Used 2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (199 reviews )

Can't Get Enough
By Happy American

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I was warned about buying a Cadilac but I read so much about what GM had done recently and that the plant that the car is built in had won numerous awards when competting with all the manufacturers so I bought American! Well, I can not be more happy. I have let friends with BMWs and other cars drive it and all you have to do is look at thier faces after they get out of the car. They know what I now know. Cadillac is back and they can compete with anyone. Don't take my word, go test drive and will have the same face my friends have after they drive it.

Favorite Features

The smooth transmition and agility.

Suggested Improvements

Make satilite radio standard.

CTS
By Mark

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This car is comfortable both in city and highway driving. For the size, comfort and power I think that the mileage is respectable. I have had two E-Class Mercedes, a Lexus SC400 and LX470 and three Corvettes in the last 10 years but for some unexplainable reason I like this car best.

Favorite Features

The smoothness, handling and reliability. Everything is where it needs to be. It's not as quiet as the Lexus but it's much better than the Mercedes.

Suggested Improvements

The interior in the 2004 is too plain, it took some getting used to. The new model is better, I look forward to the redesigned 2007/08.

Do Not Buy, Definitely Don't Lease
By sawuscoming

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Obviously, most positive reviews are looks and fun. It does look good, but is only fun in optimal driving conditions. If sliding (from a stop at slow acceleration) on slightly wet pavement is is fun, it's fun. I've driven in Illinois winters for sixteen years; this is the only car I've ever slid off the road in. Interior looks good for awhile, but black finish on control buttons has chipped off. Interior lights dim off and on, and the cruise control has been disengaging--it only has 18,000 miles on the car. To this date, it has had three recalls. Don't waste money on a tired name when there are car quality companies producing luxury vehicles built with the driver in mind.

Appearance

Suggested Improvements

Reliabilty/stability in wet conditions, quality/durability in mechanics to reflect what is expected given the pricetag.

Cadillac CTS
By James Anderson

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I really enjoy the sporty looks and the European feel, firmer drive of the Cadillac CTS. It gets great gas mileage and has plenty of power. It also draws a lot of lookers!

Favorite Features

The styling.

Do Not Purchase This Vehicle
By ceranic

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Think twice before purchasing a 2004 Cadillac CTS. Due the fact that front and rear tire sizes vary, it is not possible to rotate the tires. Consequently, the tires will feather (cup) and produce an irritating, noisey ride. According to several tire dealers, plan on replacing tires after approximately 15,000 miles. I would seriously question any rave reviews on the fun aspect of driving this vehicle, or any vehicle, whose tires remain in place without proper periodic rotation.