat limited for large items, middle rear seat passenger would not be comfortable on long trips. This is essentially a 4 passenger sedan.

Excellent
By MY CAD CTS

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Have had the car for 1 week, excellent choice with the 3.6L V6, ride, handling, style, comfort, hardest part is learning about all of the gadgets, how to make them work, but that is not a problem, it is a pleasure to drive. On Star, the phone, and XM radio in additon to the 1SB package, with 6 disc Bose, and sunroof. Most fun I have had in my 40 years of driving, Thanks Cadillac.

Favorite Features

Handling and comfort, ease of driving, just a pleasure to ride or drive in. The 3.6L V6 is enough power and the auto trans with several options for sport or traction makes this a fun car.

Suggested Improvements

None so far

The jury's still out
By BWV565

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

After a horrendous experience with a '97 Catera (the CTS predecessor), I hesitated before buying the CTS but read great reviews and heard great things, so made the plunge. Black/black, Sports Luxury Package, Chrome wheels, tinted windows, etc., absolutely beautiful. One month into ownership, the DVD Navigation died. Fuel gauges inaccurate and fluctuate. Gas mileage is poor.

Favorite Features

Beautiful, unusual, head-turning styling. All latest conveniences inside (ABS, heated seats, DVD Nav, Sunroof, 6CD Bose stereo, etc.). Performance. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

6-speed option on 3.6L engine!!!! Rear parking assist like in the DeVille; Turning signals in the side-view mirrors like in the DeVille; Better gas mileage; Spoiler option; Mudflaps/Sunroof visor options made specifically for the CTS

Loving It!!!!
By vme1976

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I also drive a bigger SUV and was afraid I would feel cramped in this smaller vehicle but I don't feel cramped at all. I have room along with my passengers. Everything I need to use is right at my finger tips unlike in other cars I have driven. The get up and go on this car is great!! I've actually been stopped by people thinking of buying a CTS and I haven't had one bad thing to say about it.

Favorite Features

I really like the seat memory. My other vehicle doesn't have this option and I constantly find myself trying to get the seat a mirrors back to where I want them.

Suggested Improvements

I like keeping spare change in my car and in my other vehicle they actually have a change holder in the center console. So if I had to change something I would put a spot for change.

2004 CTS Nav Scrn Blinds Driver w/sun
By Ken Poland

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I own a 2004 Cadillac CTS with navigation system. The screen is so poorly shielded that the sun will cause a blinding light in the driver's eyes when it hits the screen in the moring or evening and reflects to the driver. I almost wrecked the first time this happened to me. I have since had the back windshield tinted very dark. My dealer and Cadillac ignorned my problem and complaints. Be careful if you have this configuration. The tint seems to help. Ken Poland

Suggested Improvements

Fix the navigation screen so that it does not reflect blinding sunlight into the drivers eyes!

RED ALERT
By Robert G. Kramer

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Be careful. The 2004 CTS is so smooth and quiet you will lose all sense of speed. The beautiful red line color attracts radar and lasers. The cop liked my car so much he wrote the ticket down from 77 in a 55 to 61. Let's hear it for the U.S.A. I love this car.

Favorite Features

Styling and someone to talk to when I get lonely (OnStar).

Suggested Improvements

Not just a stealth look, but a stealth design invisible to radar so you can enjoy all of the horsepower.

First Caddy...Great Ride!
By James Grant

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Cadillac, so far so good. I love the way this car handles! The CTS handles just like a sports car. I am also pleasanlty surprised with the power of the 3.6 V6. The drivers seat is very roomy, I am a 6' 280lbs power lifter and I have plenty of room.

Favorite Features

Power & Body Style & Suspension

Suggested Improvements

Rear Visibility is bad & More options.

My CTS
By Windsorman3

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Fun,fast, and economical. The comfort level of the ride is extraordinary espcially given th short wheel base. Affordable luxury in an American car.

Favorite Features

I lve the steering wheel controlas, Bose sound system...leather details. Tilting mirors when backing up...all the neat little things.

Suggested Improvements

Need easier to translate operational instructions for the gadets and settings. OR a cd disc to instruct.

Fun car
By jfd

2004 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Great car, fun to drive, but it would be even better with front wheel or all wheel drive. A little slippery on snow.

Favorite Features

It handles great on both coountry roads and the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Front wheel drive wooould be an excellent improvemnet