2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.2L V6 5-speed Manual - (199 reviews )
Great car, Fun to Drive
By Dan on 11/10/09 19:47 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my CTS for two years, and had read several reviews before my purchase. I saw that there were several complaints about the batteries dying on this vehicle. I also had this problem, not because of a faulty wiring system like many of the reviews said, but because of the bose sound system. When i bought the car i knew bose made a cheap product and expected this to happen, due to the lack of a remote wire on their amp. I replaced the amp and speakers (the bose speakers are made of cardboard) with a better product and it fixed the issue. This car has great handling and plenty of power.

The Best Car I've Owned
By Joe on 07/01/09 18:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have been loving every thing about this car since I bought it. It handles really nice. I love the power it has when needed, the firm suspension and the turning radius. I hope to have this for a long time.

Good try but going back to an Import
By 2smooth on 04/04/09 10:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Wife crashed the toyota 4runner and my Honda S2000 was stolen off the drivway. So I decided to go with some class and give GM back a chance... WRONG CHOICE!!! The CTS 3.6L with Navi and 17" wheels was a good try for GM but this car still does not compare. Quality is poor as paint interior on knobs are chipping everywhere and my side skirt is loose, memory settings get messed up on the sideview mirrors. There are recalls on the CTS with the steering linkages. My alignment needs to be redone every year so far and now it is acting up with suspension noises. Brand new these cars are great, right up until you add some mileage on them. Overall,still fun to drive while looking good doing it

Ameri-can't
By Murry on 01/15/09 12:30 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

It handles great in dry conditions, but not in snow, which is miserable. Fuel economy is disappointing for a V6 with VVT. The transmission makes a whinning noise, and the car is known to have issues with trannies. Comfortable, stylish, and fun, but not quality, reliable, or practical. Overall a decent value IF you get it at a cheap price, but I'll never buy another caddy again- HIGH maintenance costs, and not great quality. Get an Acura- 10x the quality for about the same price. Do not even consider if you drive in winter conditions.

King Of The Road
By Scottiro on 10/27/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

After shopping used CTS's for about 1 year- I finally purchased a Pearl 04' CTS (w/black leather). The reviews have been great on this vehicle and the craftsmanship is extraordinary. I bought my Caddy with 60K on it but paid about 4K under blue book. So far, so good. I previously drove a Jeep Wrangler so this is an entirely different experience.

Classy car decent prices on preowned
By NateC on 09/27/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Owned the car for about 6 months. No problems or fixes as of yet. Pretty good power for a V6. Considering K&N Intake. Smooth ride and great handling.

Timing Chain Repair at 70K miles=$2500
By rcwilbur on 07/09/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving this car. When purchasing I opted for the 3.6 liter engine, in part, because it has timing chains that are supposed to survive the life of the car, as opposed to the 3.2 which the owner's manual suggests replacing at 100k miles. The owners manual even states that if you don't replace the timing belt on the 3.2 liter you risk severe engine damage. Well the timing chain broke on my 3.6 CTS at 70K miles and the dealership estimates that the repair costs will be about $2500. Dealership also told me they had another 3.6 CTS in at the same time, for the same problem.

Fun to drive if you like rattles
By CTS on 06/15/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive, with the 5 speed manual and the 3.2 liter dohc v6 makes a fair amount of power. The interior is comfortable but is a little boring and kind of cheaply made. I am very disappointed with the stabilatrack which has gone haywire on me after 45000 miles and a rattle coming from the engine somewhere, after about 30,000 miles. other than that the car is wonderful, turns on a dime, good acceleration, handles good, and brakes good.

Styish, solid, impressive
By Vince on 03/17/08 11:51 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car to replace my 2004 Acura TL that got totaled, and the Caddy really leaves you with a better impression. It drives very much like a Mercedes E-class; very solid and confident. The torquey 3.6 L engine accelerates with ease, never feels stressed, and is perfect for hour-plus highway trips, if not for the less- than-stellar fuel economy (at least it takes regular gas). The dash design is a bit homely, to be honest, but the interior is otherwise very pleasant and the seats are really comfortable (although at first it was tricky adjusting it to a comfy position). Polished metal plates on the door sills would be nice, like in other luxury cars.

Can't go wrong
By Jimmy C on 10/29/07 20:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac CTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

This car has it all, styling, comfort, and power. I never thought I would buy a Cadillac, but after I test drove it, there was no reason not to. It beat the BMW 530i and the Mercedes E320 in the 0-60, 1/4 mile and slalom. Extremely comfortable seats. Best car I've had.